Hunter Marksman
donator Posts: 90
Dwarf
Hunter

In real life I have a fantastic social life - it's just that when it comes to gaming, and with WoW in particular, I have virtually no friends to play with.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find other players? Classic WoW is my favourite game, but it's so lonely without anyone to team up with.

Any advice on how to find like-minded players would be really appreciated - for both WoW and all other aspects of gaming.

Cheers!

Awaiting Classic WoW

Warsong Gulch
donator Posts: 93
Horde
Mage

Hey there, a great topic you came up with - and welcome to the forum!

From what I found to be effective is to keep your friends list alive by constantly adding people you enjoyed doing something with. It might be a completely minor thing, e.g. a couple of duels and a nice small-talk afterwards, or something more significant - a whole dungeon run. If you find a person to be adequate, social and laid-back just add him to your friend list and ask him to add you. Over time, you'll have a squad of comrades who proved to be decent and fun to play with. Stick with them!

This is actually my strategy of making friends, as in Vanilla you will not be able to level without joining in a group from time to time. To speed up the process - bind "/invite" to your F6 and smack that button every time you see somebody grinding in your quest area. Ask what's up, throw a buff. You'll notice the difference in gameplay quality soon enough. :smile:

Kurzogg
- anno 2005.
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest

Agree with Razor. You can also join a guild where you don't have to be serious raider but just a social member like we in our guild do. We have a healthy amount of dedicated raiders who have time for it and then those more casual ones that just wanted to join to have fun and occasionally join a raid or other events that we make.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Hunter Marksman
Dwarf
Hunter

Faendor wrote:
6 years ago
Agree with Razor. You can also join a guild where you don't have to be serious raider but just a social member like we in our guild do. We have a healthy amount of dedicated raiders who have time for it and then those more casual ones that just wanted to join to have fun and occasionally join a raid or other events that we make.
Is this a guild in retail WoW? If so, I'd consider coming back to the game if you've got a friendly player base!

Awaiting Classic WoW

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest

Nah its guild from current Light's Hope server, we re going to the fresh realm together

Hunter Marksman
Dwarf
Hunter

Faendor wrote:
6 years ago
Nah its guild from current Light's Hope server, we re going to the fresh realm together
Count me in dude! I'd love to finally find a good guild.

Awaiting Classic WoW

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest

Sure thing :)

Hunter Marksman
Dwarf
Hunter

Razor wrote:
6 years ago
Hey there, a great topic you came up with - and welcome to the forum!

From what I found to be effective is to keep your friends list alive by constantly adding people you enjoyed doing something with. It might be a completely minor thing, e.g. a couple of duels and a nice small-talk afterwards, or something more significant - a whole dungeon run. If you find a person to be adequate, social and laid-back just add him to your friend list and ask him to add you. Over time, you'll have a squad of comrades who proved to be decent and fun to play with. Stick with them!

This is actually my strategy of making friends, as in Vanilla you will not be able to level without joining in a group from time to time. To speed up the process - bind "/invite" to your F6 and smack that button every time you see somebody grinding in your quest area. Ask what's up, throw a buff. You'll notice the difference in gameplay quality soon enough. :smile:
Thanks for the advice, dude! I really like the idea of creating a macro and binding it to a key, I'm definitely gonna do that.

Funnily enough I watched a Tips Out video yesterday recommending players around my level to grind in a certain spot in The Wetlands. I'm a Horde player, and coming across another character around my level was pretty unusual - but it just so happened we'd both watched the same video! Instantly became good friends, and had a good old chat.

Awaiting Classic WoW