Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 64
Troll
Priest

Blizzard Entertainment
At BlizzCon 2018, we talked about how we plan to keep loot trading in World of Warcraft Classic. We added loot trading in Wrath of the Lich King to solve a common problem: a player could accidentally loot an item meant for another player or give it to the wrong person using Master Loot. They would then have to contact Blizzard to get the item moved to the intended recipient, which might take days. We wanted to keep loot trading in WoW Classic because the end result is the same – the correct person gets the item – and it’ll save everyone time.

But we heard your concerns about the potential for abuse of the loot trading system in parties of five. It’s possible that abusive play could take the form of a group of four players colluding to deny loot to a stranger who joined their party as a pick-up. Raid groups, being much larger, come with more understanding on the part of solo players that loot distribution can depend on the whims of the many players and raid leaders who know each other.

Taking that into consideration, we’ve decided that the two-hour loot trading system in WoW Classic will only apply to soulbound gear that drops in raids. Soulbound loot that drops in five-person content will not be tradeable at any time. What we hope to do is to strike a balance between saving players time and minimizing the potential for abuse of the system. We think this approach better addresses the concerns we’ve heard from players on the subject.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... sic/131586

s1atan rijndael Quaria teebling Mr_Rosh saltyshanker Araghast
"Ya got my attention."

Priest Holy
donator Posts: 7
Horde
Priest

Definitely a good compromise, will help with PUG dungeon loot abuse and can help protect misclicks from master loot.

s1atan
Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde

Great decision by blizzard. I like it!

Priest Holy
donator Posts: 106
Alliance
Priest

Fantastic news. Raids are far less likely to be run as a PUG anyway, whereas for dungeons it's rather common.

I think this is the best compromise we were likely to get. Good stuff.

teebling Gensei Araghast
Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]

Rogue Combat
US Westfall
donator Posts: 211
Orc
Rogue

Sweet! These are the kind of changes I DON'T mind! #smartchanges

Priest Holy
donator Posts: 27
Alliance
Hunter

Love that Blizzard is listening to us for Classic, unlike they do for Live!

This is definitely the best way to do it.

Level 0 MC 0/10 BWL 0/8 ZG 0/10 AQ 0/6 0/9 Naxx 0/15
Level 0 MC 0/10 BWL 0/8 ZG 0/10 AQ 0/6 0/9 Naxx 0/15
Elwynn Forest
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 35
Horde
Rogue

That makes perfect sense

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin

Wow, the updates just keep coming and this is a phenomenal compromise.

donator Posts: 42
Alliance
Warlock

This pleases Scheyp

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Wasn't a big deal to begin with but this is a great compromise that completely reassures those who were worried about 5 man group-ninja stuff. It's good that they've kept it for raids where player-controlled looting systems can lead to more mis-clicks and accidents. I hope everyone is happy with this!

Druid Feral
donator Posts: 16
Alliance
Druid

Good compromise on their part. Well done Blizzard!

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest

Glad to hear this. Now they could address the right-click report as well ^^

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 83
Human
Paladin

I'm absolutely loving the communication over the past few weeks they're having with us! These weekly updates are addressing many questions we've had, and it's really been relieving to hear leading up to release.

That said, I think the change is good. I didn't mind it on 5-man groups, but I also did not think of the potential abuse they mentioned as part of their reasoning to remove it there. All in all it seems great. This will really help their support not get swamped, and also help raids continue progressing when loot mistakes happen.

Edit:
Upon reflection: wouldn't this abuse still be possible in PuG raids? Having your friends roll for you? Or does this only apply to Master Looter?

donator Posts: 33
Alliance
Paladin

I'm glad they went this route. Also glad that URBS and the like are classified as dungeons and won't be eligible.

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest

Light wrote:
5 years ago
I'm glad they went this route. Also glad that URBS and the like are classified as dungeons and won't be eligible.
Where did you get that UBRS is not classified as raid?
And they said that 5 mans won't have the loot trading.

Ashenvale
donator Posts: 7
Night Elf
Hunter

Faendor wrote:
5 years ago
 Blizzard Entertainment
The answer to the UBRS question is: loot trading will be available in content that has a raid lock. UBRS will not have a raid lock.

A big part of loot trading (in a 2-hour window) as a solution to a concern is that raid locks require you to wait a week (or 3 days) before you can try again for the loot that was accidentally given to the wrong person.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... 131586/111

Faendor
donator Posts: 33
Alliance
Paladin

Karmond wrote:
5 years ago
Faendor wrote:
5 years ago
 Blizzard Entertainment
The answer to the UBRS question is: loot trading will be available in content that has a raid lock. UBRS will not have a raid lock.

A big part of loot trading (in a 2-hour window) as a solution to a concern is that raid locks require you to wait a week (or 3 days) before you can try again for the loot that was accidentally given to the wrong person.
^

Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde

This is nice, I’ve never seen Blizzard so responsive like this honestly.
Getting my hopes up to be crushedTM

Tanaris
donator Posts: 58
Tauren
Shaman

Really good change. Great to see they are looking at the feedback and act accordingly. Would have hated loot trading the way it is in current wow in dungeons :s

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest

Light wrote:
5 years ago
Karmond wrote:
5 years ago
Faendor wrote:
5 years ago
 Blizzard Entertainment

^
Oh I've overlooked that one, nice.

Paladin Holy
donator Posts: 21
Alliance

Two Classic news updates almost back to back (in Blizzard time) and an announcement of a sequel to VtM: Bloodlines. This week is ending right!

teebling
Ironforge
donator Posts: 28
Alliance
Warrior

Karmond wrote:
5 years ago
Faendor wrote:
5 years ago
 Blizzard Entertainment

Best possible compromise IMO

|Gutbuster| - Dwarf warrior - Dwarven defender
Server: Zandalar tribe