Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 83
Human
Paladin

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
This is a very early concept of the map for SM:
Fun fact, that map is still in the game files. Map 44 <unused>Monastery. Pretty cool place.

Starts around 1:30. RIP Hayven. :sad:

teebling s1atan Timberfist
Paladin Holy
EU Noggenfogger
donator Posts: 11
Human
Paladin

Old school deadmines. Mr.smite is a personal favorite of mine!

Selexin
donator Posts: 15

BRD! It's not a dungeon; it's a city!

Selexin couchatron
Druid Balance
donator Posts: 111
Troll
Hunter

I loved SFK for its atmosphere and length - not too long, not too short. There was also that slight thrill of trespassing Horde territory. At level 60 I loved UBRS and Scholo, Strat was amazing as well. I have probably ran UBRS over 20 times to get Magister's Regalia.. ;)

Currently playing Kegtek, troll hunter on Ten Storms EU
I used to play Warn, human mage on The Maelstrom EU <Ashbringer | Rachell's Angels | Entrophy | Relentless>
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 83
Human
Paladin

It's gotta be Scarlet Monastery for me. I think I practically lived in that cathedral one summer during my quest from 30-40 as a Paladin. It seemed like it took the entire summer to finally make it to 40 for my mount, and each level up got me just one step closer and closer... But also because I was apart of so many PuGs for those dungeons, I met a lot of friends along the way, joined guilds, etc. I think that's the most memorable part for me is just the social aspect.

The rewards were great too -- especially as a retribution Paladin! The drops from the Armory wing were very nice.

Druid Feral
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 3
Night Elf
Druid

My favorite dungeons are Shadowfang keep, Zul'Farrak, Sunken Temple - yea i really like this dungeon, there are cool weapon and armor drops, and first time you meet dragons in dungeon, and Scarlet Monastery. But in fact i love all dungeon content in vanilla and that's why i'm here :)

Rogue Combat
US Westfall
donator Posts: 211
Orc
Rogue

I was actually very partial to Zul'Farrak. I'm not sure why, but I remember running it a ton. I also met a lot of my future vanilla guildmates during that time. Perhaps nostalgia is the reason.

Also, BRD & UBRS was the bees knees.

Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 49
Horde
Shaman

I think Scarlet Monastery is cool, as well as Stratholme. I don't think I ever ran Scholomance in-era, but I like it thematically. In general I guess I tend to prefer the Upper-Eastern Kingdoms Scourge-flavored dungeons.

I also remember liking UBRS back in the day, just because it was fun to do a 3-group Mini Raid. I think I did it during the 3-group era, anyway. Really foggy memories, but the idea that I was doing a raid-style dungeon was like, "Alright, this is an endgame dungeon now, real shit." Ended up running it a lot to get my Valor shoulders (Causing the other warrior in the group to lose his mind).

And a special mention for RFC. The dungeon itself is kind of whatever, verging on modern-WoW dungeon design in its simplicity, but I always look forward to doing it because it's the first time you get to try out how your new character plays in a group.

Selexin
Warlock Affliction
donator Posts: 63
Orc
Warlock

BRD, because I was lucky enough to not run it 5,000 times in vanilla and burn out on it. I did run it a good bit, but it's such an epic dungeon with so many different areas that it's in a league of its own.

Paladin Retribution
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Priest

The fact that you're cleansing the land off undead filth, helping the Argent Dawn, you even wear a trinket so that filthy scourge knows who is coming. All the background lore from WC3, the interesting bosses like the mysterious Unforgiven, young Timmy or one of the four horsemen itself, Baron Rivendare. The loot is also really good, it even comes with an extra challenge for 'speed-running' it...

Stratholme is by far the best dungeon in WoW Classic (my personal opinion).

Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 281
Human
Paladin

Stratholme for sure. The lore and the design is just great. Right after that the whole Blackrock ;)

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
donator Posts: 74

Blackrock Depths is such a cool and massive dungeon with so much to do and see in it, definitely my favorite.

Selexin
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 27
Human
Rogue

Uhh, hard to choose one!

I think for me was UBRS, followed closely by BRD.

I just loved getting in there an get lost in all the content they offered

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Grats on level 10 @Vhenx!

Vhenx
Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 22
Horde
Warrior

SFK for sure, but SM Cath is a close second for the secret boss and memories of being carried

Westfall
US Pagle
donator Posts: 81
Dwarf
Priest

The Deadmines, followed closely by all the Scarlet Monastery dungeons.

Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 281
Human
Paladin

Henhouse wrote:
5 years ago
teebling wrote:
5 years ago
This is a very early concept of the map for SM:
Fun fact, that map is still in the game files. Map 44 <unused>Monastery. Pretty cool place.

Starts around 1:30. RIP Hayven. :sad:
This is awesome. the first version would have been way cooler. The Channel is also really nice.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Stranglethorn Vale
donator Posts: 30
Orc
Warrior

Love Wailing Caverns and Blackrock Depths, spent so much time in both and can't wait to get back!

Warsong Gulch
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 85
Troll
Rogue

So I'm bored and decided I would try to determine a ranking for the Vanilla dungeons based on people's feedback in this thread and in the least favorite dungeon thread. Obviously take this with a grain of salt as I am only working with people's favorites and least favorites. I'm sure having people rank all of the dungeons from favorite to least favorite would be more accurate, but whatever, this is what I have.

With that being said the list I came up with is....*drum roll*...
1. Blackrock Depths
2. Scarlet Monastery
3. Shadowfang Keep
4. Scholomance
5. Stratholme
6. Deadmines
7. Zul'Farrak
8. Dire Maul
9. Lower Blackrock Spire
10. Maraudon
11. Razorfen Downs
12. Wailing Caverns
13. Ragefire Chasm
14. Razorfen Kraul
15. Blackfathom Deeps
16. Sunken Temple
17. Uldaman
18. The Stockades
19. Gnomeregan

BRD has so far been, by far, the most liked dungeon, while Gnomeregan had an incredibly high number of least favorites.

Deadmines, LBRS, and Wailing Caverns seem like they could be the most controversial, as they had a fair number of mentions in both the favorite dungeon and least favorite dungeon threads.

Also a few other things that I think are interesting:
BFD and Stockades have not yet had a mention as anyone's favorite dungeon. On the opposite end, SFK, Scholomance, and ZF didn't look to have any mentions as anyone's least favorite dungeon.

Anyway, that's enough. I may have missed something as I had to comb through the posts interpreting people's responses, so please forgive me if that is the case. I hope you find this interesting!

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock

I honestly can't objectively pick one dungeon that's my super favorite above all else. I love so many for so many different reasons. I'm just stoked that those reasons will matter again in Classic.

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior

BRD for sure!
I know my way in an out, and although it has been quite some time since I've played WoW, I think after a run or two it should all come back to me ;D

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde