Moonglade
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 33
Orc
Druid

Hey there!

I just found this website and I think it's great! I'll probably hang around here a lot from now on! :biggrin:

I started playing WoW in late vanilla and I've played all the expansions with various commitment since.
Around the end of Wotlk I started playing different private servers as well, mostly vanilla.
Like a lot other players I am super hyped for Classic!

I have always been playing multiple classes and everyone of them has been fun in its own way.

For the last 2 years I've been playing mostly Hunter on private servers and this might just be the class I'll play on Classic.
But I know that for me, any class can be fun as long as I stay competitive and have friends to play with!

The chances are I roll something not so popular or something my friends are not playing just for the sake of variation and trying be different :mrgreen:

You can find me @ www.twitch.tv/fr0sk1
Arathi Basin
EU Patchwerk
donator Posts: 23
Horde
Warlock

Hello everyone,

So after lurking the /r/classicwow and this forum for a few weeks, I have decided to create an account to interact with some people before classic launches.

I have only played Vanilla and TBC, mainly on the horde side on PVP EU server Boulderfist. Wasnt much of a raider and other endgame stuff, as I never managed to get level capped in the two years I played (lots of alts and a rogue twink) and loved the battlegrounds, I would spend months in BGs whenever I reached 29-39-etcetera. I quit WOW because me and my friends moved to console games like Halo and CoD.

Quite excited for classic wow and I want to visit the same world as I did when I was 12 years old. Retail wow never appealed to me, as I did not recognize the old gameplay I was used to. Furthermore, after playing League of Legends these past 5 years, I need a 'new' game to get into.

I have my eyes set on an undead warlock, probably with a shaman or warrior alt. going for a pvp server again cuz I think I would love pvp more than pve. gonna take my time levelling and keeping up professions(mining and engineering), Endgame should be the cherry on top, not the goal. probably be hanging out in Bgs a lot again, but after reading Nymis' guide on warfare, I would love to dive into some coordinated world pvp.

greetings from The Netherlands!

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Jalapeno wrote:
5 years ago
But I know that for me, any class can be fun as long as I stay competitive and have friends to play with!

The chances are I roll something not so popular or something my friends are not playing just for the sake of variation and trying be different :mrgreen:
Hey jalapeno glad to have you! Yes so long as you can be relevant for your team mates it doesn’t matter very much what you roll, I agree with this.
Ketelkop wrote:
5 years ago
I have my eyes set on an undead warlock, probably with a shaman or warrior alt. going for a pvp server again cuz I think I would love pvp more than pve. gonna take my time levelling and keeping up professions(mining and engineering), Endgame should be the cherry on top, not the goal. probably be hanging out in Bgs a lot again, but after reading Nymis' guide on warfare, I would love to dive into some coordinated world pvp.

greetings from The Netherlands!
Greets ketelkop and welcome. There’s a whole bunch of warlocks on here I’ve noticed - a really popular choice and I think @Nymis has a hand in it :razz: Also looking forward to WPvP very much. He is running a guild I believe if you’re interested in finding some people to city raid with.

Priest Shadow
donator Posts: 8
Alliance
Priest

Hi all!

Like @Ketelkop I too have lurked r/classicwow for quite a while now, and recently discovered this cool site through Teeb's post about the race/class comparison tool.

I only began playing WoW in late Wrath/early Cata, so I never got that authentic vanilla experience. I hope Classic will be able to correct that!

I've decided on making a Dwarf Priest come release. A big ole chunky redbeard, with a passion for "fat" heals :biggrin:

So yeah, thanks for having me. Glad to be on board with y'all!

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Dishing out the fat heals to the bois. Welcome :mrgreen:

Priest Shadow
donator Posts: 8
Alliance
Priest

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Dishing out the fat heals to the bois. Welcome :mrgreen:
Exactly! I aim to be the absolutest of units, spreading my (un)holy heals far and wide, like the bubonic plague :razz:

Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

@Ketelkop What Teeb said, if you're looking for a guild to raid cities and dragons with, I can tell you more about it hah!

Warlocks are a great choice for anything. I'd personally take mage over them but summoning raids is way too important to rely on others - who else going to show up 30 minutes early before any dungeon or raid if not Warlocks?

Anyway, I hope you like it here!

Arathi Basin
EU Patchwerk
Horde
Warlock

Thanks for the warm welcome Teebling!

@Nymis , yesterday I left a reply on your guide on warfare, which got me pumped.

Would love to do those city raids, back in the day I just joined random groups that where going to raid alliance territories and tagged along, not really knowing what was happening, I think my english proficiency level and age could have something to do with it :D.
I love the idea of intense player vs player battles while integrating raid wide (macro) tactics. Maybe its the LoL background, as that game needs you to pay attention to micro managing your champion and macro managing what happens on the map and where/when to defend, attack, or take objectives.

P.S. PvE raiding sounds fun too, these past few weeks I read up on what raiding is about, but the ultimate goal for me would be getting better PvP gear. Well, we ll see when classic comes around...

Deadwind Pass
donator Posts: 101
Alliance
Warlock

Hey guys, new here. Found the forum though r/classicwow and the posting of the race/class comparison tool. This place looks great and I intend on spending a lot of time here. I prefer this a lot more to facebook/discord groups.

Thanks for making this place for us all and I look forward to making this my new WoW home

Vikernes - Human Warlock - Arugal
Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

@Toastea Glad to have you here! I love the feeling of oldschool forums myself, it's like pipe tobacco to go with a 15 year old wine.

On a curious personal note, why is it you don't like Discord groups? I'm a big fan of that platform and plan on using it for my guild but I've always wondered as to what criticism some people have against it.

Deadwind Pass
Alliance
Warlock

Nymis wrote:
5 years ago
@Toastea Glad to have you here! I love the feeling of oldschool forums myself, it's like pipe tobacco to go with a 15 year old wine.

On a curious personal note, why is it you don't like Discord groups? I'm a big fan of that platform and plan on using it for my guild but I've always wondered as to what criticism some people have against it.
Because I am a stubborn, grouchy, old man. Thats about it :P I dont hate discord, I just prefer to use it in smaller groups of people I actually know. I will use it for guild stuff when classic come though, much like you. But for discussion I much prefer this format.

Discord is more a platform I like to use while playing in game

teebling

Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 4
Horde
Hunter

Hey. I am bds. Played WoW beta and vanilla. UD rogue on Burning Legion (EU), NE hunter on Stormscale (EU), and then a priest (shadow) and a pala (retri) for a shorter period of time, heavily PvP focused. Played some TBC but haven't touched the game since. I am also the co-founder of SK Gaming where we competed in both PvP and PvE (with Curse that joined SK). Really eager to play Classic.

Toastea Jalapeno Faendor Stka
Deadwind Pass
Alliance
Warlock

bds wrote:
5 years ago
Hey. I am bds. Played WoW beta and vanilla. UD rogue on Tarren Mill (EU), NE hunter on Stormscale (EU), and then a priest (shadow) and a pala (retri) for a shorter period of time, heavily PvP focused. Played some TBC but haven't touched the game since. I am also the co-founder of SK Gaming where we competed in both PvP and PvE (with Curse that joined SK). Really eager to play Classic.
Co-founder of SK Gaming? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

teebling

Arathi Basin
Horde
Hunter

Toastea wrote:
5 years ago
bds wrote:
5 years ago
Hey. I am bds. Played WoW beta and vanilla. UD rogue on Tarren Mill (EU), NE hunter on Stormscale (EU), and then a priest (shadow) and a pala (retri) for a shorter period of time, heavily PvP focused. Played some TBC but haven't touched the game since. I am also the co-founder of SK Gaming where we competed in both PvP and PvE (with Curse that joined SK). Really eager to play Classic.
Co-founder of SK Gaming? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol:

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

bds wrote:
5 years ago
Ello mate :) Welcome aboard!

We have a celebrity guys... just...act... NORMAL.

Arathi Basin
Horde
Hunter

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
bds wrote:
5 years ago
Ello mate :) Welcome aboard!

We have a celebrity guys... just...act... NORMAL.
Happy to be here. Great job on the site and tools!

teebling
donator Posts: 1

Hello everyone! Just heard about this on r/classicwow and came to see how amazing it is.
Hope we can enjoy ourselves.

Syturio
Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 80
Horde
Warrior

Whoooe! It's been a while!
Welcome, Stka! \o/
Welcome, CBX! \o/
Welcome, Kurzogg! \o/
Welcome, Jalapeno! \o/
Welcome, Ketelkop! \o/
Welcome, Fatheal! \o/
Welcome, Toastea! \o/
Welcome, bds! \o/
Welcome, Lukan! \o/

So glad to see the family grow :D

Jalapeno teebling Cram Fatheal
Elwynn Forest
Alliance

Hi all!

I can't remember how I heard about this site, but I think it was somewhere through PhPBB (I used to run a wow fan site or two running the PBWoW skin). I didn't play too much of early classic (I think I got to about level 40 when TBC dropped), but I definitely liked how the game played and handled prior to cataclysm. I did my most of my hardcore raiding during wrath (was the top shaman healer for quite a while on my server!) and warlords, but really had a dry spell during cata, legion, mists, and I haven't even touched battle for Azeroth. So stoked to see WoW back at its roots!

I do plan on rolling a shaman since that's what I've played mostly since TBC. However, since I played as a Draenei shaman on retail servers, I will have to roll horde to play in classic.

teebling
Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 51
Horde
Hunter

Hogbobson wrote:
5 years ago
Whoooe! It's been a while!
Welcome, Stka! \o/
Welcome, CBX! \o/
Welcome, Kurzogg! \o/
Welcome, Jalapeno! \o/
Welcome, Ketelkop! \o/
Welcome, Fatheal! \o/
Welcome, Toastea! \o/
Welcome, bds! \o/
Welcome, Lukan! \o/

So glad to see the family grow :D
#1 /flex

tyty

Deleted User 281
donator Posts:
Deleted User 281

Hi everyone, Yori here; let me just briefly introduce myself.

I first got into playing WoW at my bud's place, using his dad's PC (bc our shit PCs couldnt run it lol). That was back during the closing days of Vanilla. By the time we reached lvl 60 TBC had already been released. It was the first expansion that I played to its fullest, getting all they way to the Black Temple and sweet druid T6.
After what I refer to as the ICC debacle (i.e. weekly content nerfs...ty blizz) I quit playing WoW serioulsy and only played more or less casually, checking out all of the new expansions up until Legion during which I actually got back into raiding with my Warlock and stuck to it until recent BfA. I quit playing BfA after a couple of months when it had become clear to me that BfA was nowhere near on the same level of quality as Legion had been. I actually made it to region (EU) #1 Paladin tank on raider.io up until I quit playing. I cannot not say I did not make an effort to make the most out of the expansion, but in the end BfA just wasn't for me.

And so here I am, awaiting to re-release of Classic WoW in (hopefully) summer this year!
Currently getting myself super hyped over Classic WoW, sucking up every bit of information etc. that I can find;)

teebling
Undercity
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 182
Horde
Rogue

Cool, so many new people! Welcome everyone!

Yori wrote:
5 years ago
I quit playing WoW serioulsy and only played more or less casually, checking out all of the new expansions...
That's basicly me since Cataclysm.
I check new expansions in hopes they will go back to the roots, but nope, and i quit after 40 days.
BFA was the first time i didn't bought an expansion, and i am glad i didn't, what a waste of money that would have been...

ModeratorPrivate Message
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde

Hey folks,

Long time lurker of r/classicwow and noticed this community pop up now and again, decided to join!

The hype is unreal.

Hope to see some of you on the EU realms this summer!

Relik

teebling
Durotar
EU Mograine
donator Posts: 14
Horde
Warrior

Hey everyone!

Massive thank you to @teebling for introducing me to this forum via the awesome classic BG's post from Reddit!

My names Tom. Online I go by the handle of Redzy.

Started playing WoW in 2005 up till End of Cata. Re-joined at the end of MoP through to BFA, currently on a break from live until patches come in to fix the game. WoW introduced me to MMO's / RPGs & I've been in love ever since!

I spent quite a few months beginning to research & develop my own level strats on private servers to prepare for Classic WoW's launch. Ended up taking a break after starting to stream on Twitch (no private servers allowed sadly) in April 2018 but feel the itch to jump back in soon to finish preparing for Classic's launch.

I streamed leveling every class to 'cap' on the Blizzcon 2018 Demo, jumped back into retail to try a project 60 & BFA felt terrible after playing through the Classic Demo!

Incredibly excited to return to my favourite version & time in Azeroth, looking forward to making some friends & meeting like minded players to adventure with!

"Times up, lets DO this!"
Look forward to meeting everyone!
Redzy

teebling
Orgrimmar
donator Posts: 3
Horde
Mage

Hello everyone! I’m Hawk! Nice to meet you all! I’m Planning to roll a troll mage on a PVE server.

I always wondered how I’d fare in vanilla wow where gear was harder to get and things took
more time. WoW Classic is my chance to find out!

teebling