Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If you guys haven’t seen it yet, someone made a site that lists popular addons that are either working in the current classic beta build (orange), planned to have a working classic version (blue) and addons where no info is available on their status yet (grey).

This of course doesn’t mean that the above addons will work on the release - we still don’t know much about the addon stance other than what they said at blizzcon last year (they are considering banning addons that are ‘not classic’) whatever that means.

Anyway, still kind of interesting. I am loving having no addons in the beta at the moment and the game loads sooo fast. That said, scrolling through that list - Bagnon, and Bartender are the only ones that I really want to use just for a nice UI.

YAHT is tempting but I don’t know - would I be cheating a bit having a swing timer/autoshot timer? Does it really matter? Wonder what Blizzard’s ‘rules’ will be and how many of these addons will actually make it into the final release.

Any addons from that list tha you guys are opposed to (apart from dungeon io which we already have another topic for) with your reasons? Any you hope will make into live with your reasons?

s1atan Chablo Cielos Escalotes neofrag Dolamite
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 281
Human
Paladin
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

i really hope blizz will not break questie because this is so good. Autoswing timer were also a thing back then.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I like vendor price, bagnon and some bar changing addon. Some addons would be nice like atlas or yaht but not essential. :)

Hunter Beast Mastery
US Stalagg
donator Posts: 87
Orc
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This is an awesome concept. Eager to see the progress of addons. Glad we will get to use some.

Quicks - Orc Hunter - US Sulfuras
Chablo - Undead Mage - US Sulfuras

Mulgore
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 71
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've come across that site yesterday. Interesting to see which addons they will remake / create for Classic.
That's one thing that will be a lot bigger / more developed compared to Vanilla.

In retail I always used a lot of addons because I like the feeling of a clean/minimal UI (OCD much).
But I also HATE addons like GearScore, Raider.IO, .. These addons can seriously affect the gameplay of Classic.

Ungoro Crater
donator Posts: 31
Alliance
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pixstar wrote:
5 years ago
But I also HATE addons like GearScore, Raider.IO, .. These addons can seriously affect the gameplay of Classic.
Amen! I saw that there's also an addon in the works for making LFR possible, which is really something that's totally against the values of classic. :eek:

Cielos Pixstar
Mage Frost
US Kromcrush
donator Posts: 15
Gnome
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I didn’t play vanilla when it was live so I don’t know what kind of addons were there at that time. My take on addons will be I will do some leveling without them to get my feet wet, but then add the addons I will want to use to make my experience better.

Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm surprised to see a LFG type addon and Azeroth Auto Pilot. I thought they stated they weren't going to allow addons like this?

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 54
Undead
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I will go by whatever Blizz rules. If they allow the tools to exist, then I will use them. If they ban the tools, then I won't.

I agree it will break the feeling of classic with modern tools.

Mulgore
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 71
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Slocain wrote:
5 years ago
Pixstar wrote:
5 years ago
Amen! I saw that there's also an addon in the works for making LFR possible, which is really something that's totally against the values of classic. :eek:
I've heard it was pure satire because it was 100% against everything what Classic stands for.

Slocain
Arathi Highlands
donator Posts: 27
Gnome
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

People will hate me for it but I love Questie. I already have a hard time finding stuff for quests on BFA lol.

Alterac Valley
Human
Paladin
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

kip wrote:
5 years ago
People will hate me for it but I love Questie. I already have a hard time finding stuff for quests on BFA lol.
No one will hate you. People used QuestHelper back then or Thottbot.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Eastern Plaguelands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 9
Alliance
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I bet something like oqueue/vqueue will be available soon.

Lucifron PVP / Alliance <avid>
Alterac Valley
Human
Paladin
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

kasta wrote:
5 years ago
I bet something like oqueue/vqueue will be available soon.
could be and not really a bad thing if you can find people for hard or elite quests. I mean it can only work on the same realm ;)

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 165
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Can we collectively agree to burn LF tools to the ground in classic?

Alterac Valley
Human
Paladin
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Escalotes wrote:
5 years ago
Why? For me there is no diffrent if you spam LFG chat or use a tool for it

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Mage Frost
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 61
Gnome
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

IronBrutzler wrote:
5 years ago
Escalotes wrote:
5 years ago
I think the main issue with people here is that you cut away some player interaction. Even though it's pretty standard procedure in the beginning like "LFG 1 tank for bla bla pst" "hey inv" and then you're invited, there's still something to say about the fact that players need to have some sort of interaction between each other before grouping up, which is something a tool would likely remove.

Not saying one is necessarily better than the other, just saying that there are differences for better and for worse. Personally, I like having to communicate with people because I really value the communication and sometimes you can even gauge what kind of group you're getting into just from the LFG message in the chat.

Escalotes teebling Slocain Cielos
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 165
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Bumlebi wrote:
5 years ago
IronBrutzler wrote:
5 years ago
Escalotes wrote:
5 years ago
I think the main issue with people here is that you cut away some player interaction. Even though it's pretty standard procedure in the beginning like "LFG 1 tank for bla bla pst" "hey inv" and then you're invited, there's still something to say about the fact that players need to have some sort of interaction between each other before grouping up, which is something a tool would likely remove.

Not saying one is necessarily better than the other, just saying that there are differences for better and for worse. Personally, I like having to communicate with people because I really value the communication and sometimes you can even gauge what kind of group you're getting into just from the LFG message in the chat.
This. LFG tools eliminate social networks that grow organically over time, and removes the need to have an actual conversation with a person/group.

Rogue Assassination
donator Posts: 114
Horde
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Honestly things like Dungeon.IO and GladiatorlosSA will ruin the experience of Classic.

Any chance we can like change.org this shit or something :lol:

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Raven wrote:
5 years ago
Any chance we can like change.org this shit or something :lol:
:lol:

Rest of the world fighting against crippling inequality and we're here with a 2,000,000 petition to take down an anti-Classic addon kappa :biggrin:

donator Posts: 3
Human
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just need ElvUI.

The Barrens
donator Posts: 47
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just want to see how many that'll play with companion addons that show you the way and what to do with each quest, or how many that'll play with just reading the quest text? It'd be cool if you'd motivate on why as well!

Feralas
donator Posts: 22
Gnome
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

No. My main goal for classic is to complete all available quests (and play as Balance Druid) and QuestHelper-like add-ons only interfere with that.
But most people will use, it's just QoA stuff, so you will see it in-game instead of alt-tabing to WoWHead.

The Barrens
donator Posts: 47
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hyland wrote:
5 years ago
No. My main goal for classic is to complete all available quests (and play as Balance Druid) and QuestHelper-like add-ons only interfere with that.
But most people will use, it's just QoA stuff, so you will see it in-game instead of alt-tabing to WoWHead.
How does those addons interfere with your goal? I would think the opposite if I haven't missed anything.

Feralas
donator Posts: 22
Gnome
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Derek wrote:
5 years ago
How does those addons interfere with your goal? I would think the opposite if I haven't missed anything.
Because it's literally kill the only satisfaction of this goal. You always know what to do and where to go and exploration isn't needed.