Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 176
Likes: 141
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've looked up whether or not ReShade can get you banned from WoW, I've found that you can't...FPS/eSports games are different however.

I mainly use ReShade to literally do what the name says..recolor the game.

This is how my Retail wow looks...also, the blur is from the program itself, no photoshop what so ever in this image.

WITH RESHADE



WITHOUT RESHADE





EDIT: So you can see, with ReShade the game seems more alive and vibrant. I love using it to give more "life" to the world we play and visit in daily.

For a lot of us, World of Warcraft is more than a game, it's a social hub, it's an escape from reality or it's more than that and it's home..capable of memories that will last a life-time.

I hope to use ReShade in Classic and open my eyes to a beautiful experience greater than a private server.

   Selexin Artmos
Druid Restoration
User avatar
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Likes: 764
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The blur is quite intense around the edge. Good for screenshots, not so much for playing.

The colours do look much richer/nicer though.

   Knoxtane
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 176
Likes: 141
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
The blur is quite intense around the edge. Good for screenshots, not so much for playing.

The colours do look much richer/nicer though.
The Blur is strictly for screenshots, I disable "Tilt Shift" when actually playing.

   Selexin
Druid Restoration
User avatar
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Likes: 764
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Knoxtane wrote:
4 years ago
The Blur is strictly for screenshots, I disable "Tilt Shift" when actually playing.
Yeh sick, the colour richness is really nice.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 176
Likes: 141
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Some Goldshire comparisons.







WITHOUT RESHADE

   teebling Lendryn
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Likes: 774
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Not my taste, but neat.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Likes: 341
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Is there any reason why ReShade would warrant a ban in any game if all it does is... re-shade things?
@OP: Looks cool for some "banner-like" screenshots, or background and such, but I can't imagine having a blur on ALL of my screenshots :D

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 176
Likes: 141
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
4 years ago
Is there any reason why ReShade would warrant a ban in any game if all it does is... re-shade things?
@OP: Looks cool for some "banner-like" screenshots, or background and such, but I can't imagine having a blur on ALL of my screenshots :D
The blur is only for certain scenery. I plan to make tons of wallpapers with the program.

Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Likes: 630
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Knoxtane wrote:
4 years ago
The blur is only for certain scenery. I plan to make tons of wallpapers with the program.
It seems like it works best when the camera is nearly horizontal with the ground since this angle gives you a lot of the scene very close to the camera, and a lot of the scene very far from the camera. Gives the picture more of a photograph look where the near and far bits are out of focus.

But this same blur effect looks pretty crappy when the camera is pointed more straight down. It blurs parts of the image that should be in focus and just looks blurry.

Pretty neat tool though

   Knoxtane
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 176
Likes: 141
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Knoxtane wrote:
4 years ago
The blur is only for certain scenery. I plan to make tons of wallpapers with the program.
It seems like it works best when the camera is nearly horizontal with the ground since this angle gives you a lot of the scene very close to the camera, and a lot of the scene very far from the camera. Gives the picture more of a photograph look where the near and far bits are out of focus.

But this same blur effect looks pretty crappy when the camera is pointed more straight down. It blurs parts of the image that should be in focus and just looks blurry.

Pretty neat tool though
Thanks, Pip! I just started using it. I really love how vibrant the game can be. I haven't tested it with Classic but I'm sure it will work!

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Likes: 2548
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Love the tilt shift, these will make some sick wallpapers. That Goldshire one is gorgeous.

   Knoxtane
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 176
Likes: 141
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
Love the tilt shift, these will make some sick wallpapers. That Goldshire one is gorgeous.
Thanks! I'll be posting some of the most popular social spots once classic opens.

Blasted Lands
User avatar
donator Posts: 204
Likes: 129
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
4 years ago
Is there any reason why ReShade would warrant a ban in any game if all it does is... re-shade things?
@OP: Looks cool for some "banner-like" screenshots, or background and such, but I can't imagine having a blur on ALL of my screenshots :D
ReShade pretends to be the DirectX or OpenGL driver, so that games load ReShade instead of the actual driver and send all render commands to ReShade. ReShade then passes those commands on to the real driver while adding and modifying some commands to do this. Some anti-cheat software tools whitelist ReShade for this reason since modifying the source code would cause those to pick it up as a cheat and take action against you (ban/suspensions).

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Rogue Combat
User avatar
US Westfall
donator Posts: 211
Likes: 144
Orc
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Is it possible to get some screenshots with the blur turned off?

Blasted Lands
User avatar
donator Posts: 204
Likes: 129
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

couchatron wrote:
4 years ago
Is it possible to get some screenshots with the blur turned off?
You select which effects to activate.

https://reshade.me/forum/general-discus ... -newcomers



So you can pretty much download it and jump in and have a look :D

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Druid Feral
User avatar
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Likes: 80
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
4 years ago
Is there any reason why ReShade would warrant a ban in any game if all it does is... re-shade things?
There are certain mods that require you to mess with some important ingame files which is seen as against the terms of service which can get you banned. There is another mod that essentially only makes nights darker in game, but again, you need to mess with some files, but it brings back that original classic night feel, but it's against the terms of service.

So technically it could get you banned, but that would be up to the discretion of big brother blizzard.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Rogue Combat
User avatar
donator Posts: 147
Likes: 54
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

to people who want great colors - buy a monitor that has IPS display. you will not want to look at TN displays (those are the most popular ones, because they are cheaper) anymore.

Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 176
Likes: 141
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

couchatron wrote:
4 years ago
Is it possible to get some screenshots with the blur turned off?
Yes. I just have it turned on for a more dramatic photo. you can turn all sorts of effects on or off.

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Likes: 2548
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If it were deemed an exploit somehow, it’s always possible to take screenshots and apply tilt shift and colour corrections afterwards if it is simply still shots being produced (as opposed to having the Fx on the whole time).

   Knoxtane
Priest Holy
User avatar
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 102
Likes: 54
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

A quick search on youtube gave me this video, it looks easy to use.

   Genecide
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 32
Likes: 11
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Grindhouse wrote:
4 years ago
A quick search on youtube gave me this video, it looks easy to use.
That looks soo cool!

Español, por favor.
Priest Holy
User avatar
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 102
Likes: 54
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yes, i might download it and play around with it in Classic.

   Knoxtane Genecide
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 176
Likes: 141
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Grindhouse wrote:
4 years ago
Yes, i might download it and play around with it in Classic.
That's my Plan! Classic with very vibrant colors!! :cool: :cool: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Priest Holy
User avatar
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 102
Likes: 54
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Is Classic with graphics maxed the same as in BFA? If so i might actually download BFA just to play around with this

Druid Feral
User avatar
donator Posts: 49
Likes: 17
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Reshade won't get you banned, as it doesn't alter the game it's self or get past Warden, instead it pretends to be a DirectX or OpenGL driver that applies filters over the the rendered image.

Kinda like your heavily 'shopped instagram photos...


That being said though, it 'can' do memory hooking for z-buffers, etc. but the game needs to allow it in addition to certain anti-cheat solutions having it whitelisted.

Image