Orgrimmar
donator Posts: 25
Horde
Warrior

I know it would be generally quite a bit slower as you would have to gather materials yourself, In the first few levels there are several pieces of green gear that are honestly pretty good for that particular level range especially if you haven't found any greens that suit that slot.

I was just curious what the general consensus was, There is a threshold where for maybe 20 levels dungeon gear/quest gear will be better but I think if that threshold was looked that and optimized, you could put your self way ahead of other mail users. There is the problem with finding copper ore enough to make it efficient enough, especially in a fresh server environment. What do you guys think?

donator Posts: 59
Alliance

I don’t see any reason not to level a crafting professions while you level so that you might actually benefit from the profession more than the stuff at the end. Much more RP, much more immersive if you ask me. It will not benefit your speed to 60 nor your epic mount money but do you care, is the question?

Faendor
Ironforge
donator Posts: 28
Alliance
Warrior

Well, do you want to just rush to 60 for the endgame or take it slow and enjoy the leveing content?

Quaria Faendor
|Gutbuster| - Dwarf warrior - Dwarven defender
Server: Zandalar tribe
Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

Leaving the "it's all about the journey" argument aside - no, it's definitely not, especially not on server launch. Being an above-average fast leveler and having a good time in WoW are not mutually exclusive. As for why it's important to try and stay at a reasonable pace with the rest of the server, that's a different topic of discussion and but it's really up to you.

Producing "useful" gear as you level up is only going to be marginally better for you. Quest gear with a bit of dungeon quest gear in between is more than enough to carry you while leveling. Putting yourself ahead of others prior to level 50-60 is only worth the effort if you're a twink, more so in a fresh server environment. I don't know about BS blues but if they're anything like the Tailoring one, forget it - the amount of effort that goes into acquiring the mats for those is just sad. I think of it as spending thousands of dollars optimizing your bike for speed when you're driving on the high-way - at that point you might just want to buy a car.

You also have to consider that gathering ore will be a lot easier once you have a mount (which shouldn't be too hard to get at level 40+). Yeah, it doesn't feel the same as gathering it while you're leveling, but at the same time being a higher level in a low level zone can have certain advantages if you know what I mean :lol: Alternatively, you can be a good guy and help some low levels out, maybe do some recruitment for your guild.

The only thing that's going to suck really is not being able to gather the rare ore you'll find at higher levels if you pass by it, but I'm sure you can live with it.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

SentientGypsy wrote:
5 years ago
I know it would be generally quite a bit slower as you would have to gather materials yourself, In the first few levels there are several pieces of green gear that are honestly pretty good for that particular level range especially if you haven't found any greens that suit that slot.

I was just curious what the general consensus was, There is a threshold where for maybe 20 levels dungeon gear/quest gear will be better but I think if that threshold was looked that and optimized, you could put your self way ahead of other mail users. There is the problem with finding copper ore enough to make it efficient enough, especially in a fresh server environment. What do you guys think?
IMO you’ll struggle to craft quickly enough to take advantage of any small gear stat increases, even at a slow pace. If it’s levelling efficiency you’re after, you might want to have a look at the vanilla speedrunning thread. If anything is going to put you above other mail users it’s going to be a few levels difference :smile:

Orgrimmar
donator Posts: 25
Horde
Warrior

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
SentientGypsy wrote:
5 years ago

IMO you’ll struggle to craft quickly enough to take advantage of any small gear stat increases, even at a slow pace. If it’s levelling efficiency you’re after, you might want to have a look at the vanilla speedrunning thread. If anything is going to put you above other mail users it’s going to be a few levels difference :smile:
Thats a good idea! I'll go check those out.