fatalpanda
donator Posts:

I'm gonna roll a char to grind money, but I would also like to be able to solo lower level instances, i.e. SFK and BFD.

Which class would be better suited for this? A protection paladin, feral druid, affliction lock or (gasp) a BM hunter?

Basically I'm thinking protection paladin using SoJ, JoJ and retribution aura
or
Feral druid using regrowth, swipe and thorns
or
Affliction warlock using siphon life + other DoTs
or
BM hunter using a pet with AoE threat (gorilla or bird) with mend pet

Warlock might have trouble in SFK with all the shadow resist...

donator Posts: 59
Alliance

Do you mean at lv60?

fatalpanda
donator Posts:

Quaria wrote:
5 years ago
Do you mean at lv60?
Yes, I'm will level to 60 and use the char to grind and farm lower level dungeons for cloth and BoE blues.

donator Posts: 59
Alliance

I can say this about warlock, they’re AOE capabilities are limited, but they can be really great against single target. For example with my lv60 warlock I soloed parts of DM:E and farmed demons in Darkwhisper Gorge (Eye of Shadow dropped yes).

Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

For AoE farming, there's just Mage. Warlocks can solo Mara princess runs, DM:N wolf farm, DM:E thrash. I know hunters can pull something similar, heard about some maraudon thrash farm that's quite good.

Dungeons aren't really the best gold / hour thing to do but they are the safest if you're playing on a very populated PvP realm.

Also Siphon life won't make you a tank or anything. Kiting everything and having a VW to sac in case shit hits the fan helps. Also the fact that you can convert health to mana and then bandage yourself back helps with mana management.

fendor
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Hey panda,

Jpy did a pretty in-depth guide on gold farming dungeons as a mage at level 60 here https://www.barrens.chat/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=880 I’ve also heard that hunters with engineering (to blast locked doors) can also do well at Dire Maul runs.

As for the low level dungeons you mentioned - at level 60 you could do it with any class but some would be quicker. I hope that https://classic.wowhead.com/item=1482/shadowfang drops for you in SFK! :smile:

Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 51
Horde
Hunter

Hunter obv. hunter get to reset a fight without wasting time, Increasing your runs/ph and allowing you to just skip useless mob packs. Plus DireMaul trib farm/ seamless farming in general.

Desolace
donator Posts: 22
Horde
Hunter

BM Hunter with Engineering and First Aid does well.

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid

In addition to your question: Its ome of the respons to go feral.

Thorns, naglering &swipe in tank kit should do the trick.