Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde

Figured it would be cool to share our “battle stations”.

Also here’s a subreddit where people post their setup for ideas.

Here’s mine:

It’s not much but my girlfriend and I have a lot going on for a 26/24 year old couple (my son is almost a year and a half old now and our second child is on the way. Yes, we’re super excited!) so I’m very appreciative of the effort she’s made to allow me to improve it. A bigger/better second monitor is my next biggest goal, which I should be able to get soon and then a bigger desk after that. Not too worried about it at the moment for obvious reasons.

Current gear:
Headset: Steelseries Arctis 3
Keyboard: Steelseries Apex 150
Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310
Mousepad: Steelseries QCK Heavy XXL (I’ve enjoyed all of my Steelseries products but the big ass mousepad is my favorite lmao, will never go back to a basic bitch mousepad)
PC: CyperpowerPC (AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-core, Windows 10)

Post away!

CallMeDara fendor Syturio Alnir Goetia
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Hey jp I'm liking the colour scheme very much! And that big old steelseries mat. Very cool.

I'll take a pic of my set up at home when I get home. Just built a new mini-ITX build which is pretty dope and can't wait to share.

In the meantime here is my 'setup' on the ship - coding patch 1.5 on my lunch break! :biggrin: North of the Shetland Isles at the moment.

Jpy CallMeDara Jalapeno solidlobster Alnir Fnonk ShamelessEU Selexin Zygomatic Mikaew Pixstar v1stra rijndael Lendryn indirect bunkbed209 powerfool Pipes Kall Kazukii and one more user
Undercity
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 182
Horde
Rogue

Mine is just a laptop connected to a 144hz monitor.
I bought the cheapest table, cheapest mousepad, cheapest keyboard i could find.
So ye... pretty boring.
:lol:

teebling Jpy indirect powerfool
ModeratorPrivate Message
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

This guy making a grove for levelling his druid:

We’re all beat.

Syturio Jpy CallMeDara Hogbobson Furiousfromage Tinyhoof Gallow Sporks Pixstar Lendryn Pipes CryptidK9
Deadwind Pass
donator Posts: 101
Alliance
Warlock

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
This guy making a grove for levelling his druid:

We’re all beat.
There is a reason us Warlocks dont try stuff like this. I tried once and was told I was breaking the laws of nature

Alnir bunkbed209

Vikernes - Human Warlock - Arugal
Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
Horde

@Syturio nothing wrong with that as long as it gets the job done!

@teebling I saw that one the other day, man does that look peaceful haha

Moonglade
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 33
Orc
Druid

@teebling

That's some next level immersion right there!

You can find me @ www.twitch.tv/fr0sk1
Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
Horde

New monitor coming!

Next is a bigger desk and some much needed cable management, but I'll have to wait a bit for those..

teebling
Feralas
donator Posts: 71
Horde
Hunter

Here's my setup!

Stuff:
surface keyboard
g-pro mouse
ikea wood desktop and wooden tressels
ikea office chair
asus rog swift 240hz monitor (lol i don't play any games but wow, but for general desktop use i just love this thing)
operating system: xubuntu 18 with a custom theme i made to look like windows 95

I put my PC in a different room so I don't hear it. I use a 20 ft displayport cable and usb extender to make everything work.
Specs:
rog maximus viii impact mobo (i actually regret buying this because it's too small for some air coolers and there's no PCI-E 1x slots)
intel [email protected]
gtx 1080
8gb * 2 ram at 3ghz
550watt power supply

I actually don't have my pc in a case because it just sits in a cabinet unseen. i don't really care for the fancy rgb or cool looking stuff anyways, it's just a utility to me.

The laptop is the 2018 macbook air

Jpy teebling powerfool
Full bore!
Undercity
EU Shazzrah
Horde
Rogue

@acrmojt Sick setup.
But why ubunto over windows?

ModeratorPrivate Message
Feralas
Horde
Hunter

Syturio wrote:
5 years ago
@acrmojt Sick setup.
But why ubunto over windows?
xubuntu is a free operating system. Free in the sense of liberty. It means it respects your rights, rather than serving the interest of it's creator like Windows does for Microsoft or OSX does for Apple. Why would I give Microsoft a backdoor into my computer?

I only own a Macbook because I have to be able to test Safari for work. I'm a software developer.

With programs like Wine and Steam Proton you can run Windows program on GNU/Linux faster than they will run on native Windows. So there's absolutely no downside to xubuntu. It's faster than Windows, easier to get work done, everything is customizable like the UI and keyboard (which for a dev is amazing), there's no annoying Windows updater (GNU/Linux updates in the background without reboots :D), and best of all I don't have an evil corporation snooping down my neck trying to find some way they can extort money out of me.

If you want to learn more check out: https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Thanks for the kind words ^^

Syturio Sojiro84 BarbeRouge
Full bore!
Undercity
EU Shazzrah
Horde
Rogue

acrmojt wrote:
5 years ago
With programs like Wine and Steam Proton you can run Windows program on GNU/Linux faster than they will run on native Windows.
What about games, they work too? And with the same FPS as Windows?

ModeratorPrivate Message
Feralas
Horde
Hunter

Syturio wrote:
5 years ago
acrmojt wrote:
5 years ago
With programs like Wine and Steam Proton you can run Windows program on GNU/Linux faster than they will run on native Windows.
What about games, they work too? And with the same FPS as Windows?
Vulkan based games like DOOM will run faster than Windows. OpenGL based games will run the same as Windows. DirectX games will run at about 5-10% performance penalty because their graphics instructions must be translated.

As long as your PC has a mid-range setup you won't even notice a difference.

Syturio
Full bore!
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Right so now I'm back home I can post my home 'setup'. It's not great but here goes:

So on the left is my MBA 11" 2015 which I take with me to sea and do the majority of bchat development on. I hook it up to the ultrawide display on occasion for the extra screen space.

The display is an LGWK500 29" Ultrawide with 2560x1080 resolution. It's not the biggest or best monitor around but it's wide and immersive and I love playing games on it.

Next is the KBTalking 60% sized mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. I modded it with O-ring dampeners for noise and will also be replacing all of the blue LEDs soon with white ones so it matches the rest of the set up (black/white colour scheme going on).

Got an ergo wireless JellyComb mouse which is quiet and has a few extra buttons. It's not a Razer Naga or whatever but the few buttons do help with hotkeys for WC3/WoW etc. Pretty standard Sennheiser wired headset with mic just for talking to people on TeamSpeak/Disc or whatever.

Then the little black box to the right is my PC build - it's mini-ITX form factor and I built it to be completely silent. So - it has a fanless GPU with 4GB VRAM and all cooling fans (case fans, CPU fan, PSU fan) are BeQuiet fans. I got most of the stuff second-hand and in good condition to save money but it's still pretty dope and runs every single game at ultra settings with max ultrawide resolution etc. so I couldn't be happier :smile:

Here's the specs if you guys are interested:

SpoilerShow

Jpy s1atan
Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
Horde

Wires would be a lot less noticeable if my desk wasn’t glass but this’ll do for now. Moved the tower down until I can get some longer cables. New setup with an old school wallpaper:

SpoilerShow
Really liking the second monitor for referencing google docs or streaming while playing, it’s very convenient.

teebling
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

@Jpy replacement mat for your steelseries? :razz:

tygoro
Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Right so now I'm back home I can post my home 'setup'. It's not great but here goes:

I have now 2 24inch Dell monitors and Im wondering if I shouldnt change them for 1 29 inch monitor.

I would be able to fix it on the wall aswell. It might help that Im using it as a TV aswell as for work (translating literature).

We will see how it all unfolds :D

How do you personally like the 29 incher?

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

WoW looks great on it. Really it looks fantastic. Check out the ultrawide wallpapers I made to see what I mean.

For me it’s just right - not too wide - I can take in details on the sides too.

I have my mac laptop for a smaller side display if needed but don’t need it that often.

s1atan
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 176
Undead
Priest

ASUS ROG Laptop, kitchen table, and a Corsair Scimitar mouse. Pretty much sums it up unless my 3-legged mastiff is sleeping at my feet.

teebling
<Extreme>
Council Chairman
US-Horde
Blaumeux
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde

/target Post Your Setup!
/cast https://www.wowhead.com/spell=7328/redemption

Here's my cosy place. Ignore the 80's curtains, just moved in so will be changing these asap! :lol:

teebling Jpy
Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 20
Alliance
Rogue

Can shift between sitting and standing in about 30s, plenty of time to transition while on a flight path :)

Jpy
Hunter Marksman
EU Sulfuron
donator Posts: 61
Horde
Hunter

I like these threads to see all kinds of setup, and it also makes me want to post mine...

But that mean I would need to clean up my desk and I'm too lazy for that right now... Eventually !

teebling Grindhouse
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift : that's why it's called present."
Warlock Affliction
donator Posts: 63
Orc
Warlock

WIP - going to put a Warcraft canvas on the wall behind the monitors once I stop doing speedruns long enough to build the frames for them. Need to dust too...

Specs:
Case: Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE Premium Mid-Tower Case
CPU: I7-7700K
CPU Cooling: Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm (RMA'd currently due to Corsair's crap QC on LEDs; old heatsink installed in pic, so I'm short two LL120 fans)
GPU: Zotac 980 Ti AMP EXTREME
RAM: 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 3000

Left Monitor: Acer VG271UP 27" 1440P IPS
Center Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440P GSYNC IPS
Right Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 27" 1440P TN
Monitor Arms: 3x AmazonBasics Premium Single Monitor Stand
Keyboard: Corsair K65 Red (Cherry Brown)
Mouse: Logitech G500 (still going strong)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 650
Headphone Amp: Schiit Magni 2
Speakers: Logitech Z-2300 (still solid after 12 years minus a faulty control unit)

Jpy Dolamite daisyKutter Pipes
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

@Goetia taking a picture whilst fighting Diablo, pretty brave! Are you on Nightmare/Hell yet? What character? BIG D2 fan here.

PS beautiful setup.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
BIG D2 fan here.
:surprised: :surprised: <3 <3

Lvl 60
Lvl 35