donator Posts: 1
Horde
Warrior

From what I've read, the sitting for enrage procs didn't work in the Blizzcon demo. I know a lot of people are leveling fury for that reason alone, but without it would arms become the faster leveling spec instead?

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest

I'm not sure if faster but Arms is generally better for levelling as it gives you bigger advantage in pvp. Having the bonus in pvp might save you lot of time imo in terms of less amount of corpse runs.

Byronyk
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman

Honestly, I don't think either spec matters tremendously, just as long as you use a 2her. Dual wield fury is super weak while leveling because of the hit penalty for dual wielding, and that you won't have the gear to offset the penalty. Additionally, 2h play just has a higher floor of power than DW, while DW has a higher ceiling. The latter is irrelevant to leveling.

I'll leave it to people who know warriors better to argue which talent tree to use, but I'm pretty sure the wisdom everyone knows is that you 100% are specced Arms at level 40 for Mortal Strike. If you think the fury talents before then are worth it and don't mind paying to respec, go fury 2h at first then respec. If not, just go Arms the entire way.

Last second edit: also, the best weapons for you will be 2hers, there will be cool 1h items like Thrash Blade, but you get the https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6975/whirlwind-axe from the level 30 Warrior quest and that item is a monster. It's amazing and takes you a long while to replace it. Level 40, that axe, and Mortal Strike is where warrior finally stops being the weakest class.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Ironforge
donator Posts: 14
Alliance
Warrior

You are correct, https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6975/whirlwind-axe is a must have at level 30 and pretty much BiS until you can get https://classic.wowhead.com/item=2291/k ... ecapitator or a couple other blues. Also, slow or fast swing speed reallllly isnt that important during leveling. Yes, you will see higher numbers for slow weapons, but DPS is DPS.

Fury: You are correct with fury needing hit, but to be honest hit really comes into play when raiding and fighting bosses. Most of the mobs you are fighting while leveling will be +/-3 levels of you. Which in this case you dont really need +hit to hit them with your yellows and most of your white attacks. BUT, fury is not really as fun until you can get flurry.

I have a feeling that the /sit will work in Classic and it might have just not been fine tuned for the Demo since it was on the new engine. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin

There is actually a point when leveling you can get away with DW and thats the early level 20's but after that you want to commit to 2 hander for majority of leveling. You can level either Fury or Arms but Arms is recommended over fury simply due to PvP and multi mob combat.

Sweeping Strikes and Hamstring kiting will be your most effective way of progressing through quest/grind content. Arms will also generally do more damage in dungeons with sweeping strikes as all dungeons are packed with multi-mob groups.

When I leveled my warrior on Northdale I pretty much stayed arms from 25-60 including End-game dungeons until I got my pre-bis DW weps and 8% hit before I made the transition into a proper fury spec.

teebling
Warlock Destruction
donator Posts: 6
Undead
Warlock

Monkeynews recommends leveling as Arms, esp. if you are on a PvP server. Winning PvP engagements can be as important as raw PvE DPS as making someone miserable will free you up for grinding in an area.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing I went over the deep dive with monkey news video and copied the talents/reasoning behind them if you're interested, hover over the cells for the info.

teebling Morph
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman

Sensator wrote:
5 years ago
Monkeynews recommends leveling as Arms, esp. if you are on a PvP server. Winning PvP engagements can be as important as raw PvE DPS as making someone miserable will free you up for grinding in an area.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing I went over the deep dive with monkey news video and copied the talents/reasoning behind them if you're interested, hover over the cells for the info.
True on this, but my point above was that Arms and Fury 2h do the same dps for most of leveling anyway. It's virtually negligible until 40, and until 40, it's virtually the same spec and abilities. And DW Fury is just weak.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin

Yes they're virtually the same dps but I still recommend arms from the start. You can ride the same spec to 60 and respecing will cost 1g if you need to change it. After 40 unlocking sweeping strikes is a huge increase to dps. And if you do end up on a pvp server your talents will be better suited for PvP. Having TM 5/5 for Stance dancing, deepwounds/impale and imp overpowered will be a huge one up during PvP (let alone pve)

Rogue Combat
US Westfall
donator Posts: 211
Orc
Rogue

Either Arms or Fury, but 2h is a must as stated above. I prefer arms and could care less about /sit procs. /shrug