EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

mookey wrote:
4 years ago
It is hard to spot the difference if you pick the race for min-maxing if you are not in a group that is min-maxing everything. If you already are, you wouldn't be asking this question here, anyway. So it is a flavor. It is a character you are gonna play for a few years in advance. Pick the setup (flavor) that you like the most, that you will enjoy playing. Few percentage difference can be managed by smart play, smart gear choices & consumes.

The only difference to the "rule" would be an alliance priest. Dwarf really brings one unique, full and super useful raid ability to the table, it is a loss for the same time invested in building a character. However, even without the ward, you will be accepted as a good healer mostly in any raid anyway, due to the sheer lack of healers if you don't like the look & feel of Dwarfs.
I agree with your points but I just feel like I had to mention that it is very funny how everyone is saying that there is lack of healers, which is actually not. There are so many players rolling healers nowadays. :mrgreen:

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
donator Posts: 151
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There is just no way I'd ever play this game worried about rolling a toon the way someone else wants me to roll it. What's the point in letting someone else tell you how and what to play. Stop with the videos they are pointless. Play the game in a couple weeks and figure out what you personally like that makes you happy.

Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Zacheous wrote:
4 years ago
There is just no way I'd ever play this game worried about rolling a toon the way someone else wants me to roll it. What's the point in letting someone else tell you how and what to play. Stop with the videos they are pointless. Play the game in a couple weeks and figure out what you personally like that makes you happy.
This guy is right as well as others have said in this thread!
Play the game to have fun not as a job! (unless you get paid to play the game)

Think of Leeroy, you think he gave a f*ck about min/max-ing?
Naw....Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroy!

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 28
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've heard a lot of talk about it and I think the thing that stuck out to me the most is that if you're interested in min maxxing, your racials for PvP will have much more impact than your racials for PvE so it's better to pick for PvP than PvE if you want to be all-rounder.
Regardless aesthetics trump racials imo.

Faelior of <Royal Authorities> on Grobbulus