Hunter Marksman
donator Posts: 28
Horde
Hunter

v1stra wrote:
5 years ago
Hello Barrens Chat.

I will be playing Classic this time around with a new group of friends and it's safe to say that I'm very excited.

I just have one small (actually huge) problem... They all unanimously want to roll Alliance.

I've always been FOR THE HORDE!

So my question is:
Do I roll horde and gank them on repeat or find a new group of friends?
What do?
Find new friends! The alliance are scum!

Together we thrive, divided we survive.
In the darkest night, we are the light.

Sol In Noctem

Druid Restoration
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 1
Alliance
Druid

Hi guys, I am Apollo, looking forward to playing Classic with you all.

teebling
Duskwood
donator Posts: 41

Oh my lordy so many new people! WELCOME TO THE SHITSHOW

Warlock Destruction
donator Posts: 2
Horde
Warlock

Oh man this brings back some memories.

I used to spend hours chatting with people on a forum very similar to this back in the early 2000's, I even made custom signatures using Photoshop for people! I wonder if that sort of thing is still in demand?

Anyway, great to be here and I'm looking forward to enjoying Classic when it comes out! Here's to a bright and glorious future!

teebling
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Carrow wrote:
5 years ago
I even made custom signatures using Photoshop for people! I wonder if that sort of thing is still in demand?
A few people are using the userbars I made over here so I think people still like em :) Adds to the old school feeling.

By the way welcome Carrow and @Apollo!

Rogue Assassination
donator Posts: 4
Alliance
Rogue

Hello there!

I've start playing on BC and still playing on official currently.
Start from Horde, switch to Ally on Woltk and since Cata i'm in Horde.
And you know what, i'm back as an ally ;)

I look forward to BS you at SV

teebling
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 45
Human
Mage

Heyo, Iolden here.

I've heard soo many awesome tales of WoW but when I finally tried it, the world felt too big and empty? I dunno, it was not the thing I was looking for.

Classic however seems to be what I'm looking for, so I'm going full in. Imma be a human arcane mage in PvP headlong into Stranglethorn and sure as the Nether gonna be happy the first time I get gang killed by rogues.

This may sound weird but this is a child's fantasy about to be fulfilled :D

Nice to meet ya!

Hisoka
Don't wait for the world to accept you to try and be happy.
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Iolden wrote:
5 years ago
Classic however seems to be what I'm looking for, so I'm going full in. Imma be a human arcane mage in PvP headlong into Stranglethorn and sure as the Nether gonna be happy the first time I get gang killed by rogues.
Hey Iolden, that's kind of awesome - I actually haven't hear anyone talk about rolling an Arcane mage, ever, and it sounds very interesting! Welcome to the site.

Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 45
Human
Mage

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Iolden wrote:
5 years ago
Hey Iolden, that's kind of awesome - I actually haven't hear anyone talk about rolling an Arcane mage, ever, and it sounds very interesting! Welcome to the site.
Hey, thanks for the welcome. Didn't know it was that rare.
Can't wait to be a walking anomaly in the server then. :lol:

Hisoka
Don't wait for the world to accept you to try and be happy.
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

I'm just a big fan of underrated builds, specs etc. and it's something that has never really been talked about here hence the interest! Your signature is very fitting I suppose :smile:

Iolden
Priest Holy
donator Posts: 106
Alliance
Priest

Hello folks,

I'm William. I played World of Warcraft for a short period back in vanilla; however, I didn't get anywhere near close to the endgame experience. I'm not sure why. Perhaps because I was levelling a Warrior as my first character.

I dare say I'll have a lot of questions going forward. :wink:

Anyway, with that in mind I'm really excited for the release of Classic and looking forward to diving back in. I've played WoW on and off through pretty much every expansion since Wrath, but the current version really has lost its appeal for me now.

Nice to meet you all.

teebling
Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest

I personally am thinking about holy/discipline spec for levelling as NE Priest.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Silithus
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 39
Orc
Hunter

Hey all, I'm Herrington.

I started playing WoW right after 1.9 was released, and played up to just before 3.1 came out. Wish I had done more raiding than I did (still kicking myself about Ulduar), but PvP was pretty awesome, especially those super long AV rounds. I mained a marksman Orc Hunter with mining and goblin engineering. I plan on remaking it, along with a few other classes I wanted to try, but never did.

teebling
The Scarab Gong looms ominously before you. Steel yourself, adventurer; for once the Scarab Gong is rung, the gates of Ahn'Qiraj will be opened.
From the slackened maw of the beast can only come chaos and destruction. Defend your people!
Alliance
Warlock

I also haven't really played since WotLK. I quit because I became a bit too addicted... for several years.

I've purchased every expansion since and have always played them for two weeks before realising I can't dedicate as much time as I did when I was younger and decide to quit.

My friends and I are talking about taking a bit more casual approach to Classic so maybe I'll be able to hang longer.

I am also finishing school this summer so I'll have a lot more time.

Don't get me wrong though, I'll be binging for the first month to get to 60 before my friends if I can.

I love levelling and racing to level cap. Hopefully I can raid a little too.

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue

Just found this site from Reddit. Absolutely love it so far, can't wait to waste time here during work hours.

Mage Frost
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 16
Alliance
Mage

Hey guys, glad to be here! You can call me Rubi.

I technically started playing in Vanilla (back when I was in 4th grade...), but I never made it beyond level 25. I didn't seriously begin to play until Wrath/Cata. I started disliking the direction of the game in WoD, and in Legion/BFA I began to hate it.

My main class has always been a mage.

My main goals for Classic:

• Ding 60
  • Join a Guild
  • Participate in the AQ Event
  • Complete Every Raid Tier
  • Full T3
  • Obtain Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian

I hope to be playing Classic for years and years, and experiencing it with fellow players who love the game as much as I do.

Cheers!

Scheyp Alnir
Mage Fire
donator Posts: 1
Priest

Found this site on reddit like most recent newcomers! Excited to potentially start developing addons for classic :)

Alnir
Alliance
Warlock

I also haven't really played since WotLK. I quit because I became a bit too addicted... for several years.

I've purchased every expansion since and have always played them for two weeks before realising I can't dedicate as much time as I did when I was younger and decide to quit.

My friends and I are talking about taking a bit more casual approach to Classic so maybe I'll be able to hang longer.

I am also finishing school this summer so I'll have a lot more time.

Don't get me wrong though, I'll be binging for the first month to get to 60 before my friends if I can.

I love levelling and racing to level cap. Hopefully I can raid a little too.

teebling
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 64
Troll
Priest

Welcome guys :smile:

"Ya got my attention."

Priest Shadow
Horde
Priest

Was a day 1 vanilla wow player. Loved the sense of community and hoping to join up and make new friends. Totally played away in my teens and now i'm ready to attempt a fraction of that in my 30's :P

Scheyp teebling Alnir Rinkusan
donator Posts: 42
Alliance
Warlock

Started in 2007 played through SoO. Did the demo for classic and can't wait. I want to play a warlock this time!

teebling Alnir
Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 98
Human
Priest

Hi everyone,

Just poppin' in to say hello. I go by Alnir and like all of you, I'm sure, I'm a WoW addict. I'm from Canada, if anyone's interested, and I'm beyond excited for the release of WoW Classic. I stumbled across this forum quite by accident as I was trying my hardest to find the latest morsels of classic news/updates. I don't really know what to do with myself until the release because it's all I can think about. I can't even play other RPGs without longing to be playing classic, instead. So until then... I figured I'd endure the wait here. Misery enjoys company, after all.

The look and feel of this entire website, by the way, is excellent. Super well done. It certainly makes me feel closer to the 'classic' experience already! :mrgreen:

Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

@Faendor Bit of a late reply lol but it's like I said, if WoW is a big part of our lives but we can't play together then we probably won't be friends. I don't think I would've been best friends with my best friends if it weren't for games, because we're very different types with different interests and backgrounds. So if there's no way I can match my 40 hours a week with someone else's 40 hours a week, then it will work against us and it is unlikely we will meet on any other activities.

On the contrary, I think there's very little emotion to it. I'd rather have someone who doesn't play at all than someone who plays something I could never join in and play myself. Having emotions would be the only kind of thing to make a man dump his guild, faction and server just to play with a girl. :lol:

Soupoftheday
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid

Hi guys,

This looks like a great resource leading up to the release of Classic WoW. I am Selexin/Ryder and I played on US Kil'Jaeden to begin with (Selexin the Warrior), then Oceania Jubei'Thos at it's launch Jan 26 2006 (as Ryder the Druid). I played through a lot of Vanilla/TBC raiding content, then casually in each expansion from there on. The last 3 expansions I have played 1 character to new level cap, then cancelled subscription.

I am very excited for Classic WoW, and I can't wait to get back into it and hopefully rekindle old friendships, and create a lot of new friendships along the way.

I have my own little family now, but I know any free time I get will be spent playing or theorycrafting Classic WoW.

Cheers,
Selexin

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Rogue Subtlety
donator Posts: 17
Horde
Rogue

Hello o/
Started playing in WoW since alpha/beta. Still playing

In Waiting-room for Classic.

Selexin
:ugeek: Think of a number between 1 and 10 :confused: . Multiply it by 9 and subtract 1 :smile: . Now close your eyes :mad: . It's dark isn't it? :cool: