Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 176
Undead
Priest

So, to preface; (I've had a couple glasses of wine.) BUT, in Vanilla WoW, 90% of my most enjoyable memories are corpse camping the Alliance on Mal'Ganis in order to fill our honor quote during our R-11 Grind back in 2005.

Content: This lead me to reminisc, I really enjoyed camping Chillwind Camp and it's surrounding areas. That singular spot is the basis for many a fond PVP memory I have. 2 v X was a common occurance, especially after we triggered the alt's of the primary Alliance guild. (whom we @Cletus engaged on a regular basis out in the world)

Question/Discussion: What was your "Go-To" zone or spot within a zone for the best world PVP that WoW has to offer?

teebling Cletus
<Extreme>
Council Chairman
US-Horde
Blaumeux
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid

Stranglethorn Vietnam did it for me & Tarren Mill

Darnassus
donator Posts: 25
Hunter

Favorite- STV... going to be world war 3! Least favorite has to be Tanaris.. such a far graveyard if I remember

Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 281
Human
Paladin

Tyrs hand was the main Battlefield after SM vs TM was not that active anymore.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 30
Undead

Coming in early before the raid, Blackrock Mountain was a great spot.
Near the Cenarion Hold in Silithus too.

teebling Dolamite
War / Pal / Mage / Druid
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest

BRM was one of the best.
The Bridge from Burning Steps also and, the front door from BRM in Searing Gorge - R13 feelings coming back <3

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid

Blackrock Mountain for sure, what an epic PvP location.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Hadn’t heard of BRM thanks for the hunting suggestions friends! :smile:

Dolamite
Warsong Gulch
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 85
Troll
Rogue

@Zurgan @aeh @Selexin

Out of curiosity, what do you think made PvP at BRM so great? I never really got to spend any time at 60 in Vanilla so my wPvP experience ended in STV for the most part. I'd love to hear about what pvp at BRM was like.

Arathi Highlands
donator Posts: 27
Gnome
Mage

For me it's STV even at max level. The zone is great and the World PvP isn't too shabby here either.

Dolamite
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest

MeatLumps wrote:
5 years ago
@Zurgan @aeh @Selexin

Out of curiosity, what do you think made PvP at BRM so great? I never really got to spend any time at 60 in Vanilla so my wPvP experience ended in STV for the most part. I'd love to hear about what pvp at BRM was like.
The area was super nice. You had some spots to hide, you could jump down to people and ye. Also you could mess up vs. bigger groups. For example a r13 priest + r14 warrior could easily crush 5-10man groups out of nothing.
Also as a priest, MC people to lava? What a wonderful feeling <3

MeatLumps Roffellos Zurgan
Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue

I never got to experience classic W-PVP :cry: and can't wait. I did run with the Anduin's Knights / Cryptids League for a while in retail when I still played. It was a laggy mess but usually pretty fun.

Rogue Combat
US Westfall
donator Posts: 211
Orc
Rogue

I was partial to BRM and Tarren Mill. However, some friends and I rolled rogues with the sole intent to triple gank flagged people in the Ironforge Bank & AH. We had shit gear and died soooooo much, but caused a lot of frustration in the process. Good times :)

Thunder Bluff
US Herod
donator Posts: 5
Horde
Warrior

Oh man, Southshore for shore! My server had a ton of organized assaults on Southshore, Alliance would swarm in and it would turn into a giant multi-hour brawl every time... the memories! :lol:

Warsong Gulch
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 85
Troll
Rogue

I can't wait to get back into Classic. For the STV/Tarren Mill fights that I remember, but also for all of the new places that you all are talking about. The things I never got to see before. I just can't wait to experience it.

Priest Discipline
donator Posts: 7
Horde
Priest

Ah, what a great nostalgia.

MCing people off hills near AV entrance, MCing people into lava in BRM, camping WPL fly path and endless STV brawls <3

Rogue Combat
US Westfall
Orc
Rogue

Roffellos wrote:
5 years ago
Ah, what a great nostalgia.

MCing people off hills near AV entrance, MCing people into lava in BRM, camping WPL fly path and endless STV brawls <3
I remember one time a dude MC'd me into the lava and I clipped through the lava and fell into oblivion. The funny thing is that somehow he did too! I could see him falling above me.

Roffellos
Wetlands
donator Posts: 11
Troll
Hunter

The flatness of desolace is supreme, I could smell a n00b from a mile away

Roffellos
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 27
Human
Rogue

STV is probably the place with the highest wpvp potential, but I absolutely loved blackrock mountains and the tyr's hand area in western plaguelands

Rogue Combat
US Westfall
Orc
Rogue

bignastylarry wrote:
5 years ago
The flatness of desolace is supreme, I could smell a n00b from a mile away
and see them with your VD turned up ;)

US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 165
Orc
Warrior

Zurgan wrote:
5 years ago
Coming in early before the raid, Blackrock Mountain was a great spot.
Near the Cenarion Hold in Silithus too.
My best friend (warrior) and I (paladin) used to camp out in Blackrock Mountain in the central suspended area, using a combination of fear and LOS to take out groups larger than ourselves on a regular basis. I miss that mountain.

Zurgan
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 196
Undead
Mage

Chillwind camp and Gadgetzan. EPL was pretty good too.

Dolamite
Our time will come.
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 30
Undead

MeatLumps wrote:
5 years ago
@Zurgan @aeh @Selexin

The fact that it holds two raids and two dungeons, it attracted a lot of people. Especially a lot of PvE players that were...well...very tasty to frag.

As said before, the structure of the place made it so that you were able to play with the LoS and dismantle larger groups with a couple of friends.

Priests had a really good time, throwing in the lava people they mind controlled.

After several raid nights that were either delayed or ruined, guilds tended to reunite at flight points and burst into BRM in full force. Put on some Ride of the Valkyries and it was quite epic.
Of course, some clash could happened between guilds and at this point everything became confused. Some players continued to rush to the raid, others fought. The unlucky ones died quickly. And in the end, raid night was canceled lol
It only happened a few times, since every one wanted to raid and not waste a night.
I remember seeing this place full of skeletons at times.

MeatLumps teebling
War / Pal / Mage / Druid
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid

MeatLumps wrote:
5 years ago
@Zurgan @aeh @Selexin

Like others have stated, I think its the layout, the variety in 3D space etc. You have hallways with pillars and doors to hide behind, you have giant chains and balconies to exploit for ranged classes, and you have the lava at the bottom. You also have exit strategies by heading into UBRS or down toward BRD. Out the front you have this large open hill approach, which also holds its fair share of PvP.

Then there is also the regular PvP that occurs at Thorium Point, which can be a real shitshow sometimes! I tend to fly to Kargath as Horde and run in from that direction, which also sometimes helps you jump alliance coming from Thorium Point.

You'll love it!

MeatLumps teebling res
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Rogue Subtlety
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 40
Troll
Priest

BRM is the PvP spot, more specifically, the entrance to LBRS/UBRS/BWL.
Zoning out of UBRS, your finger on your crowd control key, because anything from 1-40 alliance to 1-40 horde could be waiting outside.

teebling