US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Cizin wrote:
4 years ago
But now Classic is here and I’m well and truly very grown up and have my stuff sorted so that means I’m back!
This is one of two objectively best ways to enjoy this game. Be unemployed with lots of time, or have your shit together and have lots of time :lol:

Welcome m8

Ungoro Crater
US Myzrael
donator Posts: 2
Orc
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Well, I certainly don’t have lots of time, but I do have a good job that doesn’t ever come home with me. I have to make the best of the time I have, but for once I don’t have to worry about paying for the next month’s sub (or being deployed in the middle of it!). Now if only I could get my wife to play, that would double my total play time, haha.

Thanks for the welcome!

Pippina
Swamp of Sorrows
donator Posts: 9
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hello, I began in Vanilla & was very much a noob, as WoW was my first taste of MMORPGS. I have been lurking for a bit & really, really dig on the community here. Feels like a throwback to the old days of forums! I look forward to contributing to the community & pick up some insight on the way. Cheers!

Pippina
US Myzrael
donator Posts: 3
Night Elf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hi there!

Total n00b here. I swore up and down for years when WOW first launched that I would never play this game. ...and then I did. When classic launched this year, I thought I'd give it a try. Now... I'm hooked.

I'm really digging the hell out of some classic. I have actually given retail a shot and I have to say that I just can't get behind it. When I've got a level 11 toon and I can set my auto-attack and then literally take my hands off the controls and put them up behind my head - with no fear of dying... Just... No. I'm not sure if it gets harder later on in the game, but if that's any indication of things to come, I can't in good conscience call that a "game".

I know I'm ripping on retail right out of the gate, something that I hear fans of classic often do, but I do get that retail wouldn't be a thing if it didn't work for those folks who are in to that kind of thing. Each to their own.

I love that classic makes you work for it. That it doesn't hand you everything. It's my personal preference, of course, but I like the feeling of accomplishment and a job well done - even if I had to die 20 times to do it.

I also have no idea why I'm blathering on like this. I'm not good at introducing myself. I never know what to say.

teebling
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 1
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hello! Just saying hi.

Pippina
Warlock Affliction
US Mankrik
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hello all! Long time player, since 2005. I've played the game steadily since then. While I do still enjoy the retail game, I cannot lie when I say Classic scratches that nostalgia itch something fierce. There's a great many mechanics I miss from the old days, so I'm really happy to have the chance to experience them again. Also, there's so much I miss from pre-Cataclysm.

I pretty much enjoy both versions of the game as completely separate things now. Retail when I just wanna go blow stuff up on my ridiculous number of alts, and Classic when I crave the slow and steady pace and having to put in the effort to earn things.

Hope to see you guys in-game sometime! :)

Undercity
US Westfall
donator Posts: 3
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hey! I was doing a google search and I stumbled upon this website! Fetid of Westfall. Undead warlock. Truth be told, I never played Vanilla or Burning Crusade. I've been playing kinda on and off since Wrath. I've had a solid experience with classic so far and I can't wait to get to 60 (41 right now) Glad to be here!

donator Posts: 9
Human
Warrior
5 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hey all! New to the forums and coming back to WoW to play Season of Discovery, last played during TBC Classic but I'm really looking forward to the changes they're putting in the new season!

Maekor
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 2
Human
Paladin
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hi everyone. I'm here for SoD. Stopped playing Wow after Cataclysm. Glad to be back.

Furious
3 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hi all.

Couple of weeks ago I thought I'd give a WoW a quick look for old times sake. Well... here we are with SOD the old gamers casual dream. So much fun, so I'm back while the fun lasts. Here particularly because if I recall rightly you're a good alternative to the official forums.

Furious