Winterspring
donator Posts: 5
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

My main is Arcane Mage since I started this game in WotLK. I wonder how was it in Classic?

donator Posts:
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pure arcane does not exists as a viable spec in classic.

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yeah unfortunately Arcane is just what you compliment a fire or frost build with.

centurion
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

People only really go as far as https://www.wowhead.com/spell=170740/presence-of-mind for the 3 minute mage spec and even then it's pretty terrible, sorry.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It's viable but not optimal.

Mage Frost
US Thalnos
donator Posts: 132
Alliance
Mage
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There are TWO arcane spells: arcane missiles & arcane explosion (if my memory serves me).

jodon

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
donator Posts: 16
Gnome
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Arcane is the best PvE spec trough MC-BWL. You won't be using much Arcane spels though as there is 2 damage dealing arcane spells in vanilla. One is Arcane missiles and it is bad, the other is Arcane Explosion which is a usable AoE spell. There are two arcane talents that specifically increase the damage of your Arcane spels, Arcane focus giving you up to 10% hit on arcane spells and Improved arcane Explosion increasing your crit on Arcane Explosion up to 6%. There are other really good DPS talants in the tree though and there is not much good deep in the frost tree so the best "frost" DPS spec goes 31 points in arcane and 20 in to frost. Keep in mind that there should still be one deep frost spec mage in the raid for this to be really worth it because winters chill is still very good.

FTHforever teebling
Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

As jodon pointed out, 31 arcane is a very good early raid specc that additionally works pretty well in PVP.

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
5 years ago
People only really go as far as https://www.wowhead.com/spell=170740/presence-of-mind for the 3 minute mage spec and even then it's pretty terrible, sorry.
That might be the case, but I cried tears of joy with this spec in battlegrounds!

The look of a pesky rogue's face when that instant hurling meteor speeds towards him = PRICELESS!!

Relik teebling