Feralas
donator Posts: 71
Horde
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey all,

I'm part of Questie's dev team and I'm designing a new website for the addon in preparation for Classic! I wanted to get everyone's feedback on the new landing page.

Some specific things to look at:

-is it legible
-does it provide all the features you would expect
-general design feedback
-font feedback

Things that I simply haven't added/fixed yet:
-correct colors for the download button
-final selection of fonts
-final addon screenshots
-discord icon
-barrens chat icon
-installation/usage guide

Also feedback on Questie itself is welcome. You can also join the Questie Discord here: https://discord.gg/NgcbZxX

EDIT: updated the image to reflect latest version

Nenski Selexin IronBrutzler Bobi pan0phobik
Full bore!
Paladin Retribution
donator Posts: 64
Dwarf
Paladin
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

-is it legible
-font feedback
The font is fine, but the color of the font between the logo and the download button is kind of jarring. Perhaps change it, and maybe increase the font-width size on the bulleted items.

edit: maybe it's the white dropped shadow that makes it hard to look at? Specifically the bulleted items.

-does it provide all the features you would expect
Perhaps offer a link to the github/older versions.

-general design feedback
Looks good. See above notes.

acrmojt teebling

Fairbanks - Alliance
US Ret Pally - Fairbanks - <Team Naked>
Feralas
Horde
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Good feedback.

-The current white download button is just placeholder until I make a metal button texture that matches the logo.

- I may try to sepia tone the thousend needles background image so the bullet point text stands out more. You have a good eye to notice the white drop shadow. I will try a few things here to improve that, I agree it's jarring.

Full bore!
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 281
Human
Paladin
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Damn a Questie dev is here that is fucking great. I love this Addon and that it is already working in the Beta is really great. A "big"(well known) Streamer from Germany was really happy when he saw that your Addon works. His name is Barlow (OnkelBarlow on Twitch).

Really looking forward to see this Addon on Release because leveling will be so much faster and better with this.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Layout is great. Again like you said white button could change. Something with dark reddish tones and cream text would stand out and also match the theme of the rest of the page.

Logo definitely needs a bit of work - illegible and jars with the background. Not enough contrast.

Love the background texture.

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Is there a way to only see available quests? I dont want an addon that tells me what to do and where to go. I want to figure that out myself. The only thing I would like to be improved upon is seeing if I missed a quest. Because its both easy and annoying to miss some.

Feralas
Horde
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Layout is great. Again like you said white button could change. Something with dark reddish tones and cream text would stand out and also match the theme of the rest of the page.

Logo definitely needs a bit of work - illegible and jars with the background. Not enough contrast.

Love the background texture.
Argh your criticism is hard to hear! I like the logo but I do agree that it is difficult to read. I made some changes that reduce the shininess a little bit hopefully making it a little easier on the eyes. If you still think it's bad I may just throw that font out and look for something else. Tbh something about the "eu" letters of that font don't sit well with me... they remind me of a court jester.

That said as a video game logo I think being unique is more important than perfect legibility. I do state the addon's name first thing on the next line after all. That font gives me Ahn Quraj vibes which I like.

Once again ignore the download button in this screenshot

teebling
Full bore!
Feralas
Horde
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
5 years ago
Is there a way to only see available quests? I dont want an addon that tells me what to do and where to go. I want to figure that out myself. The only thing I would like to be improved upon is seeing if I missed a quest. Because its both easy and annoying to miss some.
Everything in Questie is togglable, so you can just turn off the features you don't want :)

Also a big update to Questie's UI is coming soon so be on the lookout for that.

IronBrutzler
Full bore!
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I really like that logo!

It does need to 'pop' a bit more though, maybe try a dark red for some contrast?

Minorou
Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thanks for the reply acrmojt. I will check it out next week.

As for the logo, I would suggest a black font border instead of a white one. That should do just enough contrast.

teebling
Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 38
Horde
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yeah, light background + white borders + white highlights is doing it a disservice.
Besides that I’m not really feeling the font on a personal level, a bit too 1001 nights for WoW in my opinion.
That being said I do like the overal color pallet and layout you’ve gone for.

Ashenvale
US Blaumeux
donator Posts: 27
Alliance
Paladin
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm immediately struck by the resemblance to the Warcraft II main menu. It's not exact, but the vague sense is there.

Was that intentional? If not, perhaps this can serve as some inspiration. The red/gold/beige color scheme works well.

teebling Vyakavish Relik
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Holy shit, do it like Warcraft II main menu, that would be totally awesome!!

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Feralas
Horde
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Minorou wrote:
5 years ago
I'm immediately struck by the resemblance to the Warcraft II main menu. It's not exact, but the vague sense is there.

Was that intentional? If not, perhaps this can serve as some inspiration. The red/gold/beige color scheme works well.
That's a good find, but no it wasn't intentional. I have been using Blizzard's color scheme for menus though so it's no surprise it looks similar.

Those buttons are nice though, I may do something like that.

Full bore!
Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I like it.

It could use some contrast, particularly with the lettering.

But I like it.

Mulgore
EU Golemagg
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

What most of the people already said: it's has a nice look. Nice logo and type. But with a bit more contrast it would be even better.

Good job so far!

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I didn't even know that the ending 'I' is a question mark. I would do something to make that stand out a TINY bit more too.

Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 14
Alliance
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Looking amazing! Glad to see y'all are doing this for Classic.