donator Posts:
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

So I was wondering for the upcoming WoW Classic if you could mind control an opposite faction and give them faction specific buffs such as the paladin's blessings.

Is it considered a bug/exploit? Does it work as of now? How to get an official answer if it works?

thank you!

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Devner you know anything about this?

Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I was a priest in vanilla so i am going off of memory here.

I would mind control the other faction to be able to talk to them and i remember giving them buffs like INT and STAM, never tried/did paladin buffs even though I was alliance (that I could remember).

Gonna say you should be able to considering they were considered ally at that point.

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
donator Posts:
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

it seems to me that it's an extremely important element to know as the realms are fixed and not changing, given the amount of time put into a character, there's some completionists out there who are the type to min/max, I know they would be rather frustrated to play a faction and then see that one opposiite faction are getting more damage, leaving the player thinking that they messed up their character, the level of frustration can vary depending the person.

I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling like this! so this kind of question is mandatory, when chosing which faction is played. at least for the question of which class, we could already look up wowhead and find which class and race we find the best. there won't be any faction change service any time soon if ever, looking at the recent dev interviews.

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I hope we get some fantastic mind control antics in classic. That's all I have to contribute. I know it's awful to have happen to you but I took particular joy in hearing about someone getting mind controlled and forced to attack a faction they want favor with until they are hated with them, etc.

teebling
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Guest wrote:
5 years ago
So I was wondering for the upcoming WoW Classic if you could mind control an opposite faction and give them faction specific buffs such as the paladin's blessings.

Is it considered a bug/exploit? Does it work as of now? How to get an official answer if it works?

thank you!
Yes, you could mind control the opposing faction in vanilla and yes there are multiple videos of people receiving paladin buffs. Not a bug or exploit. Blizzard's stance is that it bridges on cross-faction collusion, which they don't like. They have never said its not allowed though.

P.S. My guess is they'll allow it as long as you don't use it to get World Firsts Bosses.

Image    Image    Image
donator Posts: 1
Orc
Rogue
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

How long does pally buff last? Could you use it for raids?

Mulgore
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 60
Tauren
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nereverine wrote:
5 years ago
How long does pally buff last? Could you use it for raids?
15 minutes with a reagent, so useful on a few key players like the MT for bosses, but too tedious to do everyone

Winterspring
donator Posts: 47
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

paladin buffs do not last long. the idea of it helping win a world first is kind of laughable. basic (free) blessings last 5 minutes. greater blessings (requiring a reagent) only lasted 15.

You think you do, but you do.
donator Posts: 1
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

well...

-run 2 secondary classic alliance account with a leveled paladin +a priest or find a paladin priest buffer service, parked in front of the relevant raid
-when the 40man raid needs a free power boost just before a boss, go outside, takes 3s x 40 = 2min to buff a 40m raid, 1min with 2 priests/pala. if you're alone switch to the paladin account while MC is casting; you'll have ~10 min left for the boss
-take the time to appreciate the fact that on top of the alliance buff, you have horde only buffs provided by shamans
-???
-profit

that's pretty much the definition of trivial to me, given enough time this will be very easy to set up, especially with bnet integration
and it's even easier to do if we're dealing with a world boss.

glad to see that the horde is obliterating the alliance in classic before it even started! it will surely be used very often to gear up new characters.
because, who would deny a free power boost like this! and then account for the horde racials, actual burst dps trinket for orcs and trolls! YES!