Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 11
Alliance
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Wailing Caverns. Maze like map, pats that repsawn, need to clear elites just to get into the instance, so many random scrubs pugged from /1 in the barrens

Dungeonboss
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gnomer was such an ugly place to be. The stockades were pretty short and forgettable, but I just hated being in gnomer. Even when I knew the lay of the land down there, I just wanted to be somewhere else.

Selexin
Warlock Destruction
donator Posts: 20
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Stockades is lazy. The entire dungeon is lazy. The quests for the dungeon are lazy. The loot drops are underwhelming. I don't hate Stocks, but it is the least imaginative dungeon in the game. 3 hallways with rooms.

People above are saying Gnomer but AT LEAST gnomer took some time to create and to explore. There are several events in Gnomer, a complex key system throughout the dungeon. A back door... Multiple large rooms that each have their own theme. Unique loot that is associated with each boss. Tons of long quest lines that end up leading you through this place. An interesting cleaning system to cleanse those pieces of dirt you find. A weird NPC area within the dungeon... Dont get me wrong, in the grand scheme of things Gnomer is trash, but in comparison to some of the effort that was put into other dungeons?
I completely agree with this post. I find Gnomer to be extremely aggravating, but at the same time it is very unique and very interesting in it's design and lore.

Stockades just seemed like a half assed forgotten dungeon. I feel like John Staats spoke about it at some point on ClassiCast, and his view was similar. It is bland and pointless, and it could be done really awesomely.
Oh you guys have not seen Grul's Lair then :)
It's just one road, lol.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

gorda.the.spy wrote:
4 years ago
Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Stockades is lazy. The entire dungeon is lazy. The quests for the dungeon are lazy. The loot drops are underwhelming. I don't hate Stocks, but it is the least imaginative dungeon in the game. 3 hallways with rooms.

People above are saying Gnomer but AT LEAST gnomer took some time to create and to explore. There are several events in Gnomer, a complex key system throughout the dungeon. A back door... Multiple large rooms that each have their own theme. Unique loot that is associated with each boss. Tons of long quest lines that end up leading you through this place. An interesting cleaning system to cleanse those pieces of dirt you find. A weird NPC area within the dungeon... Dont get me wrong, in the grand scheme of things Gnomer is trash, but in comparison to some of the effort that was put into other dungeons?
I completely agree with this post. I find Gnomer to be extremely aggravating, but at the same time it is very unique and very interesting in it's design and lore.

Stockades just seemed like a half assed forgotten dungeon. I feel like John Staats spoke about it at some point on ClassiCast, and his view was similar. It is bland and pointless, and it could be done really awesomely.
It's just one road, lol.
We did see it in TBC, and also it's a raid not a dungeon.

Have you seen Onyxia's Lair? :biggrin: At least the boss fight is incredibly memorable in that case.

Stfuppercut
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warlock Destruction
donator Posts: 20
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
gorda.the.spy wrote:
4 years ago
Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago

It's just one road, lol.

Have you seen Onyxia's Lair? :biggrin: At least the boss fight is incredibly memorable in that case.
Fair enough, it is a raid & it is not Vanilla.

Selexin
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago

Why cant I give more than one thumbs up? Can I get some sort of super thumbs up that I can use once per month?

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Can I get some sort of super thumbs up that I can use once per month?
@teeeeeeeeebling!

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gnomer wasn't boring. It was just aggravating because it was so twisty and turny. Same to be said for WC. It's not boring, it's just confusing and you can easily get lost.

I agree with @Stfuppercut in that Stockades is super lazy and boring, the loot is non existent, the quests are lazy. Honestly, stfuppercut summarized it better than I could.

People saying RFC is boring and uninspired and lazy are missing the point of RFC. It's the entry level dungeon, the dungeon that says to you "Hey, this is what some of the content is like in this game. Some fun quest chains to root out corruption in Org, and the having to clean that corruption up."

It's a perfect introductory dungeon for beginning players to hwet their appetite on what a dungeon is.

Stfuppercut Sauva
Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
donator Posts:
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sunken temple

The part featured in retail isnt that bad, but I have never really liked all the stuff before that part, just getting to the entrance is a dungeon in itself

Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 16
Orc
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I can't believe when I CTRL + F and "Ulda" nobody mentioned ULDAMON.

Dude. FLIP THAT DUNGEON!!

I know it's called Uldaman... but I've always been more fond of ULDAMON... YA MON! Taz'Dingo!

https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/ulda ... n-strategy

Priest Holy
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 102
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I dont like RFD and RFK thay are boring and ugly. My favorite dungeon has to be BRD.

Selexin
Rogue Assassination
donator Posts: 7
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Grindhouse wrote:
4 years ago
I dont like RFD and RFK thay are boring and ugly.
I'm shocked these have only had 1 or 2 mentions for the exact reasons you mentioned

donator Posts: 10
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I used to hate Ulda because the level range was so huge that it tricked you into getting half way through and suddenly the mob levels would be too high to continue. Also you usually had to stop for ages to let someone finish their enchanting training.

Nowadays I think it's got really interesting game design that creates player interaction and surprising moments and makes for a memorable experience. In an "I love to hate it" way.

Sauva Selexin
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 23
Night Elf
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I think i ran Gnomer once and it was so bad.

we had this one guy who kept falling off. i think we lasted 2 hours without getting half way through then called it.

Pewjitsu EU [A] Mirage Gateway! Now recruiting all players, sociable, fun, ready for classic

Discord. Join us: https://discord.gg/Fv3ppH5
Shaman Elemental
donator Posts: 69
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gnomer and BRD where just so long and maze-like. It seemed like nobody ever knew where to go and half the time you don't even hit the bosses that you wanted to unless you're the one person that knows where you're going.

Hey there, ClassicRaids here! Join our weekly Free WoW Game Time Giveaway!

ClassicRaids is a website centered around endgame content for World of Warcraft Classic. We help our users with a WoW Classic Guild Recruitment List, Character Search & Lookup, and Gold Making Profession Guides. Check us out and let us know if there's anything we can do to better support the Classic WoW community!
Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Chunk wrote:
4 years ago
Grindhouse wrote:
4 years ago
I dont like RFD and RFK thay are boring and ugly.
I'm shocked these have only had 1 or 2 mentions for the exact reasons you mentioned
and all those damn pig squeals

Redridge Mountains
donator Posts: 19
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stockade is just not fun... but I remember it as a good help to farm some gold when I was waiting for pvp at level 60.

I think my worst dungeon was probably Uldaman, too many wipe there, the fun part is really just at the end...
I have done this dungeon just 4 time I think, and mostly just to help with my tank...

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 176
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kanan wrote:
4 years ago
I hate RFD и RFK.
^ I agree.

<Extreme>
Council Chairman
US-Horde
Blaumeux
Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 49
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The only ones I remember hating to a like, "I'm never going back there" degree were Gnomeregan and Wailing Caverns.Honestly I don't even remember what I hated about them so much, aside from that Gnomeregan was the first time I saw a piece of gear turn red from wiping so many times (so it's entirely possible I hated it just because I was an idiot). Also kind of felt like I wasn't supposed to be there, given if I remember correctly there was some outdoor part that put you in Alliance territory for a few seconds. I think that might've been the first time also I'd seen a Red zone name pop up on the screen.

And then Wailing Caverns.. I dunno, I just remember it taking forever and I don't think my group even finished it. I want to this time, to get that sweet-ass crescent staff. I think I have a higher tolerance for instances in general now than I did then.

Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 109
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sunken Temple - i mean, i love the instance but I have so many poor experiences with that places, going in, without properly vetted groups..

LBRS for reals tho.

Sauva
- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|
Mk. Ultra - Comprehensive Guild Management Spreadsheet
A comprehensive tool for guild managers maintaining rosters & loot distribution in LC based guilds

Vault of the Silverhands, A Gear Primer for Holy Paladins
A progressive and customisable item, enchant and buff overview for Holy Paladins

Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gnoemereregan, WC, & Ragefire Chasm. WC because I've done it so many times. It was cool the first time, but not the 100th time.

donator Posts: 8
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Uldaman and Gnomeregan comes to mind :P

couchatron
Undercity
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 36
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I don't like the Sunken Temple. I know the size of the dungeon is kind a epic but I feel a little exhausted after doing it.
Too many trash groups and you always see what's almost left on trash because of this circle structure of the dungeon. It demotivates me.

Sauva
Zandalar Tribe rp-pvp
Horde
Gravediggers
Rogue Combat
US Westfall
donator Posts: 211
Orc
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Every dungeon has it's place in my heart, even RFK :)

Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 43
Human
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm not a big fan of Maraduon. Hard to get to, confusing, and takes a long time. With a good group it's tolerable though.