Ashenvale
donator Posts: 270
Alliance
Shaman

Scholomance, it's just so gorgeous when you stop to look at the doodads and all the other things populating it.

But I must say, by concept alone BRD is very, very cool.

Thunder Bluff
donator Posts: 68
Tauren
Druid

I'll seem like a simpleton when I admit this, but that's okay.

I love Ragefire Chasm.

It's so simple, easy, and when you're a low level you meet new friends through these dungeons so it's a pretty nice networking dungeon off the beginning.

Next in line would have to be Shadowfang Keep because of all of the interesting bosses and the size of the dungeon is a pretty good run.

Nala - Feral Druid - Grobbulus
"May the eternal sun shine upon thee"
Feralas
donator Posts: 71
Horde
Hunter

I love every single one of them. Dire Maul and Maraudon are so beautiful and mysterious.

Full bore!
Mage Frost
donator Posts: 12
Horde
Mage

Maraudon for me, I love its varying aesthetics, and that it's segmented into all these different parts which can be accessed through each other. Usually Maraudon runs can also end up being very long when no one has the scepter, so lots of great memories have been made in that dungeon.

Sunken Temple would be my runner up.

teebling
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 28
Horde
Rogue

BRD obviously, as many also chose. Needs no explanation.
Also really like Zul'Farrak. The theme and bosses were really fun. Have good memories of that place.
And Wailing Caverns is just a classic. I love how a group of 'noobs' with few skills run around that snake pit, collecting their first greens and occasional blue. Everything that drops there feels like such a big upgrade.

CBX
Rogue Subtlety
donator Posts: 17
Horde
Rogue

Zul'Farrak
Deadmines
Scarlet Monastery

Stka Alnir
:ugeek: Think of a number between 1 and 10 :confused: . Multiply it by 9 and subtract 1 :smile: . Now close your eyes :mad: . It's dark isn't it? :cool:
Mage Frost
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 16
Alliance
Mage

I'm a huge fan of Scholomance and BRD.

Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde

I love Wailing Caverns, Shadowfang Keep, Sunken Temple and BRD. :)

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest

s1atan wrote:
5 years ago
I love Wailing Caverns, Shadowfang Keep, Sunken Temple and BRD. :)
I personally agree with Sunken Temple and BRD :)

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 98
Human
Priest

EASY! Scarlet Monastery, for sure. I don't think I've ever felt more at home in a dungeon. I tend to main priest and the entire inquisition/catholic church aesthetic fits perfectly with my priestly fantasy. I remember spending hours trying to get that bloody tabard of the Scarlet Crusade. In addition, that room with the secret sliding door in the Crusader's Chapel blew my mind when I saw it for the very first time. Can't wait to get in there and experience it all over again. IMO, Whitemane's Chapeau is the definition of vanilla priestly aesthetic.

Deleted User 396
donator Posts:
Deleted User 396

Wailing caverns purely because it was my first ever dungeon experience back in vanilla. Sitting there at the skull-shaped entrance with all those dragon encased mob portraits. Filled me with a mix of awe, curiosity, and a sense of danger. Good times!

Silithus
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 39
Orc
Hunter

I enjoyed going through the city-like dungeons the most, I think. Gnomeregan, Dire Maul, BRD, and Stratholme.

The Scarab Gong looms ominously before you. Steel yourself, adventurer; for once the Scarab Gong is rung, the gates of Ahn'Qiraj will be opened.
From the slackened maw of the beast can only come chaos and destruction. Defend your people!
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin

Scarlet Monastery - it's got something for everybody, and prior to level 60 it's the only dungeon that I've always ran multiple times on virtually every character I've rolled.

Alnir
Rogue Assassination
US Westfall
donator Posts: 81
Human
Rogue

Deadmines. An absolute classic and hands down probably the most iconic dungeon of World of Warcraft. Everyone knows it! It was so neat crawling through this claustrophobic series of caverns and tunnels, fighting goblins, miners and mages to finally blast open this door to a huge pirate ship inside a massive open area filled with pirates and their parrots. Truely surreal and I don't think any other MMO has quite captured a similar experience and community aspect as that dungeon has.

Dandus
donator Posts: 33
Alliance
Paladin

I'll narrow it down to my top three:

1) Stratholme - the environment in the burning city was just incredible. From the secret bosses, to the two sides to run,
to the raid portal to Naxx that never came to fruition, to the lore from WC3... this is my favorite dungeon.
2) Scholomance - another excellent environment and backstory nestled into a very challenging dungeon.
3) Black Rock Spire - this is a combined upper/lower dungeon. Crossing the last bridge to Drakkisath, looking down and seeing so many
different floors of Black Rock Spire has always impressed me.

C4N
Alterac Valley
US Westfall
donator Posts: 8
Alliance
Hunter

All dungeons in Blackrock Mountain are extremely well designed, not lineair and have so much things to do.

For playing mainly alliance during vanilla and having many alts, the deadmines have a special place in my heart.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior

@Alnir I found some cool SM things for you :smile:

This is a very early concept of the map for SM:

And the final concept map:

Herrington Alnir Fnonk Selexin Sanniey couchatron
Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 98
Human
Priest

teebling wrote:
5 years ago
@Alnir I found some cool SM things for you :smile:
@teebling where did you find these! these are awesome :surprised: I could seriously print these out and make posters of out them! Love this thank you for sharing. Only makes me MORE excited to get in there again.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Check it out: https://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/index.php?cat=7

The gallery has like every single piece of official concept art and renders etc. for wow classic.

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 196
Undead
Mage

SFK because of the cool area that it is in. SM because it's where I started getting gear that made me feel stronger.

Our time will come.
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 176
Undead
Priest

I loved Scholo. Ran it countless times with my fury warrior friend - Belusterk. It was just a well put together environment and I dug it.

Cletus
<Extreme>
Council Chairman
US-Horde
Blaumeux
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid

BRD, Strat, WC. I probably did those 3 more than any (except maybe SM Armory) and I still enjoy them.

Gnomer is hella long/grindy but I have some fantastic memories from there.

couchatron
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 7
Alliance

Deadlines and Scarlet Monastery. So many memories of runs there.

Deadmies because it's usually people's first dungeon. Everyone is in the same boat at that point; turning up in white gear with the odd green, slowly making your way through. If people start getting lucky with green drops you can actually feel the run get easier as people pick up gear with stats on them. If you have a good group it isn't too hard despite the gear. It's even better if someone brings a level 20 tank friend.
Then the relief as you escape out the back door to the hills South of Westfall, thankful to see the sunshine again. By that time you've usually a picked up a few greens, or a blue if you're lucky, and you already feel more powerful than when you went in. Then the excitement of turning the quest in for a guaranteed blue. Then running it again and again. I just love it.

Same with SM. I'd argue that finding a solid group to tackle Library, Armoury and Cath in one night is one of the most satisfying nights of gaming anyone can have. I ran that place so many times on different characters. The excitement of getting the sword rewards from the quests there on my rogue, or of getting some of Herods sweet loot as a lvl 40
Enhancement shaman. I tore through cloth mobs once I got Ravager, the helm and the shoulder. Like Deadmines, you can leave SM ready to go back to questing knowing that you're a lot more powerful than you were a few hours ago.

I'll also never forget the first time I did Cath. "Let's skip these mobs" we said as we got ready to fight Mograine, having never done it before.
"I wouldn't do that" said one of our guild's experienced rogues.
"Nah we'll be careful."
"Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you" she said as she hung back at the end of the room in stealth. The ensuing wipe was glorious, as was her "I told you so"

Just so many great memories of those early dungeons, and I can't wait to go back.

teebling Pluuf
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Orc
Warrior

Zord wrote:
5 years ago
Deadmies because it's usually people's first dungeon. Everyone is in the same boat at that point; turning up in white gear with the odd green, slowly making your way through. If people start getting lucky with green drops you can actually feel the run get easier as people pick up gear with stats on them. If you have a good group it isn't too hard despite the gear. It's even better if someone brings a level 20 tank friend.
Then the relief as you escape out the back door to the hills South of Westfall, thankful to see the sunshine again. By that time you've usually a picked up a few greens, or a blue if you're lucky, and you already feel more powerful than when you went in. Then the excitement of turning the quest in for a guaranteed blue. Then running it again and again. I just love it.
Best summary of Deadmines I’ve seen yet.

US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 7
Alliance

Also, Blackrock Spire/Mountain. The whole place. The mystery, the excitement, the different areas, the quests, the interwoven dungeons and raids...Whether you start in BRD at 52 or raid its depths at 60, It's just a really well designed end-game zone.