US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

morbidmike wrote:
4 years ago
Ranks expire but you can keep using the gear even if you no longer have the rank. The rank is only required for buying the gear, not for using it.
I know it's not this way in 1.13, but didn't players have to maintain their rank in order to use the PVP gear in the very early patches? People would have to not only get to rank 14, but remain at rank 14 to use the gear? :lol:

Elwynn Forest
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 102
Alliance
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

morbidmike wrote:
4 years ago
Ranks expire but you can keep using the gear even if you no longer have the rank. The rank is only required for buying the gear, not for using it.
Thank you so much. Why in the world could I not find that information ANYWHERE. So, when phase 2 and honor system comes out. I need to try hard like no other to get R13. That is my BiS for rank 2 and 3, and 2nd or 3rd BiS for the rest of game.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

beached wrote:
4 years ago
Why in the world could I not find that information ANYWHERE.
It's surprisingly hard to find accurate information about the version of patch 1.13.2 that we currently play. There is so much stuff written about this game that was accurate when written that is no longer accurate today in regards to patch 1.13.2. I have found that even pages talking about "Classic" often go off on tangents and describe how things work in WotLK, Legion, etc. There is also a lot of stuff about "Classic" (which itself is kind of meaningless.. think about how many things written about earlier patches of classic are no longer true - exploiting layers to reset dungeon bosses, etc) which are based on private servers that don't work at all in the current iteration of the game. The noise to signal ratio is really poor and you have to be careful about what information you're reading and when it was written.

Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It heavily depends on the server and how many people are competetively PVPing.

But I can tell you what I know from my experience.

My brother reached rank 14 on a heavily populated PVP server ( Rank 14 Troll Hunter - Yoghurt - Hakkar EU )

For the first 8 ranks, he played alone. usually 4-8 hours a day almost every day. When he couldn't play I played for him couple hours a day. He did this for a couple of months.

Then he got picked up by a premade Group. He actually had to play less since they usually won each arathi in 5 minutes, 5 bases to 0, 95% of the time. Played for 3-5 hours a day. The amount of honor he did skyrocketed.
Every week had to stop PVPing after a while because there is a sweet spot where everybody gets more CP if they're on the same honor percentage bracket. And nobody on horde side did more honor than them. Everybody on the premade just did what they had to do, following leader instructions.

There were a decided order where the premade leader choose who would have been the next High warlord, he would be the one to do more honor than everybody each week (or something like that.. it was 13 years ago and I was a child, memory is a bit fuzzy).

If somebody that PVPed a lot would show up, they included him in the premade. There were addons that would ket you know how much honor people are doing (You had to select them and wait a bit), but i don't remember the name.

If somebody did not follow instructions, like continuing accumulating honor after they told him to stop, they would just not include him in the premade.

It took him 6 months.

EDIT: after re-reading this post i want to add: I suck at english :P