Blasted Lands
donator Posts: 32
Horde
Druid

Hey Community,

just a quick one: is there a benifit as a druid-healer to learn first aid and level it?

LG
Sequoioideae

Stormwind
donator Posts: 53
Alliance
Paladin

Let's say you're out of mana.

Sequoioideae C4N Goetia Selexin
Thunder Bluff
donator Posts: 1
Orc
Druid

Rootdancer wrote:
5 years ago
Let's say you're out of mana.
/thread

Selexin
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest

Every class and spec does benefit from First aid at some point.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
donator Posts: 5
Troll
Shaman

If you are leveling a healer class, you need your mana to do damage so you can be more efficient. Yes, you can heal yourself, but you would progress better while leveling in the world if you could just bandage yourself while your mana regenerates between pulls. First Aid is amazing for everyone while leveling.

At end-game while healing in groups you will not use it so much, since it's better to heal people with your spells. But in fights that have small breaks and you are out of mana, it's great to have it. You run out of mana, you cast first aid on yourself or a team mate that isn't taking damage at the moment, that allows you to go in the 5 sec rule, regen a bit, and continue casting. It's not going to absolutely change your life but it is far from useless.

US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 165
Orc
Warrior

My first ever raid was as a level 56 paladin as my guild did Azuregos. I was outside of the raid group and was click-targetting whoever was tanking at a given time. Being my first raid, I had https://classicdb.ch/?item=19126 equipped (Plate, right?), and quickly ran out of mana, so I started bandage healing the tank every time his recently bandaged cooldown went off.

Long story short, we beat Azuregos, and I was awarded DKP for the raid.

Get first aid.

Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior

Getting all of your secondary professions up to level 300 will add half an inch to your e-peen. Or at least it's a goal that you can set for yourself, for fun, because that's what this game was about before achievements came along. Other such goals can include learning every cooking recipe in the game and grinding every reputation to exalted.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin

Being able to use bandages directly affects your leveling efficiency. Waiting for regen takes time, and using bandages in between pulls will save you mana.

Arathi Highlands
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 41
Undead
Mage

Tossing my vote in as a 'yes, definitely level first aid'

Mulgore
donator Posts: 184
Tauren

Black Monarch wrote:
5 years ago
Getting all of your secondary professions up to level 300 will add half an inch to your e-peen. Or at least it's a goal that you can set for yourself, for fun, because that's what this game was about before achievements came along. Other such goals can include learning every cooking recipe in the game and grinding every reputation to exalted.
I punched my way to 300 unarmed like all good Tuaren warriors should.

s1atan
I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Mulgore
donator Posts: 96
Tauren
Druid

Was nice on a healing pally because you could bubble bandage in raid fights and pvp too.
Generally though yeah, skill it while leveling to save mana and then you'll have it at max level in case you'll ever need it.

Making a EU Horde day-raiding guild in Classic! PM if interested or have a look at our forum http://mbh.epizy.com or discord https://discord.gg/7AKguup :)
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 281
Human
Paladin

Everyone should have First Aid. You get the mats just by killing humanoids and there will always situations were you need it

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo