donator Posts: 11
Mage

I recently saw some older posts about retail WoW talking about some weapon size nerf/buffs to races. Seems that Female Blood Elf had their weapon size increased and Female Humans had their weapon size decreased.

It made me wonder, which race had the largest weapons to character size in vanilla WoW? From slightly reading about it, it seems that Human Females or maybe Gnomes had the largest weapons based on their size.

Does anyone remember or have any pictures to show who had the largest weapons?

Iced_Plasma cugs
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Do you know what patch it was that the post was talking about?

If I remember correctly it did exist in vanilla - I don’t remember any Gnomes carrying swords taller than themselves...

Then again as we learned from the German interview memories can be deceiving!

Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 80
Horde
Warrior

I also don't know much about the specific scenario you mention, but I know 4 horsemen in WotLK dropped a ridiculously oversized sword called Armageddon. This thing was intense on tauren and gnomes alike...

Desolace
donator Posts: 22
Horde
Hunter

Human Female weapon sizes were ridiculous. I remember Maladath, which was already a large sword, being gigantic on them.

teebling
Mage

From what I read it looks like Blood Elf females and Human females had their weapon model sizes changed in patch 7.2. At least based on what was being discussed in these threads here.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753756735

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759566128

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17610991192

It seems they increased the Blood Elf female weapon size when implementing the updated models.

Also, after reading a bit more it seems as far as Human females goes, the increase in weapon size, while unsheathing, was a bug introduced in WotLK.

So, I am still unsure about race weapon size comparisons in Vanilla WoW.

teebling
Warrior Protection
Horde
Warrior

Not weapon size! But were anyone else around for the orc shoulder pad bug in TBC? It was a good few patches they looked totally ridiculous. x)

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Hogbobson wrote:
5 years ago
I also don't know much about the specific scenario you mention, but I know 4 horsemen in WotLK dropped a ridiculously oversized sword called Armageddon. This thing was intense on tauren and gnomes alike...

Omg hahaha

Hogbobson
Warrior Protection
Horde
Warrior

omg you found it x)

Mage

Hogbobson wrote:
5 years ago
Not weapon size! But were anyone else around for the orc shoulder pad bug in TBC? It was a good few patches they looked totally ridiculous. x)
Hahaha I do remember that. All those Orcs on the forums were so up in arms about that.

Warrior Protection
Horde
Warrior

I think I had just gotten herod shoulders when it happened. I went from awesome to "wait what?" in an instant. :P

Stonetalon Mountains
EU Lucifron
donator Posts: 23
Alliance

Eh I dno, that kind of wonkyness and quirkiness I find quite endearing and I won’t be too bothered by weapon sizes/mounts etc in Classic.

Warrior Protection
Horde
Warrior

@Edensong, everyone looks boss on a tiger though.
And for the longest time the only thing I wanted for my orc warrior was a black war kodo. It felt amazing the day I finished grinding for that!

Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 196
Tauren
Shaman

It's not the size, is how you use them! /s

Jokes aside never knew of this, that gnome image is so darn cool!

Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)

Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
Mage Frost
donator Posts: 58
Horde
Priest

Orcs have BiS shoulder size!

“Everything that is... is alive.”