View results
Poll  •  What is your favorite Shaman race based on looks?
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 147
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

We are talking about looks, not racials.

I am going with Female Orc because of the straight posture and no oversized shoulders.
What is your opinion - does Female Orc look great? They look amazing in Plate, but how about Mail?

MeatLumps jaggerroy6
Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Female orc as both enhance and elemental

EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Voted male orc purely because of Unbreakable. :lol:

That being said, male tauren in https://www.wowhead.com/item-set=187/the-elements set looks very cool.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Orc. Either female or male, both look awesome! I voted male because I typically imagine enhance when I think of Orc and I prefer males for enhance. If I rolled a shaman though it would likely have the end goal of being Ele for PvP and I would probably go female. You cant go wrong with an Orc from aesthetics to the racials themselves.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Druid Balance
donator Posts: 52
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Male troll for sure if you include animations.

Nyxt MeatLumps
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shamanigans wrote:
4 years ago
Male troll for sure if you include animations.
I'm obsessed with Trolls, Trolls Lore, Trolls animation, and they also get a Raptor mount, but I would never be one lol

I voted for Troll Male

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

On the Horde side I always play male Orc.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Alterac Valley
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 35
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Male Orc, the original Shamans of Warcraft.

Warsong Gulch
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 85
Troll
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago

I'm obsessed with Trolls, Trolls Lore, Trolls animation, and they also get a Raptor mount, but I would never be one lol

I voted for Troll Male
I love everything about the look of troll shamans. Except the shoes...

Still get my vote though.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Orc female, followed closely by Orc male. Male shows off armor better, but their constant bad posture throws me off.

I'm a fan of Tauren male. Tauren females look too much like actual cows to take them seriously.

Personally I would never roll a Troll, but if I had to I'd pick Troll female. Again, posture.

Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

defs troll male. they get awesome hair colours! their animations are sick. and their face paint look sweet as well. even though im female ive rolled so many troll males just because i like the way they look. aside from the no shoes thing. never liked the way the females look. their run animation is just so weird and gross. and their faces are munched up. tbh i find most of the male options in wow to look a lot better than females. aside from night/blood elves and undead. i think actually when i played retail i was almost at max character cap and most of them would have been males haha

Warsong Gulch
US Fairbanks
Troll
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@atkars thanks for making me have to completely rethink what race I'm going to play for my rogue. I was dead set on f undead and now I can't stop thinking about how much I want to play a troll...

atkars
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

MeatLumps wrote:
4 years ago
@atkars thanks for making me have to completely rethink what race I'm going to play for my rogue. I was dead set on f undead and now I can't stop thinking about how much I want to play a troll...
No, no no be undead!
Undeads look so amazingly amazing when stealth and how they lurk in the shadows!

Trolls are cool in all but if your horde and want to roll a Rogue, its undead!
Undeads are the best looking rogues especially with Bloodfang, close second are gnomes, because they are cute!

MeatLumps
Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Warsong Gulch
US Fairbanks
Troll
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
close second are gnomes, because they are cute!
Nyxt, with all due respect, I'm not sure I can take your advice with statements like this.

Nyxt
Rogue Combat
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

MeatLumps wrote:
4 years ago
thanks for making me have to completely rethink what race I'm going to play for my rogue.
For Rogue I would definitely go with Undead Male, nothing else! It's an icon at this point.

MeatLumps
Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 196
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The only real shaman is the tauren. Period.

Sauva
Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)

Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Male orc imo. The huge shoulders and their animations do it for me.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Although, it may be frowned upon by Blizzard you can always change the appearance of you character to any race with a Model Changer. However, it will not change the way people see your character. I'll be rolling personally a Male Tauren since I want to tank and want to portray an imposing presence.

Image    Image    Image
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Female troll

It just seems fitting that a female troll would be a shaman healer to me. It's a good looking class for Male trolls too.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Rogue Combat
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

After all these posts I am thinking about switching from Female Orc to Male Tauren.

Male Orc just isn't for me if it has the broken back. I don't understand why is it like that when in cinematics every Male Orc has a straight posture. (from what I've seen at least)

And as for Orc Female, I don't know. I have always played Male characters and the voice might just make me regret my choice.

Tauren male on the other hand has the intimidation when you see one. Big ass shield!

Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 30
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I like Male Orcs for Shamans, but Male Trolls are cool too. I don't like Taurens as anything except Druids (probably because they are the only choice lol). Taurens are just too slow and clunky for me. I feel like an old person when I play as one. It's like the feeling you get when you try to run through waist-deep water, ya know?

How ya doin' mon?
Ironforge
donator Posts: 9
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Female orcs then female trolls,
I like their posture and casting animations

I never cover up the things I'm proud of. If the world was gonna split in half tomorrow, I’d buy the Dark Portal and slap a toll booth on it.
- Jastor Gallywix