Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 80
Horde
Warrior

Like Max's thread, but reversed sign! There's usually one you can't stand running anymore, either because you've done it to death, or you just disliked it from the start.

I think Wailing Caverns is starting to wear me down. I suffer from severe altaholism and has run this maze without much supplement way too much. I'll run and enjoy a bunch on Classic though, don't you worry.

If I were to pick the one I like the least... I do find Stockades a bit droll. Not terrible, just droll. I think the bottom line for me is I think the original WoW team made excellent dungeons (and it only got better in BC!).

Max
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Failing Caverns will always be a bit of a sore spot seeing as a lot of people skipped Ragefire Chasm and then entered WC as their first dungeon with an undergeared, underprepared pickup group and flopped it.

Other than that, I dno, I actually can’t bring myself to hate on any dungeons in Classic. Maybe Gnomer is just really tough and confusing with the punch card quests etc.?

Araghast
Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

I hate Uldaman. Not just because the level differences in that dungeon are all over the place, but also because it's where you need to go in order to level up Enchanting. I think I hate it for having to do that once, for how long it took me to find a competent group that was willing to do a full run.

On top of that, a full run of Maraudon is just ass. Princess runs are a piece of cake, but a full run? Only once in a lifetime.

Kurzogg
Warrior Protection
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 18
Horde
Warrior

I like pretty much all dungeons, but Uldaman is my least favourite. I like the lore but not the design.

Kurzogg
“Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis
Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 196
Tauren
Shaman

The one I surely hate the most is Maraudon. It's like WC, but on steroid... a full run is a nightmare :D Probably because I don't like the setting also... or probably because of the bad memories I had of it: without guides or anyone who really knew the way, it was like impossible to finish it!

Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)

Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest

Gnomeregan...

April
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Desolace
donator Posts: 22
Horde
Hunter

Stockades. As horde you go all that way and corpse hop into the dungeon for what ends up being a pretty boring and short experience.

Mulgore
donator Posts: 45
Tauren
Warrior

I tought about it for 5 minutes. If I had to pick one it's LBRS. Just because it can drag on forever...

Sojiro84 Mordraek
Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 80
Horde
Warrior

Cram wrote:
5 years ago
I tought about it for 5 minutes. If I had to pick one it's LBRS. Just because it can drag on forever...
I think I only ran LBRS like thrice on Nost. I kinda liked the mazelikeness. :D

Deadwind Pass
donator Posts: 101
Alliance
Warlock

Gnomer without a doubt. Even the music drives me insane

Cram

Vikernes - Human Warlock - Arugal
Mage Frost
donator Posts: 58
Horde
Priest

Now this is an interesting question. Honestly I'd have to say the static lowbies. RFC, WC, DM and Stocks. I mean at least SFK had challenging mobs. It's just all so broing to me now. I've seen them so many times over and over several incarnations. I could navigate the instances blind. They've lost their magic on their own to me. But maybe if I find the right people we could have fun in them.

“Everything that is... is alive.”
Mulgore
Tauren
Warrior

Toastea wrote:
5 years ago
Gnomer without a doubt. Even the music drives me insane
PTSD incoming :twisted:

jk

Kurzogg
Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 24
Alliance

Wailing Caverns. I just don't like it.

Kurzogg
For the Crusade!
Ashenvale
donator Posts: 270
Alliance
Shaman

Stockades. No loot and the whole thing looks the same! It had some cool concept art though. Modeling team dropped the ball.

Deleted User 281
donator Posts:
Deleted User 281

Stockades is pretty boring, and people always end up pulling from both sides -,-

Other than that, Maraudon; I usually love large, challenging dungeons, but Maraudon is just somewhat annoying and not very intriguing...also, considering that it is way above the average Desolace level and that it does not really fit into the overall Desolace lore, I always felt it was kind of out of place there.

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 60
Horde
Warrior

ZG is probably my least favorite dungeon; though i have loads of great memories in the place; It's just not too fun after you have done it a lot in my opinion--way too much trash even when you skip a lot of it. Skipping spider boss definitely helps make it a bit more tolerable though.

Outside of raids I would have to say I dislike running sunken temple the most though I think it's a brilliantly designed dungeon. It's just too long for a 5 man. If they cut out half the trash it'd probably be a lot more tolerable though (seeing a pattern with trash yet ;).

Guildlead: Epoch of Thought | Vanilla Thunderfury Warrior | Maintank/Father/Husband/Disabled Vet
Twitter:The_Lne Twitch: The_Lne Bnet: Lne#1326
Guild site: https://www.epochofthought.com/ | Guild Discord:https://discord.gg/UqAVjJT
Warrior Fury
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 212
Horde

I think I like every dungeon that Classic offers. They are all so thematically well, full of wonder and mystery.

I guess the one that is lowest on my list is Ragefire Chasm, because it feels pretty spare overall.

Otherwise, I like every dungeon and what they offer.

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue

Gnomeregan for sure

Rogue Subtlety
donator Posts: 17
Horde
Rogue

"Blackfathom Deeps" - disgusting

teebling rexarlet
:ugeek: Think of a number between 1 and 10 :confused: . Multiply it by 9 and subtract 1 :smile: . Now close your eyes :mad: . It's dark isn't it? :cool:
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin

Ragefire Chasm. Dull and unpolished - it feels like an afterthought.

Araghast
Warlock Demonology
donator Posts: 2
Horde
Warlock

Gnomer, my favorite being SFK or SM

Silverpine Forest
Human
Mage

A year ago, in retail, I tried some of the classic dungeons available.
The first time i went to Gnomeregan, close to the end, someone pulled all of the striders.
The second time, a stray imp pulled an entire floor.

Ok, I lied. The actual first time I didnt do my homework and ... I jumped down. And got mocked about it :sad:
Not to mention the endless corpse run that was, the place is just HUGE.

I surely will have some flashbacks when i go back.

Don't wait for the world to accept you to try and be happy.
Alterac Valley
US Westfall
donator Posts: 8
Alliance
Hunter

Maraudon in total, just way too large and too much level difference from start to end. Uldaman comes second, just also too much level difference from start to end.

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 196
Undead
Mage

I never played Gnomer until I was like level 100 or something because I heard how big of a waste of time it was. That being said I loathe RFD and RFK equally. Dungeons full of pig people who sound like they are bearing down to take a crap when they aggro just wear me out.

Our time will come.
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 176
Undead
Priest

Sunken temple. I'm still not much of a fan. Dont really have a justification; just never much enjoyed it.

<Extreme>
Council Chairman
US-Horde
Blaumeux