Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Is it possible to change the character models in Classic? I mean, they use the same client right?

Private servers like W....ne, in the 3.3.5 client use this new models without problems, do you see this being possible with an addon or something? Is there any datamined model for 1.13?

Not that I want them, I love my ugly a** orc. Just asking.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I mean you have already the ability to use the old and new models.
And I am really sure you will have the ability to mod your client like you want it. Whether Blizzard will allow that in the end is another question.

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Classic doesn't feel like classic if you're running the game with WoD models... Warmane has a file you can opt to download and play it like this.
I feel that the option should not be included with Classic's release and not be updated to give people the option to switch it on. I'm sure modders will provide a work-around if new models is something you want.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Blasted Lands
donator Posts: 204
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I’d actually prefer new character and armor models over the vanilla ones to be perfectly honest. Vanilla models is the worst part of vanilla, the low polys everywhere.
Custom models on the other hand, depends entirely if Blizzard will allow it, I’m not sure they will.

couchatron
 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Rogue Combat
US Westfall
donator Posts: 211
Orc
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I too prefer the newer models and animations to the classic ones. That being said, it's really not a huge deal to me. At the end of the day, our vanilla textures are 100% times better than anything EQ or DAoC ever put out :)

Undercity
donator Posts: 126
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm of the opinion that these kind of cosmetic changes wouldn't be a big deal to change. Things like Tauren's hitboxes being larger I'd say are a different issue.
Did they not announce they were going to let people toggle the old vs. new graphics?

Blasted Lands
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

couchatron wrote:
4 years ago
I too prefer the newer models and animations to the classic ones. That being said, it's really not a huge deal to me. At the end of the day, our vanilla textures are 100% times better than anything EQ or DAoC ever put out :)
Now that is true :mrgreen:

couchatron
 Blizzard Entertainment
Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

once you get used to playing with the older models though theyre really not that bad. i guess youd only notice it much if youre still active on retail

Mage Frost
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 61
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I like the fact that they're doing an OSRS approach and just keeping the old models. After all, the vanilla graphics have actually aged very well, in my opinion.

Deadwind Pass
donator Posts: 101
Alliance
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

As far as I know model swapping is against TOS even if it is possible

Vikernes - Human Warlock - Arugal
Blasted Lands
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kradgger wrote:
4 years ago
Tec wrote:
4 years ago
I’d actually prefer new character and armor models over the vanilla ones to be perfectly honest.
I did too until I ported them to 1.12 and they looked out of place just prancing around all that 1999-2003 terrain (barely any modifications were made to the map posr-beta), so I went straight back to vanilla models right away.

We could even say...
SpoilerShow
I thought I did, but I didn't.
:surprised:

Blizzard Entertainment
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 117
Alliance
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

snickerwicket wrote:
4 years ago
I'm of the opinion that these kind of cosmetic changes wouldn't be a big deal to change. Things like Tauren's hitboxes being larger I'd say are a different issue.
it is a huge change from a role player perspective.
i want my character viewed a certain way. that is why i customized them that way.
but if you have new models toggled and i have old models toggled, you're not going to see me the way i want you to see me.

Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 98
Human
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Personally, I'd love the option to use the updated models in Classic. What I love/look forward to about classic is the game play, community, reliance on others, etc. None of this is impacted by what my character/others look like. So If it were up to me, I'd run with the new visuals. I can't help but want better graphics in 2019. I can already hear the faithful adherents of #nochanges screaming "sacrilege!" but if retail currently had game play that felt as rewarding as classic, on top of looking good, I don't think I'd long for Classic.

A toggle option, at least, would be nice. :confused:

Undercity
donator Posts: 126
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Instinctz wrote:
4 years ago
it is a huge change from a role player perspective.
i want my character viewed a certain way. that is why i customized them that way.
but if you have new models toggled and i have old models toggled, you're not going to see me the way i want you to see me.
This makes sense, but you'll never know if I have my settings one way or another, you'll never know unless you directly ask me or I offer that information.

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 41
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm pretty sure blizzard can create a option for the new model skins. But Idk if it will be buggy because of the old animation and hit-boxes. I'm fine if they add as a option tho. It's not a thing that change much in the game experience, just better looking models.

Lost in the multiverse.
Author of AbyssUI and AbyssUI Classic
Blasted Lands
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

yugen wrote:
4 years ago
I'm pretty sure blizzard can create a option for the new model skins. But Idk if it will be buggy because of the old animation and hit-boxes. I'm fine if they add as a option tho. It's not a thing that change much in the game experience, just better looking models.
I hope there is but I won’t cry if there isn’t. I’d just like the option.
It’s for the same reason I want them to add a barber.

yugen
 Blizzard Entertainment
Shaman Restoration
donator Posts: 1
Orc
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Are there any online resources for "porting" the WoD updated models into 1.12? I can't find anything on google but may be searcing for the wrong thing.