Eastern Plaguelands
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Could y'all refresh my memory what's the best healer?

I mean except for the Priest of course ;)

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Elian wrote:
4 years ago

From a throughput standpoint, paladins/priest are both fairly dominant. I think pallys edge out priests slightly as the game progresses. The worst healer is definitely resto druid. Shamans do well. Raids have a place for each healer though and getting into a raid position as a healer is pretty easy regardless of what you decide to roll. If I was going purely for throughput I'd likely avoid druid as they typically do a bit worse than the other options and they typically have less opportunity (they are also the least played class, possibly more opportunity per player given their low population?). The great news about healers is that guilds will bring every healing spec. Typically anyone who CAN heal, will be brought as a healer with few exceptions.

https://legacyplayers.com/Raids/
This is a great site to see raid parses. You can take a look at a variety of guilds at various levels of competency to see what the average performance of any given spec is. People are typically pretty excitable in regards to their classes or specs of preference. A lot of people will shower you with grandiose delusions of poor performing specs, its best just to look for yourself. How are these specs actually functioning? How common are they? Etc.

INB4 everything is viable (goes without saying)

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Elian wrote:
4 years ago

Every heal is good, pick the one you most like.

Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

In my experience raiding...
Druids were assigned 2-3 groups to group heal and remove poison + corruption, priests were assigned sometimes only to the main tank or assigned to 2 tanks + remove magic.
Paladins got the same duty as priest but they also have blessings assigned throughout the raid.

the best healer depends really on what you need them for.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Druid Balance
donator Posts: 52
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ugh...I'm so tired of people wanting to play "the best".

Play what you find most entertaining...

Eastern Plaguelands
Horde
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shamanigans wrote:
4 years ago

I get you point but i mean i want to be effective i wanted to play paladin but i'm still undecided!
Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
In my experience raiding...
Druids were assigned 2-3 groups to group heal and remove poison + corruption, priests were assigned sometimes only to the main tank or assigned to 2 tanks + remove magic.
Paladins got the same duty as priest but they also have blessings assigned throughout the raid.

the best healer depends really on what you need them for.
Thanks my guy :D
Kchlangendin wrote:
4 years ago
Elian wrote:
4 years ago

Every heal is good, pick the one you most like.
Thanks man :D

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Priest is the ''best'' healer because they are very versatile, they can heal effectively in any situation as they have various tools at their disposal. Quick heals, slow big heals, healing over time, shields, aoe heal, dispell, you name it, they have it.

Paladins are considered the most efficient healers. They have quick, quite strong and low mana cost FoL which in combination with Illumination talent makes them pretty good at sustained healing. On the other hand, they lack the priest's versatility. They only have direct heals, no healing over time, no shields, no aoe healing. They do have other tools like bubbles for both themselves and others, Lay on Hands, Hand of Freedom etc. They are very good at what they do but the scope of what they can do is limited. If you are looking for more dynamic spell rotations, paladin might not be the one for you.

Druid is probably the hardest healer to contribute as. Although they have potent heals, their bread and butter spell has long casting time so it is very hard to time it so you can land effective and efficient heals. In order to keep up with the healing of other classes you have to downrank to very low ranks of Healing Touch in order to keep the fast casting time and by doing so you sacrafice quite a lot of your healing output. You would use higher ranks as well but you have to be experienced to know when and what rank to cast at the given moment. They also have 2 healing over time spells which can come in handy as well but you have to manage the mana costs, Regrowth especially is very situational. Apart from heals, druids bring strong buffs, Innervate which helps your priests with mana issues and combat ressurection which is always needed.
From what I have experienced, there is a big difference between a newbie and pro Druid and I have even seen them occasionally top the meters but again you have to be very well geared and experienced Druid.

I am not experienced with shamans enough to speak about them much but I have seen them being very good at healing (especially aoe), they do have a little less mana efficient spells but with the consumes it should be ok. With the dynamic that totems bring, I feel like Shaman must be quite different from other healer classes and a lot of fun to play and I am very tempted to try one on Classic.

From my point of view every healing class shines in different things and they can all be blast to play.

Sauva Elian
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yes, priest is the best but then it is defiantly Paladin, even though technique paladin can heal better than a priest its just priests have more types of healing and tools for healing that paladins do not have like AOE healing, Renew HOT and a Power Word Shield absorb. Flash of light is undoubtedly the best/most efficient heal in the game. Druids are good as well with many HOTs they have and a big heal. Cant say much about Shaman but shaman with there chain heal is really good too! One might be better but even the worst healer...is still really good, its not just the heals that make some classes better but the tools and support they can do to help the raid!

1.) Priest (Big heal/Little heal, Renew, AoE heal, Bubble, Stam Buff, remove magic and disease)
2a.) Paladin (Flash of Light, Cleanse magic, Best buffs in the game)
2b.) Shaman (Chain Heal OP, Totems for every situation)
3.) Druid (HoTs HoTs Hots, Mark of the wild OP, Innervate OP, Cat form, Bear Form, Ragnaros Form....oopps :lol: )
4.) Rogue (I remember stop attacking the boss to bandage other people, Rogue support! Healer at heart!)

Elian
Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Eastern Plaguelands
Horde
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thanks Faendor Thanks Nyxt

I gave it a little think and i want to go Druid with the horde and Paladin with the Dwarf (i want to smite the Scourge!)

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shamanigans wrote:
4 years ago

Winning is what most people aspire to do. This is what they find entertaining. Whether that means increasing their leveling speed, their throughput or getting an edge in PvP. Min/maxxing has become very common in gaming. Spreadsheets and tier lists are common place in ALL of gaming. Classic will play the exact same way. There will be a minority of users that make suboptimal choices, the rest will lean towards min/maxing to gain an edge. It may not be authentic to your retail vanilla experience, you may not like it, but this will likely be the case.

Fear not, you will always be able to find a group of like-minded individuals to play with.

Jatlanti Elian
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink: