donator Posts: 10

I'll be playing an Undead Warlock. I love the casting animations of Undead and Warlocks are very good all-arounders. Plus, they just get stronger in the later Raids.

teebling
Discord Admin @ Classic WoW Guilds : https://discordapp.com/invite/HNT7UPq
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Nymis wrote:
5 years ago
In the sort of stuff I'm into (structured, open-world PvP) they are insanely good. To name a few advantages:
  • Being able to summon a raid anywhere with just 2 rogues with me enables a lot of capital city shenanigans.
  • The ability to use Healthstone+Death Coil+Health Potion+Sacrifice Voidwalker+Soul Stone+Sacrifice Voidwalker (with Fel Domination) all while DoT-ing enemies with Siphon Life mean you're extremely hard to kill in a large group and it allows you to stay in the front line better than almost any other class.
  • The CC you have with Single Fear+AoE Fear+AoE stun (Infernal) is amazing against groups of any sizes
  • Eye of Killrog is an amazing and versatile scouting tool, it's only second to Far Sight/Eagle Eye in very open spaces
Holy moly that healthstone+death coil ad infinitum chain is awesome - I would never have expected that kind of HP from a lock. Every day’s a schoolday!

Likewise with Eye of Killrog I can see that working very nicely for a city raid leader.

Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
Holy moly that healthstone+death coil ad infinitum chain is awesome - I would never have expected that kind of HP from a lock.
I'll also let you in on another little known tidbit - there's a talent in the first row of the Demonology tree that increases the potency of your Healthstone with every point (2 points maximum). In vanilla, a Healthstone with 0/2 talent points counted as a separate item from a Healthstone with 1/2 points, and likewise for one with 2/2 points in that specific talent.

So yes, you could legitimately have / use 3 different Healthstones if you had 3 Warlocks who agreed to allocate that point in that certain way.

teebling
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest

Interesting, but I doubt it will work that way on Classic.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
The Barrens
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 61

Back in the days I played Orc/warrior, I remember I had some struggle to level as fast as my friends back then.
Now I'm looking forward to priest or mage, since my friend will play Paladin.

Gehennas EU PvP - Horde
<FIKA>
Duskwood
donator Posts: 41

Faendor wrote:
5 years ago
Interesting, but I doubt it will work that way on Classic.
Seems more like a bug than an accidental ‘feature’. Is this a pserver confirmed thing @Nymis or is it confirmed from vanilla?

Warlock Destruction
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 307
Undead
Warlock

Iced_Plasma wrote:
5 years ago
Seems more like a bug than an accidental ‘feature’.
Oh, definitely. I knew about it in TBC (when I first started playing) and it's been documented on vanilla wiki as well. Adding to that, the patch 3.0.8 comments when it was removed. Also found a little "exploit" in Arena where a Warlock could conjure 3 different stones by himself adding the points in between casts. Also found an old little "exploit" in Arena where a Warlock could conjure 3 different stones by himself adding the points in between casts.

Yeah, it was definitely a thing in retail. Don't know if anyone managed to test it on the demo however.

teebling Iced_Plasma
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

Well boys I'm back home and have some free time so I'm downloading Nostalrius client at the moment and have made an account on Light's Hope! Will be playing on Lightbringer server since it is patch 1.12. Will tell you what I end up rolling :)

Jpy
Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde

@teebling if you end up on Horde and need anything lmk!

teebling
Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 23
Alliance

Shaman. I always liked the focus on the elements, and for some reason, really liked the concept of totems. I also really fell in love with how Shamans heal, and have been healing as a resto shaman ever since TBC (although I really play too much in legion, and not at all in BFA).

To be frank, I preferred Draenei shamans to any of the horde races. In classic, I'll have to roll horde, so probably troll or orc.

Hunter Survival
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 41
Dwarf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I play hunter because of fond memories I have of battlegrounds. One shotting fresh 60 clothies with one critted aimedshot. The mobility. Having a pet, the long range, the tracking, the traps... Too bad hunters are suffering from some bugs that really bug me ( no pun intended).

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I played left tackle on the offensive line on my high school football team back in the day. I had a lot of fun playing football because of the team element in play. Especially down on the offensive line where we had to work together to keep defenders from getting through to the backfield. Defenses would throw all kinds of stunts and brute force at us, and it was up to us to keep them at bay. Either we were working on blocking schemes to pick up whatever the defense threw at us, or we were working together to truck defensive linemen over to make holes big enough for our backfield to run through. We weren't the ones scoring the points, but we had to be on our game so points could be scored. That was a fantastic feeling that I haven't found many other places since then.

Tanking brings back the same kinds of feelings I had playing offensive line. In dungeon groups, it's up to me to block for our DPS so they can score, so they can take down the bosses we need to fight. And that itself has been a lot of fun. But since I'm now tanking in raids with team mates, it's brought this feeling back tenfold. We have to work together to tank planned encounters, we have to work together when we get unexpected pulls, we have to work together when we get unexpected adds. And we communicate with each other like we did back on the o-line days. Like when a defense tried to get through by throwing an extra linebacker at us, we had to communicate who was picking up what. When an extra core hound comes around a corner and joins in the fray, we have to communicate who is picking it up. And when it works, we block for our DPS and healers so they can score for us.

I'll be able to run the same raid content every single week with my raid team because it's not the scenery that I'm playing for. The loot is nice, and I'm happy to be making progress there. And I do look forward to progression with my team. But really what is going to keep bringing me back week in and week out is the chance to get back out on the field with my teammates and throw down chop blocks all day for our DPS so they can shine and we can keep clearing our way through raids.

It's fucking fantastic. I'm playing a feral tank because I've already done the warrior tank thing before. I also like the aspect of not having a shield and blocking things with my face because I'm 1,200lbs of bear. No frills, no fancy stance dancing, just surviving and holding threat by sheer brute force alone :lol: I'm not a main tank, warriors have more tools for surviveability. But I'm fine with that. I'm part of a tanking team and there are spots where I'll be the primary tank, and plenty of spots where I'm just throwing blocks. I've made it exactly where I wanted to be since I first heard Classic was coming back.

Can't wait for the next raid night.

Selexin
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

In Vanilla I played Tauren Warrior because I thought the WC3 Tauren with their massive totems were absolutely bad ass. Only later did I learn that totems were not weapons one could wield unless you're Cairne Bloodhoof.

In Classic I play a Paladin because I love PvP healing. I had previously rolled a Blood Elf Paladin in TBC and achieved Gladiator ranking in both 2v2 and 3v3 brackets during arena season 1. That experience was thoroughly enjoyable and the Paladin class was the sole the reason why I crossed over to Alliance from Horde this time around.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Well, since it appears this thread is staying necro'd, I'll throw in my two cents.

As far as how I choose a class generally, I do the opposite of what people earlier in the thread said. I've played and love every class, but in order for me to really get into a class and stay with it, I need some realism. Warriors, rogues, hunters, paladin to an extent. I love the flavor and fun you get with magic using classes, but at the end of the day I want to be killing people with my weapons. It's the same reason I prefer to play as a human; I enjoy being in this crazy fantasy world full of monsters and magic, and getting by at the end of the day as just a dude using the good ole fashioned killing tools that people have been using in real life for thousands of years.

For now in classic I'm maining a hunter because I'm currently having a lot of fun playing the scouting role in group wpvp. I'm not necessarily the strongest fighter in the group, but I can hold my own. What I am the best at is finding and running down enemy players. With track humanoids, aspect of the cheetah/pack, hunter's mark, flares, 41yd range and concussive shot, I am almost always the one who catches and snares targets for the group to murder. I find it fun. Additionally, my limited and sporadic play time nowadays means I'm frequently solo when I can play, and we all know huntards are great for that.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Ashenvale
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 2
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Druid. I don't know why, It always felt right to me. I always loved the fact i could play a Resto/Tank Hybrid.

Faendor
Durotar
EU Skullflame
donator Posts: 16
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

so months ahead i chose to create a priest, chose my name skin race etc. created the priest, ran to another starting area leveled him to about 14 and then i just stopped, i did not want to play the class anymore.

created a mage, wanted to be able to farm, pvp etc. etc. leveled to i think lvl 31 and then i just did not want to play the class anymore - mage feels great, mage feels imba, mage feels too easy? does that make sense? i was bored and i missed beeing able to heal.

on top of that i now started to regret my chosen faction. i wanted to play but everytime i logged on, created another class it just felt wrong.

then rl mates happened to start with wow and we chose to roll horde on another server. i chose shaman and i like it very much. lvl 37 now and still not bored, it feels right. i like the totem management, i like wf procs, and im looking forward to spec to ele once 40. healing with an different equipset is also very fun. but the the one thing i like the most is that my orc is one ugly mf - just loking at his redicilous armor while leveling or imagining scared alliance players running away from that face is hilarious.

FROST SHOCK!