Loch modan
donator Posts: 26
Alliance
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Forquilla wrote:
5 years ago
Some streamers in the beta are already using addons.
That is indeed true.
But so far its just Beta, at anypoint blizzard can change it.

Golemagg [EU]
donator Posts: 151
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Notfemmesbf wrote:
5 years ago
I'm not sure how the "old riding system" was any different, pls esplane
Not sure myself other than when the game first started out if you even touched water while on your mount, you were automatically dismounted. I hope that is not the case with classic.

Ashenvale
donator Posts: 59
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Zacheous wrote:
4 years ago
Notfemmesbf wrote:
5 years ago
Not sure myself other than when the game first started out if you even touched water while on your mount, you were automatically dismounted. I hope that is not the case with classic.
old riding system could also be referring to how didn't automatically dismount when you tried to use your spells or abilities. You'd have to either manually click to mount buff off or have a addon which dismounted you on ability/spell usage.

Mulgore
donator Posts: 184
Tauren
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Aegust wrote:
4 years ago
Zacheous wrote:
4 years ago
Notfemmesbf wrote:
5 years ago
old riding system could also be referring to how didn't automatically dismount when you tried to use your spells or abilities. You'd have to either manually click to mount buff off or have a addon which dismounted you on ability/spell usage.
This could also be a reminder that you didn't get riding until lvl 40, and faster mounts at lvl 60. The Chauffeur mount still rubs me the wrong way, even though I use it on alts.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Mulgore
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 60
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The cost structure and functionality of Riding and Mounts was changed in patch 1.12. Prior to that patch, Riding was an ability rather than a secondary Profession, and had only one rank. Each faction had its own riding skill (tiger riding, horse riding, mechanostrider piloting, ram riding) and the cost was 100, available at level 40. Exalted reputation was required to learn cross-faction riding skill, but mounts were BoE and purchasable by anyone. This meant that characters who were PvP rank 3 or higher could pass on the 10% discount directly to other characters by buying the mount for them. This is no longer possible because all mounts are now BoP, and the majority of the cost is built into the Riding skill training (which is no longer faction-specific) rather than the cost of the mount. Note: Exalted reputation is required to buy cross-faction mounts.
https://vanilla-wow.fandom.com/wiki/Mou ... rical_note

this is what they mean by the old riding system, it will be race-specific riding skills

i believe it also means it will be cheap training/expensive mounts (opposite of how it is nowadays)

Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Well I'm happy about Addons not being available. I like the difficulty of not being shown on the map exactly the location of everything.
However the armoured tigers look awful compared to the ones without, and one of the reasons I rep farmed Darnassus.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
Well I'm happy about Addons not being available. I like the difficulty of not being shown on the map exactly the location of everything.
However the armoured tigers look awful compared to the ones without, and one of the reasons I rep farmed Darnassus.
Addons should still be available? Or am I mistaken?

EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock