Snitka
donator Posts:
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

In Vanilla, a hunter could kill his own faction in a duel if the explosive burst damage from Explosive Trap does more than their current hp. Anyone in classic beta tested if that works again?

There was a wolf near Dire Maul that had an inherent 100 resistances to elements, but was eventually nerfed because it was the only tame-able with an advantage. Think he'll be back?

Raptor Strike was off the global cooldown, so you could macro it to things like Wing Clip and both would go off simultaneously. Anyone testing that?

Can you still freeze trap multiple targets with feign and smart CD use?

Can a Night Elf Shadowmeld and cast Aimed Shot while in shadowmeld, having it not break until after the shot goes off again?

Can you still freely kill players from the rooftops of Tanaris?

Can you jump in to the unfinished Hyjal zone again?

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Snitka wrote:
5 years ago
There was a wolf near Dire Maul that had an inherent 100 resistances to elements, but was eventually nerfed because it was the only tame-able with an advantage. Think he'll be back?
Snitka wrote:
5 years ago
Raptor Strike was off the global cooldown, so you could macro it to things like Wing Clip and both would go off simultaneously. Anyone testing that?
Snitka wrote:
5 years ago
Can a Night Elf Shadowmeld and cast Aimed Shot while in shadowmeld, having it not break until after the shot goes off again?
Have added all three of these to my list of things to test in Beta.
Snitka wrote:
5 years ago
Which patch was he removed in? If he was there until 1.12 he'll be there in Classic in most likelihood. If he was removed before 1.12 he probably won't. Got a name or wowhead/classicdb.ch link by any chance?
Snitka wrote:
5 years ago
Can you jump in to the unfinished Hyjal zone again?

You might be able to in the Beta but I doubt so after release. People are still able to get underneath Stormwind at the moment in the beta despite was Blizz said last year about removing all wall-jumping etc. Guess they haven't got round to it yet for this build.

Snitka wrote:
5 years ago
Can you still freeze trap multiple targets with feign and smart CD use?
Could you expand on what you mean by feign and smart CD use? If you can tell me exactly how to replicate what it is you're talking about I'll try and test for you.
Snitka wrote:
5 years ago
Can you still freely kill players from the rooftops of Tanaris?
You mean the rooftops of Gadgetzan? Any in particular? Not sure what you mean here - do you mean can you still wall-jump up to those roofs? If so see my response to the hyjal question about what Blizz say they're going to do about 'exploration exploits'.

donator Posts:
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The resist wolf was https://www.wowhead.com/npc=5356/snarler#drops
I believe it was normalized in 1.9

For freeze trapping, laying a freeze trap out of combat, having it hit anything and feigning to get out of combat to lay another was a simple way to CC 2 targets in pvp or pve, but 3 targets was possible as well. I can't remember exactly how, until I can play Classic. I remember it was more of a novelty though, as the first trapped target would break very soon after the 3rd trap triggered.

And yeah, Gadgetzan. There used to be no way for guards to hit players that were attacking the opposite faction in Gadgetzan, so you could just camp up killing players and LoSing when anyone shot back.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Guest wrote:
5 years ago
And yeah, Gadgetzan. There used to be no way for guards to hit players that were attacking the opposite faction in Gadgetzan, so you could just camp up killing players and LoSing when anyone shot back.
This is referred to as 'safespotting' and I believe this may be against ToS. Someone will have more information on this for you no doubt.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35