EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde

Ok, I know that WoW isn't really a game that you can ever truly complete.

That being said, this guy/girl came pretty damn close in my eyes.

For those wondering, this was Emilyspear on Sylvanas EU in the guild Method (the same Method that is still killing the world first race today).

I remember playing on Sylvanas at the time and I can't recall ever seeing this person offline, absolutely insane played time for Vanilla.

If I'm not mistaken this screenshot will have been taken around the TBC pre-patch.

Bonus screenshot of the bank!

Cletus Quillboar Tardok
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Holy FUCK. Very cool screenshots.

Bet Emilyspear was pissed when they announced BC! :lol:

Relik Chablo
Elwynn Forest
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 35
Horde
Rogue

Blink on '-' thats some PvE scrub out there!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
EU Dreadmist
Horde

edoslawsky wrote:
5 years ago
Blink on '-' thats some PvE scrub out there!
That this guy cleared Naxx and got Atiesh with next to no keybinds really makes me wonder how long the raid content will last this time around. :lol:

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 60
Horde
Warrior

I always joked that I beat wow in actual vanilla. I had over 1 year of /played time on my warrior back then so more "insane played time" than Emily, but I'm definitely jealous of them finishing Naxx. I think finishing vanilla wow is being satisfied completely with your experience and by that standard I definitely completed it.

I had Thunderfury; I had pretty much every item I ever wanted in the game, and I led a guild that I loved logging into to play with each day.

I never got to clear Naxx, but pretty much no one on my server even stepped foot in there. That unfinished business is one of the fundamental reasons why I'm so passionate about classic, but beyond that I just truly love leading and building vanilla wow guilds.

I can't wait to do it all over again, but this time with benefit of the knowledge and wisdom gained from 15 years of IRL and in-game experience. Maybe this time I'll complete it after I gear out all my awesome guildies in naxx gear ;)

Guildlead: Epoch of Thought | Vanilla Thunderfury Warrior | Maintank/Father/Husband/Disabled Vet
Twitter:The_Lne Twitch: The_Lne Bnet: Lne#1326
Guild site: https://www.epochofthought.com/ | Guild Discord:https://discord.gg/UqAVjJT
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Lne wrote:
5 years ago
I can't wait to do it all over again, but this time with benefit of the knowledge and wisdom gained from 15 years of IRL and in-game experience. Maybe this time I'll complete it after I gear out all my awesome guildies in naxx gear ;)
Awesome. This is such a great goal to set yourself having 'done' the rest of it already. You're well prepared this time too!

Lne
donator Posts: 9

Wonder if they actually played without addons. If so, kudos for keeping it simple.

Teldrassil
donator Posts: 24
Night Elf
Druid

I think I'm more amazed by the amount of gold they have...wow!

Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 51
Horde
Hunter

When you've got a lot of gold it's easy to snowball if you use it right.

Rogue Combat
US Westfall
donator Posts: 211
Orc
Rogue

Most impressive! I too had a lot of exalted, but not like that! Bravo!

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 196
Undead
Mage

I just wish there was a corresponding character screenshot with stats etc. Also, no Grind Marshal title...pfft. Not finished in my book rofl!

EDIT: couldn't help but notice it took him/her 14 days /played to hit 60

Dolamite teebling
Our time will come.
Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

Can't see anything to indicate he completed the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest line. Definitely unfinished.

I'm definitely seeing an Amulet of Shadow Shielding but no Darkwater Robes , Gnomish Turban of Psychic Might or Band of Icy Depths . He probably got the red shard and fumbled at the blue shard.

teebling FTHforever Biomasse
Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 80
Horde
Warrior

Holy shit that amount of time played. And Lne had over a year??? Hot damn!

But just taking this screenshot, I see an XP bar with XP corresponding to what it'd take to reach level 61, one would assume that TBC has \emph{just} launched (unless you could see the bar after the prepatch!).

Either way, that's a max time that character can span. 11th of February 2005 to 17th of January 2007 is 705 days, TBC launch day not included, or 16920 hours. 305 days and 20 hours is 7430 hours. This means that every hour passed is 0.43 hours in game. Or in other words, this character has, on average, been played at least 10 hours and 25 minutes every single day for the entirety of vanilla! WHAT

teebling Saltybob Sporks Pippina lewhop
EU Dreadmist
Horde

Hogbobson wrote:
5 years ago
Holy shit that amount of time played. And Lne had over a year??? Hot damn!

But just taking this screenshot, I see an XP bar with XP corresponding to what it'd take to reach level 61, one would assume that TBC has \emph{just} launched (unless you could see the bar after the prepatch!).

Either way, that's a max time that character can span. 11th of February 2005 to 17th of January 2007 is 705 days, TBC launch day not included, or 16920 hours. 305 days and 20 hours is 7430 hours. This means that every hour passed is 0.43 hours in game. Or in other words, this character has, on average, been played at least 10 hours and 25 minutes every single day for the entirety of vanilla! WHAT
Crazy right?

I don't remember him ever leaving Ironforge bank now that I think about it, no matter what time of day you'd log in Emilyspear would be in the same spot just advertising enchanting services in trade.

Sco, the GM of Method, talked briefly about him on his Twitch stream a while back (no idea how I would find this clip again) but he said the guy barely ever talked and they used to joke about him being some Chinese gold farmer or something.

It wouldn't be surprising if some account sharing was going on here.

Teldrassil
EU Nethergarde Keep
donator Posts: 29
Night Elf
Warrior

Relik wrote:
5 years ago
Well, that or it was simply this guy:

Relik Lne Kazukii erko
donator Posts: 6
Horde
Warlock

Dedication at its finest.

Shaman Restoration
donator Posts: 6
Horde
Shaman

14 days to reach 60 though :lol:

Undercity
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 182
Horde
Rogue

That played time, is unreal, it has to be fake.

ModeratorPrivate Message
Tanaris
donator Posts: 58
Tauren
Shaman

I remember when this screenshot went through the forums I was active in back in the day. I remember being pretty envious but then again - at least I went outside from time to time.

Stka wrote:
5 years ago
Very true. In BC someone in Orgrimmar quit the game and had a competition for the funniest joke anyone would whisper him. Winner would get all his gold. I won and after that I basically controlled the Horde auction house.

EU Dreadmist
Horde

Syturio wrote:
5 years ago
That played time, is unreal, it has to be fake.
You'd think so but sadly not, this guy genuinely played that much.

Tirisfal Glades
Horde
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Abannon wrote:
5 years ago
Relik wrote:
5 years ago
Well, that or it was simply this guy:

Unfortunately, I was more this guy;) I know I routinely played more than 13 hours a day and more than that on more than a few days

Guildlead: Epoch of Thought | Vanilla Thunderfury Warrior | Maintank/Father/Husband/Disabled Vet
Twitter:The_Lne Twitch: The_Lne Bnet: Lne#1326
Guild site: https://www.epochofthought.com/ | Guild Discord:https://discord.gg/UqAVjJT
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I remember Method talking about this account, which essentially became a guild account, hence the high played time. Was shared by some of the best players that graced vanilla though.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Mulgore
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Tauren
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

CBX wrote:
5 years ago
I remember when this screenshot went through the forums I was active in back in the day. I remember being pretty envious but then again - at least I went outside from time to time.
Stka wrote:
5 years ago
Very true. In BC someone in Orgrimmar quit the game and had a competition for the funniest joke anyone would whisper him. Winner would get all his gold. I won and after that I basically controlled the Horde auction house.
yo i know this is an old topic, but I need to know what this joke was lol

teebling Sporks Grindhouse
Priest Holy
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 102
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Unrelated but I just heard this one today.

A guy comes home to his wife at says "Hi honey, i bought painkillers" and the wife says "thats sweet but i dont have a headache" the husband replies "Lets have sex then"

Elwynn Forest
EU Noggenfogger
donator Posts: 15
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Looking at those screenshots, what would you guys say is the hardest thing to obtain?