View results
Poll  •  Will you level your secondary professions?
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Are they worth the trouble in classic or is it a huge time-sink?

Any of you guys here who are going to level their secondary professions? Both or just one of the two. I'd love to hear!

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=2480 ... -dumplings

E.g. this buff seems quite usefull.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Forsakenone wrote:
4 years ago
Are they worth the trouble in classic or is it a huge time-sink?
Depends entirely on the economy of your server from an efficiency standpoint. Will also depend on the progression of your character. Could you be making more gold per hour elsewhere and simply buying the fish/consumes? Yes? Then it is not worth it. Will also depend on the fish market. Will people be botting or not? If the answer is yes, goldfarmers and botters decimate fishing quickly.

I am framing my answer from an efficiency standpoint because this sounds like an efficiency based questions. Others will say that fishing in and of itself is a reward. It just depends on your own personal goals and mindset. If you are looking at this in terms of effort vs reward, often times fishing is not worth it.
Forsakenone wrote:
4 years ago
Any of you guys here who are going to level their secondary professions? Both or just one of the two. I'd love to hear!
First aid. Everyone should level first aid. Everyone.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

You can time/gold efficiently level cooking with fishing to supply mats but the stuff you produce is of little benefit where bandages and other foodstuffs suffice even for the most HP hungry classes.

To get the good shit, which gives you the spir/stam buff for 15 mins, you often have to go quite far out of your way to find the recipes themselves.

It’s also not synced well with your geographical progression - for example to get Expert cooking you will need to travel all the way to the south of Desolace and buy the expert cooking book which will be far above your level range at the time if you have been strong on levelling your cooking for buff-providing foods from the start.

So since you asked about time-sink and efficiency - for you as an individual it might not be the best. Personally I love stuff like this as it adds depth to the game for me and I will gladly ‘waste’ time to level them up.

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I don't care for efficiency, so I'll be leveling both fishing and cooking and hoping to keep their levels relevant to my actual level. Being a warrior also means fishing/cooking will allow me to make my own food with str and/or spi, so I can start saving for my 40 mount and abilities.

Plus, fishing is so relaxing after questing for few hours. It puts me in a good mood and sets a nice finishing point for the day before I log off, so it enrichens my gameplay session. It's almost like a dessert after a long dinner!

Sauva Isomena
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde