Priest Holy
donator Posts: 27
Alliance
Hunter

Hello everyone.
I am compiling some data from 3 different private servers, on material prices as close to private server launch as I could get. Feel free to use this data when posting your auctions after Classic releases.
These are average prices of SOLD auctions within the earliest month I could pull data from.
I myself was most concerned with ores and gems, so I did that first, but if there is interest out there, I will continue for all Classic materials and BOE gear. Please let me know.

Obviously this is just an estimated price point, based on private servers. The actual prices on Classic may differ, especially since not all content is available at release like private servers. Also on some of these, there was a huge variance among the servers, so I averaged the best I could. Also, I recommend posting your first auctions with higher prices and gradually go lower, especially on high value items.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

3/27 - Added about half of the Herbs

teebling centurion Pixstar Syturio Frost Shock Wrekk Cel
Level 0 MC 0/10 BWL 0/8 ZG 0/10 AQ 0/6 0/9 Naxx 0/15
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Xazrael wrote:
5 years ago
Hello everyone.
I am compiling some data from 3 different private servers, on material prices as close to private server launch as I could get. Feel free to use this data when posting your auctions after Classic releases.
These are average prices of SOLD auctions within the earliest month I could pull data from.
I myself was most concerned with ores and gems, so I did that first, but if there is interest out there, I will continue for all Classic materials and BOE gear. Please let me know.

Obviously this is just an estimated price point, based on private servers. The actual prices on Classic may differ, especially since not all content is available at release like private servers. Also on some of these, there was a huge variance among the servers, so I averaged the best I could. Also, I recommend posting your first auctions with higher prices and gradually go lower, especially on high value items.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Great resource man! I'd love to see this extended further to all items - kind of like The Undermine Journal.

It would be nice to give people an idea of how much stuff is likely to cost - put things in perspective especially for those playing BfA where gold is inflated to fuck.

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue

Very interesting. It's nice to have at least some basepoint to what we'll be looking at in Classic. Although with a fresh economy, a larger amount of players, and potential botting / gold selling it'll be interesting to see where values settle.

Deadwind Pass
donator Posts: 101
Alliance
Warlock

centurion wrote:
5 years ago
Very interesting. It's nice to have at least some basepoint to what we'll be looking at in Classic. Although with a fresh economy, a larger amount of players, and potential botting / gold selling it'll be interesting to see where values settle.
It will be a smaller amount of players and there will be less resources if they are going to make server pop authentic. Private servers have around 5 - 10 K online at once and dynamic node spawns making it easier to get mats.

Classic will have 4 - 6 K online at once and have unmodified spawn timers. This will result in less resources for sale.

Vikernes - Human Warlock - Arugal
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue

Toastea wrote:
5 years ago
It will be a smaller amount of players and there will be less resources if they are going to make server pop authentic. Private servers have around 5 - 10 K online at once and dynamic node spawns making it easier to get mats.
Classic will have 4 - 6 K online at once and have unmodified spawn timers. This will result in less resources for sale.
Very true, I just wonder if they'll change it around or keep it authentic. After all, we already know they'll mess with sharding a little. Who knows what they'll do to prevent early frustrations regarding gathering resources. Hoping they keep it as original as possible.

Deadwind Pass
Alliance
Warlock

centurion wrote:
5 years ago
Toastea wrote:
5 years ago
Very true, I just wonder if they'll change it around or keep it authentic. After all, we already know they'll mess with sharding a little. Who knows what they'll do to prevent early frustrations regarding gathering resources. Hoping they keep it as original as possible.
Well the easiest solution for this would be to keep population caps the same. Farming mats and the launch day starting zones are two totally different kettles of fish.

Farming mats in a populated zone will just require you to go to another zone and farm something else instead of fighting 10s of people at most. This is not an issue

The reason for sharding on launch day is because there will be literally thousands of people logging in for the first time trying to do those quests. Lets say they keep the pop caps the same. That would mean there would be 2.5 k for alliance and 2.5 for horde. Traditionally half of the alliance per server rolls Human, or close to it. That would mean there would be 1.25 K people in the human starting zone all at the same time trying to first get the quests, and then trying to tag mobs. When this was the case in retail the servers just kept dying and when you finally did manage to log in your screen was filled with people while you battled with literally over a thousand people to kill 10 wolves. It took days just to get to level 10 and was a nightmare to keep the servers up.

While I very, very much hate sharding, having them for the first couple of weeks in the starting zone is justifiable. People are literally taking time off work just to level and you will spend a week of your vacation time trying to log into a server and then trying to get to level 10 with no sharding in the starting zones. Even if every single person group up into groups of 5, which would be a pain in the ass to do even that, that is still 250 groups of people trying to kill 10 wolves for gimped EXP

Orgrimmar
donator Posts: 25
Horde
Warrior

This is actually really interesting! Thanks for the contribution! I'm rather curious what an optimal price-point per item would be as classic goes further into it's pipeline, hypothetically lets say the average player at lvl 20 for example has 5g 22s 33c, He/She is probably not willing to part with more than 30% at once with his massive hoard of gold, taking this into account. I wonder what the value of base items will be at the start due to the fact that there will be massive demand and very little gold in circulation.

Deadwind Pass
Alliance
Warlock

SentientGypsy wrote:
5 years ago
This is actually really interesting! Thanks for the contribution! I'm rather curious what an optimal price-point per item would be as classic goes further into it's pipeline, hypothetically lets say the average player at lvl 20 for example has 5g 22s 33c, He/She is probably not willing to part with more than 30% at once with his massive hoard of gold, taking this into account. I wonder what the value of base items will be at the start due to the fact that there will be massive demand and very little gold in circulation.
The idea at the start is to horde all your matts and auction them off when you start seeing 60's. Depending on the matts of course. Ore tends to sell faster to gear tanks for MC and the longer you hold herbs the better. Try to be as patient as you can. If you are a herber I would go as far as to say horde everything (unless you want to level alch) for about a month and a half, hell maybe even two and give the market time to grow and then make some huge bank.

You answered the question yourself. With very little gold in circulation only the most hard of hard core will be pushing for materials for raiding in the first month, and while they will pay everything they have to have it, there wont be many of them and they will have guildies themselves farming as much as they can also

Priest Holy
Alliance
Hunter

Toastea wrote:
5 years ago
SentientGypsy wrote:
5 years ago
The idea at the start is to horde all your matts and auction them off when you start seeing 60's. Depending on the matts of course. Ore tends to sell faster to gear tanks for MC and the longer you hold herbs the better. Try to be as patient as you can. If you are a herber I would go as far as to say horde everything (unless you want to level alch) for about a month and a half, hell maybe even two and give the market time to grow and then make some huge bank.

You answered the question yourself. With very little gold in circulation only the most hard of hard core will be pushing for materials for raiding in the first month, and while they will pay everything they have to have it, there wont be many of them and they will have guildies themselves farming as much as they can also
I agree with most of this, however I will be posting any high level mats nearly right away. There are going to be players looking to max their professions asap, to craft for MC, and these players will most likely be the ones with the most gold to spend. (guild wide)

Sounds like there is plenty of interest. I am going to continue making this spreadsheet. I nearly have Herbs done. I'll do cloth and leather next, and then start working on BOEs a bit. I will be skipping greens. I will only do BOE blues and purples.

Orgrimmar
donator Posts: 25
Horde
Warrior

Toastea wrote:
5 years ago
SentientGypsy wrote:
5 years ago

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, The resources will hold more value when people actually start to work on their professions and chances are that there won't be enough in the AH to satisfy every guild that needs train their professions to raid.

Priest Holy
donator Posts: 106
Alliance
Priest

Great resource. Thank you for compiling this. How reliable it'll be will depend heavily on how similar the Classic servers are to the more Blizzlike private server offering.

Player count and sharding will make a huge difference on launch prices I suspect.

Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]

Priest Holy
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 29
Troll
Priest

This is great, thank you! Your price estimates seem to align with what I saw at some pservers in the past few years.

Thanks for taking the effort to make this.

Saltybob <Senile Chieftains> - Shazzrah PvP (EU)
Priest Holy
Alliance
Hunter

Thank you everyone.
I have added Herbs, and got Leather and Hide in. Working on Scales.

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde

Toastea wrote:
5 years ago
centurion wrote:
5 years ago
Toastea wrote:
5 years ago
Well the easiest solution for this would be to keep population caps the same. Farming mats and the launch day starting zones are two totally different kettles of fish.

Farming mats in a populated zone will just require you to go to another zone and farm something else instead of fighting 10s of people at most. This is not an issue

The reason for sharding on launch day is because there will be literally thousands of people logging in for the first time trying to do those quests. Lets say they keep the pop caps the same. That would mean there would be 2.5 k for alliance and 2.5 for horde. Traditionally half of the alliance per server rolls Human, or close to it. That would mean there would be 1.25 K people in the human starting zone all at the same time trying to first get the quests, and then trying to tag mobs. When this was the case in retail the servers just kept dying and when you finally did manage to log in your screen was filled with people while you battled with literally over a thousand people to kill 10 wolves. It took days just to get to level 10 and was a nightmare to keep the servers up.

While I very, very much hate sharding, having them for the first couple of weeks in the starting zone is justifiable. People are literally taking time off work just to level and you will spend a week of your vacation time trying to log into a server and then trying to get to level 10 with no sharding in the starting zones. Even if every single person group up into groups of 5, which would be a pain in the ass to do even that, that is still 250 groups of people trying to kill 10 wolves for gimped EXP
I was under the impression vanilla server caps started at 2500 and they changed them to up to 3500 at some point for some servers? In other words, there shouldn’t be any 5k pop servers for an authentic launch.

Toastea
Deadwind Pass
Alliance
Warlock

Jpy wrote:
5 years ago
Toastea wrote:
5 years ago
centurion wrote:
5 years ago
Toastea wrote:
5 years ago

I was under the impression vanilla server caps started at 2500 and they changed them to up to 3500 at some point for some servers? In other words, there shouldn’t be any 5k pop servers for an authentic launch.
You are probably right. I assumed 2.5 Kserver pop meant on each faction, not the entire server. But yeah you are probably right. Even if you cut that number in half its still a dick load of people trying to tag 10 wolves

Shaman Restoration
donator Posts: 24
Horde
Shaman

Nice work! I'll wonder how the economy will work on the "low pop" servers in Classic, especially regarding the drop rates and herb spawns.