Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid

Hi Guys,

I was wondering what music people will listen to while playing, to bring back their nostalgia from the vanilla playing days. For me I will definitely have the following playing:

• In Flames
  • To/Die/For
  • All That Remains
  • Killswitch Engage
  • Lamb of God
  • Dream Theater
  • As I Lay Dying
  • Nightwish
  • Soilwork
And many more... As you can see I was listening to a lot of metal then. I also had an oldies classic rock playlist I listened to a lot, which was quite eclectic which I will also try to recreate. It was literally songs dad called out to me so I could download on Limewire at the time, that he didn't have in his CD collection.

How about you?

teebling SweaterMonster DoomC
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 98
Human
Priest

I recognize a lot of these songs, but my experience playing Classic was a bit more nerdy. Is it weird that I played with the sound: ON? (and luved it?) I adore the music in-game, I think it's some of the best music out there. I'll be sticking with the game's original soundtrack but if anyone has other titles to share I'll definitely be listening to those in my off-time! :razz:

(Okay, fine, maybe I'll cave and turn on some music in PvP)
♪ LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR ♫ LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR ♫ LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR ♪

Mage Frost
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 16
Alliance
Mage

I actually really like listening to the game's background music and sound effects for full immersion. On the off chance I feel like listening to music, RHCP and Three Days Grace will be my probably be my first choices.

Alnir Selexin DoomC Dandus saltyshanker k.kamenov
Thunder Bluff
donator Posts: 68
Tauren
Druid

Like Tropical said, I'm probably just going to have the game music and sound effects on rather than listen to other stuff. I think I just want to get some nostalgia for a bit before I dive back into real-world music while I play.

Once that happens I'll probably listen to the music I listened to back when I started playing WoW for another round of nostalgia haha

Alnir Selexin Tropicalrubi
Nala - Feral Druid - Grobbulus
"May the eternal sun shine upon thee"
Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

Besides the background music, my nostalgia inducing bands would definitely be Hammerfall and old Nightwish. Riding to Hammerfall while listening to Hammerfall playing "Let The Hammer Fall" is so meta.

Alnir Selexin teebling
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 6
Horde
Mage

@Selexin In Flames was then and still is one of my favourite bands. I was only around 10 when I started playing (towards the end of classic, start of BC) and fondly remember listening to Kamelot whilst farming in the Hellfire Peninsula.

My main game right now is Warcraft III and I listen to a lot of Cradle of Filth when I need to make the high-APM plays :).

Did you hear the latest In Flames album "I, The Mask" released a few days ago? Loads of really nice tracks in there!

Selexin
Priest Holy
donator Posts: 106
Alliance
Priest

Alnir wrote:
5 years ago
I recognize a lot of these songs, but my experience playing Classic was a bit more nerdy. Is it weird that I played with the sound: ON? (and luved it?) I adore the music in-game, I think it's some of the best music out there. I'll be sticking with the game's original soundtrack but if anyone has other titles to share I'll definitely be listening to those in my off-time! :razz:

(Okay, fine, maybe I'll cave and turn on some music in PvP)
♪ LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR ♫ LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR ♫ LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR ♪
Similar to this for me. When I'm levelling, especially on my first character, I'll be experiencing the in-game music and sounds.

I often listen to WoW soundtracks generally anyway. I love so many of them.

When I'm grinding or farming, and during aspects of the level 60 game, I will probably switch to other music though so keep the suggestions flying. :wink:

Selexin Alnir
Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 28
Horde
Rogue

William wrote:
5 years ago
Similar to this for me. When I'm levelling, especially on my first character, I'll be experiencing the in-game music and sounds.

I often listen to WoW soundtracks generally anyway. I love so many of them.

When I'm grinding or farming, and during aspects of the level 60 game, I will probably switch to other music though so keep the suggestions flying. :wink:
Same here. Will have the ingame music on loop and on volume 100.
When grinding, some drum'n'base or lowfi hiphop tunes get me going.

Selexin teebling Alnir
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
Tauren
Druid

@Anders well your username certainly confirms your loyalty to Mr Friden! Good choice :)

I too love the games soundtrack and intend to have it cranked, especially in the early days after classic launch, but then as time goes by I'll alternate between music and soundtrack.

I'm excited, I can't wait!

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

I'll give the vanilla-era playlist that guy compiled a listen at the very start and then switch over to in-game music :razz:

Deleted User 281
donator Posts:
Deleted User 281

just the classic background music;)

Alnir Selexin
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 64
Troll
Priest

Definitely the OST as it's aged so well and honestly brings back some of the strongest WoW nostalgia for me. I guess after a long while I probably will be open to listening to something else as I play. Actually I often think the art and music is the one of the only things that still retains it's integrity in retail WoW today.

Selexin
"Ya got my attention."

donator Posts: 1
Alliance
Priest

In game music! I want to immerse myself :)

s1atan Selexin
Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde

Yeah I will listen to OST pretty much all the time. :)

Selexin
donator Posts: 33
Alliance
Paladin

Definitely the in-game music. I still listen to the wow soundtrack on a daily basis.

Selexin
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 196
Undead
Mage

For nostalgia purposes I will be listening to:
*Tool
*Ween
*Snot
*Soilwork
*MF Doom
*Black Label Society
*Shpongle

For what I listen to currently? Probably a lot of the same but with more NIN

Edit: The Mars Volta. Can't believe I left them out, I used to listen De-Loused in the Comatorium start to finish and repeat.

Selexin
Our time will come.
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

MF Doom - Doomsday has to be one of my favourite tracks of all time. I like you.

Cletus Selexin rexarlet Pippina
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 45
Human
Mage

I was gonna keep it in ost, but grinding is a thing, so i will eventually give a listen to all things suggested here.

Selexin
Don't wait for the world to accept you to try and be happy.
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 176
Undead
Priest

Cletus wrote:
5 years ago
For nostalgia purposes I will be listening to:
*Tool
*Ween
*Snot
*Soilwork
*MF Doom
*Black Label Society
*Shpongle

For what I listen to currently? Probably a lot of the same but with more NIN
to caveat on what he already said, I will have to add in some

*Mudvayne
*System of a Down

because those two bands were in addition to the already varied list provided.

Selexin
<Extreme>
Council Chairman
US-Horde
Blaumeux
Warrior Fury
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 212
Horde

Most of the time I will probably have the game music turned on. It's ambient and immersive, and helps me to focus on the game, rather on things outside of it.

However, I will probably play myself some Blind Guardian and Freedom Call every now and then for my own nostalgic reasons.

Selexin
Tanaris
donator Posts: 58
Tauren
Shaman

For casual PvP I will definitely listen to all those bands listed here already. For PvE though, nothing beats that classic WoW music.

Selexin
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Anyone going to be listening on winamp by any chance? :smile:

fendor Selexin Zurgan d3aths
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
Tauren
Druid

teebling wrote:
5 years ago

Anyone going to be listening on winamp by any chance? :smile:
Well now that I've seen this, definitely.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman

I'll probably opt mostly for podcasts. Mostly docuseries or news podcasts, but I'll probably listen to some old vanilla-era podcasts for some immersion into how people were thinking about the game at the time.

Selexin
Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Ashenvale
donator Posts: 9
Horde
Druid

Probably some Hammerfall and Blind Guardian. :)

And of course, OST music.

Selexin
Ishnu-dal-dieb