View results
Poll  •  Which warrior spec?
Ironforge
donator Posts: 49
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

As the most popular class, I'm curious to learn which specializations the majority of warrior players intend to play once they reach level 60.

Cheers to everyone who answers!

Expect the worst. Hope for the best.
Greyno
donator Posts:
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Not really sure what class I want to play yet. If I play warrior I may go fury to raid and get good gear but at the same time pvp as fury. Fury is kind of not as good as arms for pvp tho so idk.

Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 54
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I levelled as arms and used it for pvp and pve both back in vanilla. Didn't push rank, but got through BWL with it and offtanked as well without issue. If it's viable, I plan to stay with this, but I enjoy being competitive, so if it can't keep up in pve, may swap to fury.

Xaldron
Mulgore
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 60
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

probably 31/5/15 after hitting 60, but once i get a money-farming alt online, i'll be swapping between prot-pve and arms-pvp often

Xaldron
Warrior Fury
donator Posts: 5
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Fury, all the way!

Xaldron
:twisted: ~ Unleash your inner Fury ~ :twisted:
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I want to play Prot warrior but due to time constraints I will reach 60 in a longer time frame than what a lot of raiders would consider acceptable... I would be under-geared at a time most players already have halve their T1.

So I am getting a mage there first to help pay the costs of levelling the other quickly.

Xaldron
| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Ironforge
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Zanthir wrote:
4 years ago
I levelled as arms and used it for pvp and pve both back in vanilla. Didn't push rank, but got through BWL with it and offtanked as well without issue. If it's viable, I plan to stay with this, but I enjoy being competitive, so if it can't keep up in pve, may swap to fury.
Highly interesting. I don't hear very often about anyone intending to play arms PVE. Good luck, and hope you can keep up!

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Looks at poll results
Then why cant I ever find a tank...

Heres to hoping you guys are all on my server!

Xaldron Thundersfury
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 54
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Looks at poll results

You talking tanks for raids or 5 man? I remember tanking UBRS/Strat/Scholo typically as arms while farming for my Valor set. it wasn't terrible, though my healer was my roommate so we had good communication there.

Druid Feral
donator Posts: 4
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm actually surprised 31% chose Prot PVE since fury dps are normally the most common type of warrior.

Stfuppercut
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Zanthir wrote:
4 years ago
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Looks at poll results

You talking tanks for raids or 5 man? I remember tanking UBRS/Strat/Scholo typically as arms while farming for my Valor set. it wasn't terrible, though my healer was my roommate so we had good communication there.
Finding tanks for any content has always been a pain in the dick. Getting a fury or arms warrior to temporarily toss on a shield to tank is like pulling teeth in most cases. "LF1M XXXXX(content) need tank and GTG" is pretty much the tagline of every forming group. Proceeds right up to and including retail where tanks get insta queues for dungeon finder content. They always have too. Even on vanilla private servers, finding tanks is always the hardest part of building a group.

Was just surprised with the over-representation of prot when getting any warrior to tank is usually tough. I suppose this forum is probably catered to a more mature audience though and perhaps tanking appeals more to that demographic.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I wonder how many Fury tanks we will get to see in Classic. I won't roll Warrior on Classic but if I would I would probably like to try it out. This guy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5xSfo ... 7SQ/videos has some nice videos on when you should be deep prot and when you could be fury for tanking. He even discusses when you could be dual wield tanking and why it's actually good!

Ironforge
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Morrigan wrote:
4 years ago
I'm actually surprised 31% chose Prot PVE since fury dps are normally the most common type of warrior.
Me too

Ironforge
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote: Was just surprised with the over-representation of prot when getting any warrior to tank is usually tough. I suppose this forum is probably catered to a more mature audience though and perhaps tanking appeals more to that demographic.
I believe you make a solid point. I can hardly imagine we will see an overrepresentation of protection warriors once we hit classic. All tho I did intentionally ask which spec do they intend to play, as oftentimes one could end up playing something entirely else.

Pippina
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Level as Arms.

Spec to deep prot around 52~.

Will be on PvP server, so I'll have to see if being a prot means living hell haha. Hopefully I'll travel around with some guildies when grinding / dungeoning.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde