Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey @Threkuul, when I first joined the forums a few months back I posted a similar thread, check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1096&hilit=music

I listened to a lot of metal at the time, and a strange mix of oldies. I will always revert back to things like Dire Straits, Neil Young, Dream Theater, To/Die/For and a bunch of other metal. I enjoy 60s-70s rock, and 80s alt rock/pop too, so will hit up things like Roxy Music, Talk Talk, Tears for Fears etc.

Having said all that, I do love the vanilla WoW soundtrack, and especially early days I will be cranking the in game music/effects, with the music to come later for grinding/PvP etc.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Helthos check out my thread linked above, a few similarities there :wink: Good choice on the music dude!

Helthos
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

im kinda lazy and a lot of the time ill just be listening to the game music lol. but, i guess when i started wow i was into a lot of gothic shit like nightwish, lacuna coil, manson, the birthday massacre, within temptation. music taste changed a bit and i got obsessed with riot grrl, so id play bikini kill, L7, brtmobile, hole, babes in toyland. then just went around having phases of a bunch of diff kinds of metal. now ill probably be playing deftones, tbm, motionless in white, rob zombie. and whatever other random shit on industrial playlists from spotify.

FTHforever

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Blink 182. Offspring. Sum 41.

teebling
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Haha, that's mega funny. I played a Hunter shortly before TBC and heard Billy Talent the album with Red Flag on it.
And every time I listen to the music from that time I have to think about some things that happen when leveling.When I hear Red Flag I have a flashback where I killed in Stranglethorn 3 Allis :D

I'm not exactly sure anymore, but it must all have been music like Billy Talent, that was my rock phase back then.

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
The Barrens
donator Posts: 18
Horde
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
5 years ago
Hey @Threkuul, when I first joined the forums a few months back I posted a similar thread, check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1096&hilit=music

I listened to a lot of metal at the time, and a strange mix of oldies. I will always revert back to things like Dire Straits, Neil Young, Dream Theater, To/Die/For and a bunch of other metal. I enjoy 60s-70s rock, and 80s alt rock/pop too, so will hit up things like Roxy Music, Talk Talk, Tears for Fears etc.

Having said all that, I do love the vanilla WoW soundtrack, and especially early days I will be cranking the in game music/effects, with the music to come later for grinding/PvP etc.
Well ain't we a pair! Metal forever, bro.

Selexin
Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

d3aths wrote:
5 years ago
im kinda lazy and a lot of the time ill just be listening to the game music lol. but, i guess when i started wow i was into a lot of gothic shit like nightwish, lacuna coil, manson, the birthday massacre, within temptation.
Yes, that is basically what I heard to WoW too, Gothic. Was big on going out that time too, so I got my part of RnB and House in the nightclubs.
But if I ever tune in Evanescence, Lacuna Coil or Nightwish I am instantly taken back to WoW Vanilla memory lane.

Today it would be metal. :twisted:

Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
5 years ago
Sum 41.
Yeeees, spend a lot of time listening to Sum 41!

Linkin Park, Bullet for my valentine, dead by april, haste the day etc etc..

Stfuppercut
EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ohh man my taste in music has.... chaned a lot lol.

I used to listen Blind Guardian, Anathema, Cradle of Filth etc...
Nowadays I don't really listen to any specific band (no metal anymore that's for sure), but more like relaxing stuff with some electronic moody atmospheric shit, jazz, R&B, classic and oldies.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Druid Balance
donator Posts: 52
Horde
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've never really listened to music by choice except for classical music, however back in the day I made a PvP video (really shitty feral just killing while leveling) with Trapt - Headstrong.

I absolutely hate the normal music people have in PvP videos, they always choose some hardcore screaming rock which makes me mute 24/7. I understand that you can't play classical music with PvP but rather some kind of pop/trap music then rock.

ShamelessEU
Mage Frost
donator Posts: 24
Night Elf
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pendulum, Prodigy, Linkin Park and Rammstein was my jam while pvping :)

Be the Hunter, not the hunted
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
5 years ago
@Helthos check out my thread linked above, a few similarities there :wink: Good choice on the music dude!
I merged the topics this morning.

Search before you post please guys!

Thunder Bluff
donator Posts: 15
Tauren
Warrior
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Paul Stanley - live to win 24/7

... and kill boars till i get lvl 60

Thunder Bluff
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Have to dig up one of those vanilla pvp music playlists and go ham!

Zandalar Tribe EU
Tinytusk - Troll Shaman
Zinnia - Undead Mage
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 6
Alliance
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Some techno and 90s bangers like Two can play that game

Searing Gorge
donator Posts: 28
Horde
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

House music!!!

Larry the Undead Priest @ Fairbanks
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Limp bizkit, Linkin Park, Staind, Rammstein, Puddle of Mudd & orc.... Slipknot.

Still listen to some while training, working out.

Desolace
Horde
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'll stick to my usual playlists, maybe will try to match the feel of the area I'm in. For example, probably go with something like this for Silverpine/Plaguelands/etc.

A bat in the hand is worth two in the belfry.
donator Posts: 30
Troll
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

When grinding I prefer Podcast tbh, but if music some sandstorm/basshunter

Loch modan
donator Posts: 26
Alliance
Hunter
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I think my self will issen to the in-game music for sometime, than switch too some remix music and lots of power metal songs.

Selexin
Golemagg [EU]
Mage Fire
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 17
Undead
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'll put "The Lament of Captain Placeholder" on repeat :biggrin:

Jokes aside, I'm with those who will enjoy the in-game music most of the time. Although I am going to listen to game songs/parodies by various youtubers for inspiration, like Jay the Bard or Miracle of Sound (even if he doesn't sing about WoW in particular - he's awesome nonetheless!). Or the good old Linkin Park, Disturbed etc. for motivation while grinding.

Arathi Basin
Undead
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I am working on a Lo-Fi Playlist @Spotify for release. In my test stream the Viewer stayed cause of my chill music!
If you wanna take a look @ my Playlist:

Feel free to follow :)

jodon
Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Druid Balance
Horde
Druid
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

summerjam wrote:
5 years ago
Did you know that it's possible to kill Boars only from 1-60? Without any xp buffs(incl rested xp) it takes around 20.000 boar kills. (Not lvl 1 boars like in
South Park). Someone made a video of a rough calculation, he also said if he gets like 10k likes he will do it. And last time i checked vid had like 25k likes so hopefully we will see it :)

Arathi Basin
Undead
Priest
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shamanigans wrote:
5 years ago
summerjam wrote:
5 years ago
Did you know that it's possible to kill Boars only from 1-60? Without any xp buffs(incl rested xp) it takes around 20.000 boar kills. (Not lvl 1 boars like in
South Park). Someone made a video of a rough calculation, he also said if he gets like 10k likes he will do it. And last time i checked vid had like 25k likes so hopefully we will see it :)
Here is also an calculation:
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... d_to_kill/

Shamanigans
Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
donator Posts: 16
Gnome
Warlock
5 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

aeh wrote:
5 years ago
I am working on a Lo-Fi Playlist @Spotify for release. In my test stream the Viewer stayed cause of my chill music!
If you wanna take a look @ my Playlist:

Feel free to follow :)
That's a cool list, but a bit short for the 120 hour grind to 60. I will fill many of those hours with lofi beats in my ears but I need huge playlists/radio, can't be switching up Playlist all the time.