Undercity
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 28
Undead
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Having minimum and max range + mana that drains really fast. Personally not interested. Good luck tho ^^

Alliance_Hunter
donator Posts:
Alliance_Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

^ Yeah im definitely going with Night Elf after I just found out that I can get a pet cat, that can stealth along with me.. Shadowmeld + Pets offers a whole new dynamic to the game that I think will give the most enjoyable experience overall... It seems you go dwarf hunter if you want 1v1s, or Night Elf if you want BG or wpvp... And also just realized there's the feign death -> shadowmeld -> food combo... And if I really wanted I could respec into dodge build to improve my chances vs rogues.

Alliance_Hunter
donator Posts:
Alliance_Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I having trouble findI having trouble finding the answer to this question as alot of links are about people's favorite weapons.. But im not looking for favorite weapons, as to me my favorite weapon is the one with the best stats.. With that said I found https://www.wowhead.com/item=22812/nerubian-slavemaker and https://www.wowhead.com/item=22811/soulstring but it says these are 'no longer avaliable'??? Are these the best bows, and will they be avaliable?? Thanks in advance!

Rogue Assassination
donator Posts: 114
Horde
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

>My reasons for this
>conclusion is that rogues seem to be the best PvP class

Nah

Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Great that Kargoz and Punkrat are veterans, of course they know more because they make videos, or do they know better because of that?
I've been playing World of Warcraft for roughly mhmhm 15 years? And since mid Wotlk I have been playing on Private Classic Servers.
I've never seen a Hunter that was extraordinarily good or made my faction's life hard, I've always played Horde. I've always done at least rank10 on any server, so that means I've done a lot of PvP.
There are hunters who like to play well, but there are also magicians who just play well. And every class has a counter, as does the Hunter.
The best example is eigtl. Henhouse, I've duelled with so many different classes against Hunter and yes you win and you lose, but I've never met a Hunter who has 100% wins.

just my 2 cents.

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Alliance_Hunter
donator Posts:
Alliance_Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Raven wrote:
5 years ago
>My reasons for this
>conclusion is that rogues seem to be the best PvP class

Nah
I come from a game where rogues were considered the bane of PvP dueling, so in my opinion their the coolest PvP class.. But im picking Hunter cause you can't get the best weapon for rogue (Thundefury) as that always goes to the main tank, and even if it didnt there are a thousand other rogues competing for it aswell.. So the next best thing is to play a class (hunter) that hard counters rogues (the most played class)..
aeh wrote:
5 years ago
Great that Kargoz and Punkrat are veterans, of course they know more because they make videos, or do they know better because of that?
I've been playing World of Warcraft for roughly mhmhm 15 years? And since mid Wotlk I have been playing on Private Classic Servers.
I've never seen a Hunter that was extraordinarily good or made my faction's life hard, I've always played Horde. I've always done at least rank10 on any server, so that means I've done a lot of PvP.
There are hunters who like to play well, but there are also magicians who just play well. And every class has a counter, as does the Hunter.
The best example is eigtl. Henhouse, I've duelled with so many different classes against Hunter and yes you win and you lose, but I've never met a Hunter who has 100% wins.

just my 2 cents.
"In PvP you are always great. Not just good, great. "But what about your deadzone...?"... <3. This is the best part about being a hunter. I dont have to try and predict what you will do. You will always try to gap close me, and that works for me. I do best when you are chasing me. I can reset the fight several times and in a pinch, and my melee isnt horrendous. 1v1's are laughable with very few exceptions. Team fights are excellent allowing me to create opportunities with CC/Vipersting/Harassing with pushback and peeling but I dont sacrifice my damage and burst. There is no downside. My pet dies? Im still in the game. Im oom? Im still in the game."

- Mic drop...

Alliance_Hunter
donator Posts:
Alliance_Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

After discovering the Classic DB Talent Calculator, I came up with the following talent tree for PvP.. Do you think it's any good? Im going for max damage output (with the exception of putting one point in Bestial Swiftness, instead of Ferocity as I think the 30% speed increase is more worth it).. With this spec my character does max damage, and my pet still does a good base damage..

http://classicdb.ch/?talent#cxbhzxLoZtqohthx

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Alliance_Hunter wrote:
5 years ago
After discovering the Classic DB Talent Calculator, I came up with the following talent tree for PvP.. Do you think it's any good? Im going for max damage output (with the exception of putting one point in Bestial Swiftness, instead of Ferocity as I think the 30% speed increase is more worth it).. With this spec my character does max damage, and my pet still does a good base damage..

http://classicdb.ch/?talent#cxbhzxLoZtqohthx
This is entirely dependent on you, your gear and which phase of the game we are playing. I feel like you are looking for a "BEST" answer throughout the whole thread... Best racial, best spec, best class... I'm not sure you understand how Classic works. Beast master will offer the BEST PvP spec while leveling... Shortly after a case can be made for a variety of specs... With max gear lightning reflexes SPIKES in value due to your gear and agility and can net you the BEST output. Depending on where we are in Classic and what youre specifically doing, BM, MM and Survival will ALL be optimal at a certain point.

You mentioned "hardcore PvP" in your original post, so I answered your question in terms of a premade PvP perspective. This is actually the most competitive form of PvP that the game offers. Top tier premades VS top tier premades. Then you started talking about open world PvP. Open world PvP is the most softcore PvP you can possibly have... You are typically fighting lesser opponents, who are not speced nor setup for PvP and are typically getting the jump on them; this isn't my definition of hardcore. Dont get me wrong, open world PvP is a blast but it isn't very challenging, nor is it hardcore. You're romanticizing playing as a nightelf by being perched up in a tree somewhere shadowmelded... I feel like you're trying to become some stomping machine that crushes everyone in world PvP but your posts just seem... misguided and strange.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Alliance_Hunter
donator Posts:
Alliance_Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

^ Thanks for the insightful response.. Im basically only concerned about two specs, the one Iinked which I think is optimal for PvP (unless it turns out movement speed is more important than damage). And another spec for PvE (and the only reason I care about this is so i can get teir 3 gear)... And by "hardcore PvP" I mean 1v1s, but yeah you right premades will also fall into this catagory (but I just like 1v1s more)... Which I why I said rogue is the best PvP class (for 1v1; and if not the best then certainly the most honorable; cause castors IMO are OP)...

donator Posts: 59
Alliance
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Alliance_Hunter wrote:
5 years ago
Which I why I said rogue is the best PvP class (for 1v1; and if not the best then certainly the most honorable; cause castors IMO are OP)...
Honorable is a strange word used on a Rogue.

Also, I don’t know why you would say casters are OP? Look how the hunter in the vid tears clothies apart.

Arathi Basin
Undead
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Imagine a Hunter vs a Rogue with Naxx gear, who would win? ;)

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Alliance_Hunter wrote:
5 years ago
With that said I found Nerubian Slavemaker and Soulstring but it says these are 'no longer avaliable'?
ClassicDB works better sometimes, even though it uses Priv Servers for its data.
http://classicdb.ch/?item=22811
http://classicdb.ch/?item=22812

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Alliance_Hunter
donator Posts:
Alliance_Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Quaria wrote:
5 years ago
Alliance_Hunter wrote:
5 years ago
Which I why I said rogue is the best PvP class (for 1v1; and if not the best then certainly the most honorable; cause castors IMO are OP)...
Honorable is a strange word used on a Rogue.

Also, I don’t know why you would say casters are OP? Look how the hunter in the vid tears clothies apart.
Oops mybad I meant 'ranged', so that includes Hunters... And rogues known for being the top at 1v1 vs other melle classes, is what I mean by
being "honorable" (for the lack of a better term). And more props to them if they can wreck other ranged classes too, as their out-classed with the lack of cc, and ofcourse range.

aeh wrote:
5 years ago
Imagine a Hunter vs a Rogue with Naxx gear, who would win? ;)
Watch and learn (I dont you think you ever seen a good hunter)

Selexin wrote:
5 years ago
Alliance_Hunter wrote:
5 years ago
With that said I found Nerubian Slavemaker and Soulstring but it says these are 'no longer avaliable'?
ClassicDB works better sometimes, even though it uses Priv Servers for its data.
http://classicdb.ch/?item=22811
http://classicdb.ch/?item=22812
Ohh sweet so it is avaliable, good2know.. Thanks alot, going for either of those will be my main objective!

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Alliance_Hunter wrote:
5 years ago
Watch and learn (I dont you think you ever seen a good hunter)
Dude you're starting to piss me off a bit.

You've clearly never played vanilla but are very enthusiastic about it - that's fine and I'm happy for people to come here and ask questions about the game and advice.

But I've also seen you in other threads trying to tell people what to do, and all you do is link youtube videos because you have nothing to contribute yourself.

Saying stuff like this:
Alliance_Hunter wrote:
5 years ago
And rogues known for being the top at 1v1 vs other melle classes, is what I mean by
being "honorable" (for the lack of a better term). And more props to them if they can wreck other ranged classes too, as their out-classed with the lack of cc, and ofcourse range.
It's not as simple as 'top class' or 'wreck other ranged classes'. PvP in vanilla is nuanced and dependent on a multitude of different circumstances. It's not black and white.

I'd appreciate it if you just like... listened and learned a bit before you start spouting out stuff that is A: wrong or B: misleading.

God I'm turning into @Nymis

Alliance_Hunter
donator Posts:
Alliance_Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lol is that why you're removing my threads? Cuz you mad bro?

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Alliance_Hunter wrote:
5 years ago
Lol is that why you're removing my threads? Cuz you mad bro?
Yeah because your threads suck, you just link clickbait youtube videos and say things that are wrong.

Do you want to get banned?

Bok
Alliance_Hunter
donator Posts:
Alliance_Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lol im on a guest account as you site allows me to use as many guest accounts as I like.. Plus I use proxies, sooo goodluck trying ;)

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Alliance_Hunter wrote:
5 years ago
Lol im on a guest account as you site allows me to use as many guest accounts as I like.. Plus I use proxies, sooo goodluck trying ;)
Mhmm

Allince_Hunter
donator Posts:
Allince_Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'll go by a new alias and pretend i've been playing for years.. Lol sorry to upset you..

Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Allince_Hunter wrote:
5 years ago
I'll go by a new alias and pretend i've been playing for years.. Lol sorry to upset you..
Would be better to pretend a normal human being... You should seriously reconsider your approach towards others in topics you know nothing about. Thats called ignorance.

teebling Quaria Stfuppercut Bok Jon Bloodspray
Arathi Basin
Undead
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The guy's just a ridiculous little boy. He should play his Hunter and realize how wrong he is. I could now link 100 videos where some Rogue, Warri, priest defeats a Hunter, but I don't have to go down to such a level.

@stupidtrollkid How much Classic WoW did you play?

@teebling You might want to consider that people without an account can post something. In the long run we only attract such idiots.

Selexin
Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

aeh wrote:
5 years ago
You might want to consider that people without an account can post something.
100%. Let them lurk, do not let them post. There is no good reason for guest posting.
@teebling

Jon Bloodspray aeh
Lvl 60
Lvl 35