Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 109
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey all,

Not sure if this might be of use to the few up-and-coming Holy Paladins out there, but I have complied a index of viable H-Pala items from around lvl 30 (Scarlet Monastery) and beyond. The intent is to give an easy overview on progressive item upgrades in the pre-raid and endgame stages of WoW Classic.

The spreadsheet features three Stat Weight settings, Pre-Raid, Standard and Custom, and additionally supports a viability view depending on the phase of inclusion of the specific items. Screen cap of the system can be seen below.

Stat Weight selection system, and item viability setting based on current game phase

The spreadsheet contains all viable item information for Holy Paladins, including item sources, types, key stats, phase of inclusion and a database link (not visible), as seen below

Example screen cap at 60% size to illustrate how long H-Palas might need to look like a turquoise lollipop

As data entry has been made manually, there might be minor mistakes, and naturally I happily take feedback, requests and revisions, Feedback can be dropped into the final tab and I will update in batches as appropriate.

If you want to check it out, then you can find it here:

Vault of the Silverhands, A Gear Primer for Holy Paladins

zutch Sauva TJourney Holyfrog Minorou jadelith rijndael
- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|
Mk. Ultra - Comprehensive Guild Management Spreadsheet
A comprehensive tool for guild managers maintaining rosters & loot distribution in LC based guilds

A progressive and customisable item, enchant and buff overview for Holy Paladins

Winterspring
EU Zandalar Tribe
donator Posts: 80
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thank you so much ! this is quite impressive !

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Happy to hear its of use Zutch!

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|
A comprehensive tool for guild managers maintaining rosters & loot distribution in LC based guilds

A progressive and customisable item, enchant and buff overview for Holy Paladins

Winterspring
EU Zandalar Tribe
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I wonder if there's any numbers to compare healer performance in raids, you know, resto shamans, holy/disc priests, resto druids, hpalla !
would be nice to see some numbers on how they perform ! i know this isn't what your guide is about, but i imagine you know better sources for class information !

Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 24
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This appears to be of very fine quality. Thank you so much for composing it!

Order of the <Mystical Stump>

Light be with you.
Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I actually cant recall seeing any patchwerk style comparisons, tho that would be quite neat to have around. But i do think the general consensus is that the order is something along the lines of Holy Priest > Restro Shaman & Holy Paladin > Restro Druid > Disc Priest if you go by healing output, but disregarding the ever important toolsets of each class is maybe not the best.

I think once we go live, we will have access to much better data (incl. stat weights etc), so fingers crossed that someone compiles a nice little overview of this!

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thanks a bunch TJourney, if you spot any mistakes or concerns, then please let me know!

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|

Winterspring
EU Zandalar Tribe
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Xcellers wrote:
4 years ago
I actually cant recall seeing any patchwerk style comparisons, tho that would be quite neat to have around. But i do think the general consensus is that the order is something along the lines of Holy Priest > Restro Shaman & Holy Paladin > Restro Druid > Disc Priest if you go by healing output, but disregarding the ever important toolsets of each class is maybe not the best.

I think once we go live, we will have access to much better data (incl. stat weights etc), so fingers crossed that someone compiles a nice little overview of this!
i found this video

and i kept watching the heal meter, and this guy (plus 2 other pallas) were topping the heal meters ! versus 2-3 priests !!!

granted i didn't skim through the 2h footage (am abit sleepy) but i'll definitely find more videos to look into it
am also quite surprised, the palla is just spamming flash heal, while the other priests( you can see them in the video) pause for few seconds before casting again ! so i like the palla's sustain/efficiency !

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ah sorry I didnt see the reply!

Well its a bit hard to base it on a MC run since there is so many factors that we cant account for such as overhealing, gear, raid roles, afks and individual skill levels. Normally, for stuff like this, we would look at a patchwerk style encounter (preferably a simulation, to account for skill level, lag etc) to do a solid comparison but we dont really have access to that for classic yet (as far as i know?).

Your key take away is however very solid, cause one of the really great things about Holy Palas is that we can sustain like crazy, as soon as we hit a decent gear level. The kicker here is naturally Illumination so you really want to stack crit until you can sustain for an extended period of time!

zutch
- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sheet has now been updated to encompass buffs, consumables and a range of Paladin milestones (skills, professionalises, class quests and attunements) e.g. a bunch of nice to have, not need to have.

teebling Sauva Bobo
- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

With a stress-test in 5 days, name-reservations in 10 days and launch in 24 days, then I hope its okay to undrown the vault, in case boding Holy Paladins find themselves in need of item information.

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Just going to resurrect this, instead of starting a whole new topic for it - but for the few dedicated Holy Paladins, mentally preparing for BGs and group-oriented PVP, then I have just updated the Vault of the Silverhands to better support PVP builds.

At its core, the update has newly adjusted Phase inclusion values for WSG/AV rep items, and now supports Stat Weight Values for Armour - I have a pre-configured stat weight set based on my best estimates, but I encourage any users to use the Custom input fields, and their own Stat Weights so it suits their playstyle and requirements!

teebling
- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

This is absolutely phenomenal by the way.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
Seconded, Xcellers puts out very high calibre stuff.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah seriously. I've spent a lot of time digging through this spreadsheet and compiling my toon's wishlist, and doing some EPGP calculations to determine how I can prioritize my most desired upgrades. :lol:

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
teebling wrote:
4 years ago
rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
teebling wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah seriously. I've spent a lot of time digging through this spreadsheet and compiling my toon's wishlist, and doing some EPGP calculations to determine how I can prioritize my most desired upgrades. :lol:
Really appreciate the pats on the back guys, both sheets are significant time investments so it really means a lot that the effort is appreciated and well-received - especially after Chrome and Docs took as massive hit on stability and made any work on these 10-fold harder :roll:

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Just seen this now, this makes life easier for sure!

Thanks!

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
Just seen this now, this makes life easier for sure!

Thanks!
Happy to hear man!

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|