Thunder Bluff
EU Mograine
donator Posts: 6
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hi guys,

Gonna be playing Tauren Feral Druid in classic, I'm hoping to mainly play cat, but would like the flexibility to tank if necessary. My end professions will be Herb/Alch, but I'll probably level with Herb/Skin to make some money. I wanted to know how painful/difficult/expensive it is to level Enchanting to 265 to get the trinket, before I revert to Herbalism at 60. Enchanting is one of the few professions I've never really played in my time playing WoW so I have no real reference for how long it would take at 60 to level up to 265 and what, if anything, I could do to make that process less painful. Do you guys even think it's worth doing, just for that single trinket which, although it's BiS for bear, I might not use that much?

Any comments/opinions gladly received.

Stfuppercut Selexin
Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The druid who wants to tank in my guild is going to get it. There are other druids out there who want that but if I'll take the man/bear on his commitment if he levels up enchanting just to get that.

It's not terribly difficult to level contrary to popular belief - especially if you have something like Tailoring on the side to help you out a bit. Then again take this with a grain of salt because private server drop rates could differ from Classic. The difficult part is keeping Enchanting up to your relevant level, especially when you hit around level 40-45 and want to do Uldaman for both your quests and leveling your enchanting past 225. You will have to have about 25 skill points worth of enchanting mats if you want to get done with it in a single run. There is a chance you could stealth and solo by the side entrance at 60 but all in all, nobody wants to do Uldaman twice, it's a pain in the ass.

Dudz
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nymis is right. Also, depending on the economy, purchasing your way up the levels can be a legitimate way to level enchanting depending on the items you are buying. If the enchanting market isn't over saturated you can get away with purchasing items, DEing them and selling the mats without too much of a loss. This can be used for the majority of your grind. Buying, selling and trading mats while increasing skill. For the higher mats, you have a lot of quest greens etc to help accommodate your grind.

Nymis wrote:
4 years ago
There is a chance you could stealth and solo by the side entrance at 60 but all in all, nobody wants to do Uldaman twice, it's a pain in the ass.
Given the fact that he is a druid, he will be in Uldaman a lot anyways. He will be farming many https://classic.wowhead.com/item=11118/archaedic-stone 's and will probably want to pickup https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9413/the-rockpounder . As you mentioned with stealth, he will have no issues getting right to the enchant NPC.

Some variants for the ring includeShow
of the Bear +8 sta +9str
Of Eluding +1% dodge +7agi
Of the Monkey +8agi +9 sta
Of Strength +13 str

There is some RNG with the type of ring and then the quantity of stats you get as well. Makes for quite the grind for a feral but the armor stat on the ring makes it fairly valuable due to bear form.
Dudz wrote:
4 years ago
Do you guys even think it's worth doing, just for that single trinket which, although it's BiS for bear, I might not use that much?
I think it is worth it if it is your BiS. But that depends entirely on your goals. As a feral, every advantage you have will strengthen your team value and work as bargaining power for a raid spot. My advice would be to build a case so strong that no one can deny you. Do you need the trinket to be effective? No. Will it help? Yes. So you have a choice to make.

Dudz Selexin
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Undercity
donator Posts: 126
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Does disenchanting give you skill experience? Planning on using my bank alt to DE stuff and eventually using him as a 'real' character.

Burning Steppes
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 56
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

snickerwicket wrote:
4 years ago
Does disenchanting give you skill experience? Planning on using my bank alt to DE stuff and eventually using him as a 'real' character.
It does but only to about 50 or so.

Enchanting is expensive but more due to loss of income (vendor/AH greens) than spending.
It's more impactfull at lower levels.

A crafting profession that produces disenchant gear helps a little but enchanting is a money drain.

[:flag_eu: :dragon: :flag_gb: :large_blue_diamond: | EU-PvE | English Speaking | Alliance | GMT+1 | Family & Work friendly | Mid-Core]
Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

another thing to consider when levelling enchanting is to have an alt that does blacksmithing too, cause you can always farm greens and blues and whatever or just quest around for them all, but youll always need to buy rods and the mats to make them runed, which can be pretty expensive because people know they can charge a lot for them since theyre such a necessity

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Eluding +1% dodge +7agi
Sploosh!

Stfuppercut
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Eluding +1% dodge +7agi
Sploosh!
and "of agility", not optimal but another great variation for a leveling druid. SO many decent versions!

Selexin
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

First, https://classic.wowhead.com/item=11811/ ... e-mountain is so good on a Druid tank that you will not replace it if you plan on tanking 5 mans. Ever. There are some late raid alternatives (read: ALTERNATIVES not better ones) but that's going to require a serious dedication and obviously luck. So to your initial question "is it worth it": hell yes it is. The added stats on that item really makes a difference.

Now whether enchanting is expensive to level; yes - somewhat. You should really couple it with tailoring and make and disenchant your own items. Especially if you're planning to level together with everyone else, greens will be really pricy to buy from AH just to disenchant them. This means relying your drops to DE, which is not feasible to level enchanting on its own.

If you are joining later, or just want to level your character slowly, enchanting becomes a lot more easier to level by buying useless greens from AH / trade chat. You can then forgo tailoring (which is useless to you anyway) and pick up herbalism; selling herbs for gold and buying greens / raw mats in exchange to level your enchanting. Once you get the trinket, you can drop it and pick alchemy if you want, or just stick with enchanting.

Skinning is not really worth it at level 60 THAT MUCH compared to what you can make with herb/alchy. It's good for levels 5-40 where you can vendor your items.

Selexin Dudz
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde