Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Tec @Rinkusan

Druids are top of the line tanks in WPvP because they have a lot of health and can get in and out of CC as they shift.

That druid right there is dancing back and forth between some blizzard, rain of fire and hellfire. Along with a brave mage ice blocking there, he makes them channel AoE on the left side while the rest of the raid advances with me (yellow star) on the right side.

Blasted Lands
donator Posts: 204
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nymis wrote:
4 years ago
@Tec @Rinkusan

Druids are top of the line tanks in WPvP because they have a lot of health and can get in and out of CC as they shift.

That druid right there is dancing back and forth between some blizzard, rain of fire and hellfire. Along with a brave mage ice blocking there, he makes them channel AoE on the left side while the rest of the raid advances with me (yellow star) on the right side.
Ah, I see. Nice!

Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 145
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Nymis gotcha :D

Rinku < the Druid > - For the HORDE - Gehennas, EU
Blasted Lands
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Anyone have a leveling guide with a nice setup of what to spend money on, professions, class quests etc. etc.?

There are so many for mage and warriors with BiS this and that and having not been a druid in classic I find it slightly overwhelming scouring through the net. I found some stuff on wowhead but I've heard mixed thing about it, and it's not so much a class specific guide as its just a "general" thing.

I know of Joanas, but seeing as it's well known, I fear it's also going to be a terrible routing choice.

I'm trying on a Pserver and I'm hardly quick :P

Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
4 years ago
Anyone have a leveling guide with a nice setup of what to spend money on, professions, class quests etc. etc.?
@Yar Might be able to help you out here. I can't give a thorough walkthrough or guide, as I typically play druids organically and without too much pre planning as I find that kills some of the fun, or leads to disappontment, when things don't work out as planned.

I level as feral with leatherworking to help gear as I go. There are some very nice agi/stam leatherworking pieces while leveling, especially in the 30s and 40s.

Druids are so versatile with stats that you can easily upgrade pieces of gear. Agi, str, stam, int, spirit, all helpful. I played around on RetroWoW on a feral PvP spec with hybrid style gear and it felt really good. Still decent melee damage, but with better healing and caster capabilities to help with survivability and flexibility.

I'm really keen to try for honor rank10 purely after seeing how nice the hybrid gear works for flexible playstyle. I'm not sure whether to go 14/32/5 full feral PvP, or something like 8/32/11 for natural shapeshifter and insect swarm, which I enjoyed. The hardest thing about druid for me is deciding on what to neglect and what to nurture in the talent trees, there are so many options. I'm also considering 1/32/18 to give me the option to heal as well as PvP/tank etc. Choices!!!

Rinkusan Sauva Jatlanti
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Mulgore
donator Posts: 35
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks for metioning me @Selexin, I might have missed this otherwise!

@Tec Regarding your question, as Selexin said, almost all stats are useful early on. The only thing I'd worry about getting early is the level 6 staff for 5 silver (and 5 copper? not 100% sure) in bloodhoof.

Class quests, I'd say bear form is a no brainer. At 16 you can go back to Thunderbluff to hand in the quests you get from Crossroads (bundle of hides from the flightmaster, and fungle spores from the undead guy) and accept the aqua form and dispell poison quest. I'd only go to moonglade to start the first chain of aqua form if your heartstone is off cooldown to get a quick way back to the crossroads.

Profession wise, it's all personal preference to be honest. During your leveling phase I'd suggest taking skinning, for the extra silver which makes buying consumables and spells easier (talking about spells, during leveling you only have to buy feral spells and regrowth). But everything can be usefull on druids except for blacksmithing.

A guildmate of mine wrote a very nice and detailed guide about druids, at the moment it's focussed on resto, but the rest is in the works:
https://www.senilechieftains.com/guide/druid-resto

For a detailed druid leveling route you can check my YouTube. If you have more questions just @me and I'll do my best to answer :)

Tec teebling Easycap
Yar, main druid!

My YouTube with Classic WoW Guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/YarTV
Blasted Lands
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Yar that link is HUGE!
Thank you so much.

I have a lot of reading to do now :mrgreen: