donator Posts: 22
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Why make a hunter to farm DM trib when a healer can farm DM jump runs?
in my case, because I like to play a hunter sometimes. I personally would never make a hunter (or anything else) to farm trib (or anything else, including prof cds).

a few questions about this tho-- do we have proof 2man jump runs were possible in vanilla? Do you think they'll be possible in classic? How much does the lack of /camp hurt? Does the profit depend on the AH price of shards and arcanite crystals mostly, assuming you aren't running a customer for gear? Is the gold reliably better than solo lasher farm, or does that depend on lasher drop tables?

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Meanderthal wrote:
4 years ago
a few questions about this tho-- do we have proof 2man jump runs were possible in vanilla? Do you think they'll be possible in classic? How much does the lack of /camp hurt? Does the profit depend on the AH price of shards and arcanite crystals mostly, assuming you aren't running a customer for gear? Is the gold reliably better than solo lasher farm, or does that depend on lasher drop tables?
Jump runs exist based on the same principals that apply to other farms that exist and function. The loss of /camp is massive. Profit is always related to demand. Demand for the crystals, demand for the shards and whether or not you can line up customers to sell the bow (I believe there is also a caster neck you can sell). As you know, we dont have a realistic idea what to expect with lasher farm rates as many values have been modified on private. The difference of 10-15g per hour will completely shift the efficiency and value of each of these farm methods, and the beta did not include these dungeons so we have nothing concrete at this point.

Do a quick youtube search to see DME jump runs and you can get an idea of what to expect.

Private drop rates were not completely accurate. Small inaccuracies that dont affect most players and still provide a blizz-like experience will be magnified by a player who plans on farming this content for hundreds of hours and will be huge. We have to wait and see. Of course, the easier way to make gold is simply to buy items for cheap during initial phases and then resell them later when new content increases their value. As far as grinding is concerned, I cant see a good argument to level a farm alt given the time and effort it would take compared to the pay off. If I was going to do this, the justification of making several low level toons and selling their proff cooldowns for passive income while simultaneously farming on main would dramatically outvalue any gold I could make on a secondary farm toon exclusively.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
donator Posts: 22
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Do a quick youtube search to see DME jump runs and you can get an idea of what to expect.
thanks for answers! Just a note, I deliberately avoided endgame (dungeons and big story quests after Sunken Temple) on vanilla pservers so it'd be new for classic-- haven't ever been in DM, don't want to see it in videos, thus the questions...

Stfuppercut
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It will be different this time around since I will be a Warlock!
I will be changing professions to gather mats to lower the price of the quest mount!
I need to wait till phase 2 though because of Dire Maul!

I was lucky in Vanilla to get a few world epic drops that made my Epic Mount gold!
So basically I didnt farm for it lol

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Desolace
donator Posts: 52
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

My guess is phase 2 will drop when I'll be around 55-ish lvl, so I'll try and farm lashers for both gold and xp at lvl 58. If that ain't gonna work then prob'ly gonna be farming whatever is easy and/or profession based.

A bat in the hand is worth two in the belfry.