Ashenvale
donator Posts: 2
Night Elf

Hello!

I have a question regarding leveling speed and how different the path of grinding is compared to both questing and leveling.

I'm not completely mad only thinking of grinding myself to 60, but rather curious on some numbers here. I thought I would be doing some grinding to get my mount on the way etc.

This is especially relevant to the release days of Classic, where I assume alot of quests will get tiresome while waiting for mobs to spawn etc.

Brunt85
donator Posts:

At certain level ranges it's actually better to prioritize grinding over quests. Unless your trying to speed run you'll be looking at 6+ days played till hitting level 60 regardless. Id just sit back and enjoy the ride. Do whatever your in the mood for at the time

Ashenvale
Night Elf

I'd like to add that I'm playing a druid. And I guess thats a deciding factor on how well I can grind alot to 60.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Hey beyonce212, you should check out the section on grinding of our speed running tips. It compares questing and grinding and has some good resources that will let you make up your mind about whether to quest or grind in different situations.

Ashenvale
Night Elf

Thank you, I love this guide!

I wonder if there are certain mobs I should look for when I grind. Like beast families, humanoids etc.

Who's got the least amount of armor +stamina?

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Beyonce212 wrote:
5 years ago
I wonder if there are certain mobs I should look for when I grind. Like beast families, humanoids etc.

Who's got the least amount of armor +stamina?
Like it says in that guide use classicdb.ch and compare types of mobs with each other until you get a feeling about which ones generally tend to have less armor/health. I wonder if this is a thing - like if harpies on the whole, throughout the game, will have less health/armor than other 'types' of mobs or something. @Jpy?

Ashenvale
Night Elf

I will certainly do! I'll come back with an answer if I find one. Thinking of making map over beasts that are easy to kill all over Azeroth, so I can follow a route while leveling. As well as skinning them for some extra gold

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde

@teebling it differs from mob to mob and the values listed on classic.db are not 100% accurate.

donator Posts: 47
Human
Paladin

@teebling @Beyonce212 Dragon whelps and Owlkins are two kind of mobs that have very low armor and hp and are excellent to grind on. Problem is that they only exist in certain level ranges and you cant grind them forever. Caster mobs in general also have lesser armor and HP but if you dont have a reliable interrupt or stun they will do more damage to you.

My Paladin youtube channel containing leveling, gearing and general classic information:
JUDGEMENT