Hunter Marksman
EU Sulfuron
donator Posts: 61
Horde
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

... but Classic is around the corner and it would be a massive waste to dedicate times for a MMO that I would leave anyway in 2 months.

So now I'm frustrated waiting for Classic AND because that's denying me from playing some other MMO. F.

(I know that it's just a virtual barrier and that nothing litterally prevent me from just buying TESO and playing it but I feel like it would be a waste and just wanted to share that frustration with you don't mind me)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift : that's why it's called present."
Thunder Bluff
donator Posts: 8
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ESO is an amazingly chill MMO. It has great narratives so if you enjoy the ES universe I highly encourage you to play purely for some of the stories!

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I actually downloaded ESO a few weeks ago because I was bored. Its a solid MMO. It lasted me a week or two before I went back to the pserver. If Classic wasnt around the corner, I could see myself getting invested in ESO.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm in the same boat. I purchased it when it was on sale and while it was good for the ~ 8 hours of so I've played, I just can't see myself getting invested in it knowing that Classic is around the corner.

It's a really big problem for me right now (lol 1st world problems I know) because no matter what the game, I just genuinely cannot enjoy it when I just (involuntarily) ask myself: "What's the point?".

I miss simpler times haha.

Shyneur
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I love ESO but I have never been able to stick to it for extended periods of time, or ever level past like 20 something. It is fantastically beautiful and some of the story arcs are genuinely amazing. It is a very very solid game, even for just poking around the low levels (since all areas scale to your level these days). Worth the investment for sure.

For now I'm just playing a City of Heroes pserver to kill time to Classic launch. It is hella nostalgic, and one of the most fun leveling experiences, especially coop. Can be quite challenging at times, but definitely suited to theorycrafters cause you can min/max pretty easily with enough planning.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Druid Balance
donator Posts: 52
Horde
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I have this problem as well, it's driving me insane. If classic wasnt announced I would be able to play anything.

After reading below games, those are the games I normally play, anyone have suggestions of what to play?
I don't think I want to play on a Classic Pserver because I don't want to start over or "burn" myself out.

I also don't want to spend too much money on a new game, been thinking about World War Z but feels to
much like just killing zombies and getting some weapons, then that's it.

I literally have NO game that keeps me interested in more then 2hrs because I'm waiting for Classic, which is 2½ months away.

Thankfully me and my gf are expecting a third member of our family July 20th, that should speed up the process a little :)

Games I've installed and played for less then 2hrs and then uninstall because I'm bored:
I'm sure there are more games to this list but these are all I can think of that I've gone through since
classic release announcement.

Retail WoW (Not uninstalled though, but no subscription, been gone for 6 months, dont want to get invested in playing
my main character when classic is so different)
Left 4 Dead 2 Only fun with 4-7 friends
GTA5
Battlefield 4 (best version of Battlefield) and WW1 (Battlefield 1) and the latest BF5.
Destiny 2
Dota (not my game genre so would probably stop come classic or not)
Warcraft 3 TFT (custom games)
Diablo II (Used to love hardcore single players 8 but cba for some reason, Online hardcore population too low)
Diablo III (It's not Diablo II, need I say more?)
The Last of Us on PS4 (Never finished but can't get into it)
Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 (Finished before, cba to play again)

teebling Gallow
Thunder Bluff
donator Posts: 15
Tauren
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I don't want to waste my time in retail either and I want to get this feeling which I have when I come back to Azeroth after a long break.

So I'm trying to get sticked to Counter Strike again :)

Hunter Marksman
EU Sulfuron
Horde
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shamanigans wrote:
5 years ago
After reading below games, those are the games I normally play, anyone have suggestions of what to play?
I recently played "The Division 2" for the first time (didn't played the first one) at launch and played fairly regularly since. It's a solid game worth investing at least some 50h+. I find it great because it's a TPS mixed with Diablo RPG/Loot mecanics. Would really recommend at least trying it (Free Weekend coming along E3 announcements to test the game out if you wish)
Shamanigans wrote:
5 years ago
Thankfully me and my gf are expecting a third member of our family July 20th, that should speed up the process a little :)
Congrat's, you're going to need Classic to get something to do during those looooong nights of watching haha

Shamanigans
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift : that's why it's called present."
Druid Balance
donator Posts: 52
Horde
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shyneur wrote:
5 years ago
Shamanigans wrote:
5 years ago
I recently played "The Division 2" for the first time (didn't played the first one) at launch and played fairly regularly since. It's a solid game worth investing at least some 50h+. I find it great because it's a TPS mixed with Diablo RPG/Loot mecanics. Would really recommend at least trying it (Free Weekend coming along E3 announcements to test the game out if you wish)
Thanks!

I have already played through The Division 2 on PS4 unfortunately. I came to the conclusion that I don't like cover shooters :(

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ESO is quite a fun game. I've played on and off for years. It could definitely keep you entertained until classic comes out I bet.

Rogue Assassination
donator Posts: 114
Horde
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ESO is a game I play very so often for 1 months worth of Sub. You can get a a lot done in a month on that game, if you're full time in it you can get a max level char and fully gear it in that month.

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I started playing Pokemon Go again recently. If there is nothing that can really wake my interest until Classic launches I might as well get in shape and have fun doing so. Those 1 or 2 or maybe 5 pounds I have more than I would like to certainly wont go away while nolifing Classic.

The Barrens
donator Posts: 47
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ESO is great -just started playing after having bought it like 4 years ago. Hit me up if you're interested in gaming together!

Selexin
Mage Fire
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 17
Undead
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I enjoy playing ESO from time to time too, purely for the stories, to get immersed in the atmosphere of TES. Some of the questlines are absolutely great! And there are tons of quests, that's for sure. I'm probably going to spend my time there before Classic comes out.

Selexin
Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 14
Human
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just to echo a lot of what people are saying here.

I recently (re)subbed to ESO. You don't even need to sub to enjoy the game. To me, at least, it falls into those category of MMOs which is a bit more focused towards a single player experience (think SWTOR in recent years). If you want to branch out to experience some of the more focused stories (like the Dark Brotherhood or thieves guild), they're not that expensive if I remember correctly.

Hunter Marksman
EU Sulfuron
Horde
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

You guys really aren't helping here hahaha

I'm affraid there will be some compulsive purchase in the next days... Will see haha

Ashenvale
donator Posts: 59
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shyneur wrote:
5 years ago
You guys really aren't helping here hahaha

I'm affraid there will be some compulsive purchase in the next days... Will see haha
Just give it a go ^^

As others have said, you don't have to sub to it to get fun out of it (I am subbed, cause it makes my life as crafter so much easier). It's a great way to kill time while waiting for classic to launch.

Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 196
Tauren
Shaman
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Old school doom2 pvp is the way to go :-)

Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)

Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
donator Posts: 5
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ESO has been my main MMO since it released! mainly because I never really got into WoW because I jumped in around Mists and all my friends had played since vanilla. It's an amazing game. I'm having a bit of the same thing but the other way around. I wanna play classic but I know it's gonna take my time away from ESO. But I don't think that's a bad thing. If Classic can keep me away from ESO it's gonna be (sub) money well spent imo.

EU Auberdine
donator Posts: 9
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

AUTUMNcore wrote:
4 years ago
ESO has been my main MMO since it released! mainly because I never really got into WoW because I jumped in around Mists and all my friends had played since vanilla. It's an amazing game. I'm having a bit of the same thing but the other way around. I wanna play classic but I know it's gonna take my time away from ESO. But I don't think that's a bad thing. If Classic can keep me away from ESO it's gonna be (sub) money well spent imo.
Yeah, ESO is one of the best MMO on the market right now (for me). I also spent soo much money for this game :D

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Mormond24 wrote:
4 years ago
AUTUMNcore wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah, ESO is one of the best MMO on the market right now (for me). I also spent soo much money for this game :D
That necro though

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50